• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlessMidnight

Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Well I never said I considered Druddigon ugly. I just don't like it's design; I just thought they could have made Druddy's design better then they did. The only pokemon I ever considered ugly is Probopass >.>

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Well I never said I considered Druddigon ugly. I just don't like it's design; I just thought they could have made Druddy's design better then they did. The only pokemon I ever considered ugly is Probopass >.>
    FAKE POKEDEX ENTRY:
    Probopass:
    the scary Mario monolith pokemon.

This pokemon has magnetic powers & brings shame to a certian plumber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, I was in the mood to do something random...

Anyways, they could have done better on Druddigon's design...

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • ^^What's a character bypass?
    Didn't know that rule..., nor do I know what I did wrong in that post...
    Ah, nevermind.

New topic:
    Which is better Pokemon overall:
    Haxorus or Hydreigon?
    haxorus-detail.png
    635Hydreigon.png

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Hmm.. Hydreigon is a special attacker, which is one pseudo legendary out of however many there are. But, Haxorus has a huge attack stat. I'm going to go with Haxorus on this one. Although they are both awesome.

Last edited:

MoonlessMidnight

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I think both are pretty much equal. It just depends on if you want more attack (Haxorus) or special attack (Hydreigon). Though in terms of weakness Hydreigon would be at a slight disadvantage compared to Haxorus since Haxorus is purely a dragon type while Hydreigon is a dragon/dark type.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • And I sereously don't know which one I like more...
    Design is great on both pokemon, I love it!
    I prefer Hydreigon's name, since Haxorus sounds like a flu name... :/
    Statvise, they're both great attackers, just that one is sp. based, and other is phisically stronger...
    Movepools are very various with both Pokemon...

Years
  • I want to join! I'm currently obsessing over dragon-types :]

Favorite Dragons? Hydreigon has very quickly become my favorite
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? hmmm......Salamence yes, idk about Grachaomp
    Lance or Clair? Clair
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Kingdra :]
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Original
    Whats your Dragon Team? Currently working on it, But I'm sure it will include Hydreigon & Garchomp
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? YES!
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Palkia :]

Silhouette

Years
  • I want to join! I'm currently obsessing over dragon-types :]

Favorite Dragons? Hydreigon has very quickly become my favorite
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? hmmm......Salamence yes, idk about Grachaomp
    Lance or Clair? Clair
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Kingdra :]
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Original
    Whats your Dragon Team? Currently working on it, But I'm sure it will include Hydreigon & Garchomp
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? YES!
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Palkia :]
    Welcome to the Den!

Hydreigon has really seen a lot of discussion lately.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Hydreigon because it sounds like Hydrogen (first element in the periodic table lolololol). It looks more interesting (its hands have mouths!) has a unique type combination too.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Well, Bulbagarden saw how I LOVED Haxorus.

But using cold & hard data, it is my belif that both pokemon will be most fearsome in the OU tier.

However, I have doubts of either being banned...

Haxorus is not as bulky as other dragons & I've heard from Sublime, an experienced battler from Bulbagarden, that Hydreigon has plenty of possible counters.

& if they (Smogon) moved Hydreigon to ubers, that he/she's finished with them. That should give a general idea of how many possible ways there are to countering the brutal dark dragon.

Years
  • May I join?

May I join? I LOVEEEEE DRAGON TYPES.
    Favorite Dragons? Charizard has always been my fave.
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Salamence is EPIC but I think Garchomp has stronger stats. I forgot na e.
    Lance or Clair? Lance, the dragon champ.
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Does gyarados count?
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin.
    Whats your Dragon Team? Dragonite and Charizard.
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? Hm. YES. HE IS JUST SOOOO EPIC.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? I WUV RESHIRAMS.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hydreigon is better than Haxorus in my opinion. It is slightly faster, possesses superior bulk (HP and defences as well as Levitate) and it's Sp Atk is big enough to threaten many opponents. Haxorus, while he does have stupidly high attack, his shallow movepool lets him down and certain Pokemon just laugh in his face because of this (Skarmory immediately comes to mind).

