• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Dream World

Years
  • i think it was fun at first, and i played around with it a bit, but... not really much. didn't catch a lot of dw pokemon and eventually i really only used it just to see how pretty the dw environment was.

Years
  • I loved the Dream World. I remember spending a lot of time using it. I have a special event Arceus from it too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    I always feel weird about the Dream World because I never used the Dream World. It was an entire feature I just... Didn't try when the games came out. It all seemed too complicated and unwieldy. By the time I cared enough to use it, it was already gone.

A number of Gen 5's features I missed the boat on due to the internet connection requirements. I didn't have decent home wi-fi and also had no real interest in multiplayer battling. The internet services went down less than a couple of years after Black 2 came out and now those features are basically gone forever. It's the worst part of Gen 5 for me, and it's sad because White 1 has long been one of my favorite Pokemon games (And replaying Black 2 years later, it has become one of my favorites). And yet I can never fully experience them the way other people have.

It shows how important future-proofing games is.

Years
  • I never got to play it, my wifi connection on my DSi didn't work for a very, very long time- In fact I only got my 3DS to be able to successfully hook up to it about a month or two ago 😐

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
    Years
  • I never got to play it either, and now that the global link is
    D
    E
    D
    I don't think I'll ever get to :(
    I hope someone whips up an emulator or something.
    (Yes, I'd get FINED (and/or arrested) to play it!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    A huge disappointment. I only had wifi from around the time HeartGold and SoulSilver came out, and had really enjoyed using the GTS to actually get close to completing a Pokédex (before at some point only the really terrible trades were left up there). Should've really kept hold of a Glameow given its now the only thing preventing me from completing the Gen IV Pokédex haha
    I hated having to steal time on the family's shared computer just to try to complete my game, especially combined with Nintendo/GF vastly underestimating demand and having to limit everyone to 1 hour per day.
    Perhaps because I went to university during this time, it felt like the time before it was completely shut down was very short, especially compared to GTS which if I recall was functional for Gen IV for the duration of Gen V too.
    I wouldn't say it counts as a swing...but definitely a miss for me :(

Back