Hydreigon has the movepool to threaten pretty much anything and he has a good enough Sp Atk to near OHKO many things with Draco Meteor. Levitate is also a nice ability, further adding to his durability, though both of Haxorus' abilities are OK. The thing is, Mold Breaker rarely plays into effect (at least when I used Haxorus) and Rivalry is a hit and miss boost.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Hydreigon is better than Haxorus in my opinion. It is slightly faster, possesses superior bulk (HP and defences as well as Levitate) and it's Sp Atk is big enough to threaten many opponents. Haxorus, while he does have stupidly high attack, his shallow movepool lets him down and certain Pokemon just laugh in his face because of this (Skarmory immediately comes to mind).

Hydreigon has the movepool to threaten pretty much anything and he has a good enough Sp Atk to near OHKO many things with Draco Meteor. Levitate is also a nice ability, further adding to his durability, though both of Haxorus' abilities are OK. The thing is, Mold Breaker rarely plays into effect (at least when I used Haxorus) and Rivalry is a hit and miss boost.
    All so true...
    But couldn't Haxorus use Fire Blast on Skarmory?
    It's Sp.Atk is low, but Skarmory's Sp.Def isn't any better.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Haha, actually Skarmory's Special Defense is higher than Haxorus' Special Attack (and equal to Haxorus' Special Defense).

Hydreigon is better, however the need to breed it just for Dark Pulse irritates me somewhat.

Overall, Druddigon is still my favourite Gen V dragon-type :D

Oh, and seeing as this is dying, and I doubt anybody will object:

Reshiram or Zekrom, which do you prefer?

Personally my vote goes to:

545px-643Reshiram.png

Right from the offset, even when I didn't know which was which, I wanted the white one. And, despite me owning Black, and having only had possession of Zekrom for approximately 3 minutes in my lifetime (got one, traded straight back on the GTS for a Braviary), Zekrom hasn't got that "I can't have it, therefore I want it" effect on me that many version-exclusives, particularly version mascots, often have on me.

Plus, if you ask me, it looks a lot more majestic. Zekrom has a neat design, sure, but Reshiram has this whole aura surrounding it...it oozes class and legendary.

N.b. please, don't all copy me with massive images. One of Zekrom will suffice, but then people are going to get irritated at me for kicking off the trend, and you for following it. Use sprites, they're arguably cooler when you see the fire/electricity coming out of their arsses tails.

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Kinda sleepy are we here...?
    Well i prefere zekrom's design. It looks great, excactly the way a legendary pokemon should look like...
    it's type is also great, and unique, but reshiram' is aswell...
    overall, i like zekrom better, why..., i don't really know myself... :)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • It's like, more than a year since I've been here.

Reshiram or Zekrom, which do you prefer?

Reshiram. It looks more regal, sleek and possesses this aura of command. Like "obey me!" feeling. But of course, Latios is still my favorite pokemon. Outclasses Hydriegon for Speed, Sp. attack and Sp. Def. In my gaming experience, I hit DM Latios kills Hydriegon.

Silhouette

Years
  • On the topic, I prefer Zekrom. I'm not too fond of either, to be completely honest, but I like Zekrom's design a bit better. And it's physically oriented, something you don't see too often in a legendary. :P

MoonlessMidnight

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I'd have to say I prefer Zekrom. Ever since I first saw the two legendaries Zekrom just seemed to catch and hold me more than Reshiram; though I do like both of their designs and such, plus I have both so I'm happy and good.

I'd have to say that Reshiram looks regal while Zekrom looks badass.

Years
  • Favorite Dragons?Dragonite, garchomp, salamance, and last but not least charizard
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Not sure on garchomp, but salamance should be uber
    Lance or Clair?Lance
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Charizard period.
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Another form. Looks cooler this way :)
    Whats your Dragon Team? Not really sure...............
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? No. It doesn't have the look or feel of a dragon.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Raquaza

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back