• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max geld his hands behind his head as if nothing had just happened. He looked around the area for new pokemon wondering if he would encounter any.

"Tailooooooooow!" something creached.

It was so loud, maybe even to close for it to screech that loud that Max had to cover his ears.

"My ears! They're bleeding!" he exagerated.

The terribly loud creeching stopped and Max slowly removed his hands. He looked around trying to find any signs of where the screaching had come from, when a blue bird that looked much like Brendan's Tailow flew from the tree tops and then past Max. It looked as if it were in terrible pain.

It flew away into the cover of the forest's trees. Then a man wearing a black T-shirt, black pants, a black mask, black gloves, a black hat, and black goggles carrying a large net and a mechanical device rushed past him after the Tailow. Max wondered what was going on as curious as he was and ran after them.

He ran into a clear opening where the Tailow was hovering above ground staring at the mysterious man. Max bent down into the bushs crawling up his legs and watched what was going to happen. The man held up the mehanical devcice Max had earlier caught only a glimpse of and noticed that it looked incredibly like a dog collar. The man pressed a button that opened it up a little and threw it at the Tailow. It hit the Tailow's throat and clasped around it. Then the man took out a black controller with a bunch of colorful buttons and pressed a small barely noticable red one. The collar sent out shocks at the Tailow.

"Tailoooooow!" it screached again.

The bird started plummeting to the ground. Max was shocked at how this man was treating the Tailow and dashed out of the bushs. He ran at the Tailow and dived underneath it and caught it. The Tailow's wings were twitching severly.

"What have you done to this poor Tailow!?" Max sceamed at the man.

The man only smirked and pressed the button again. The Tailow was shocked again and its breathing became slower and slower.

"Stop it! You're killing her!" Max yelled at the man.

"Heh. Stay out of my way punk. Or face the power of the great Maximillion!" the man yelled.

Max's eyes grew larger. His dad always said that him and his mom had for some reason named Max after his dad's scumbag of a brother, maximillion.

"Do you have a brother who is married and has a son?" Max asked.

"Yep. His name is...Ronald." the man said.

Max stared at the man as if he was cazy. He gulped and then said "I'm Ronald Blaze's son, Maximillion Blaze."

The man stared at him and smirked.

"Pleasure to meet the kid that was named after me...nephew." he said.

"Well, it's not a pleasure to meet the man I was named after. I can see why my dad said that you were a total jerk! I mean, poaching pokemon! How low can you get?" Max asked taking out a pokeball.

Uncle Max smirked and took out a pokeball.

"Go, Zigzagoon!" Max said.

"Go, Electrike!" uncle Max said.

A green dog with a weird shaped head and yelow outlining. Max then took out his pokedex and scanned the weird dog.

Electrike, the lightning pokemon. It stores static electricity in its fur for discharging. It gives of sparks if a storm is approaching.

Max stood there and put away the red mechanical machine.

"Ok. Zigzagoon use Headbutt." Max said.

"Use Quick Attack, Electric!" the man said rather smugily.

Zigzagoon dashed at the green dog with her head bent down low. The dog rushed towards Zigzagoon and then jumped into midair trying to hit her. Zigzagoon at the last minute moved out of the way and then turned around swiftly and hit the dogs back. The dog flew into a tree and then skidded to the ground. Max smirked and then called out anothe command.

"Use Tackle!" Max said.

Then she dashed and pushed Electrike up against the tree hurting him severly.

"Use Thunder Wave!" uncle Max said.

The dog then charged up a bunch of static and pulsed it through himself at Zigzagoon. It hit her and caused her to fall to her knees paralyzed.

"Zigzagoon!" Max said.

The dog ran up to Zigzagoon and then stopped in it's tracks. Then the dog disappeared in a red flash of light. Then is uncle put the pokeball away and then left the area.

"Where are you going?" Max asked firmly.

"I don't need to prove myself to some ungrateful little brat. Oh, and I dropped the collar off of the Tailow's neck." the man said.

Max looked behind him towards the hurt Tailow. He ran over to the hurt bird and noticed that the collar had fallen off to the ground. Max picked it up and looked behind him to see his uncle walking off. Max grimaced and ran away towards the sound of rushing water. He came to a crystal blue river and slowly dipped the bird in the river. It started to cool off and it let out a long sigh of relief. Max st it down in a shady spot under a tree. Max sat up against the tree stump and then looked towards the sky.

((OOC: Tell me if I need to edit anything and I will!))

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Nice to see some family background! Too bad he's evil =(
    Zigzagoon grew to level 16!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 2: Petalburg Woods (3)

Shaun turned around to check on her Pokemon, who were trailing a short distance behind her, oddly, as Electrike often liked to lead the group of them. Poochyena blinked a couple of times, sleepily, Shaun guessed, and picked up its pace, trotting closer to its trainer. Meanwhile, Electrike stopped to wrestle playfully with a fern that had poked it, and Shaun fought back a laugh, puppylike, was the word for it. At that moment, something seemed to rise from another group of ferns.

"Whoa!" Shaun cried, as a Pokemon suddenly waddled past her, "what was that? It was like....a walking mushroom!" She exclaimed, Poochyena, which was awake enough to walk on its own by now, gave a high pitched yelp. Electrike, somewhat calmer and more collected than Poochyena, only eyed the area where the mushroom disappeared suspiciously. Immediately, Shaun took out her Pokedex. Would it be able to tell her what the walking mushroom was about?

Shroomish
    The Mushroom Pokemon

"Predicably," Shaun said, noticing the "Mushroom Pokemon" part, she could totally see why.

Shroomish live in damp soil in the dark depths of forests. They are often found keeping still under fallen leaves. This Pokemon feeds on compost that is made up of fallen, rotted leaves.
    If it senses danger, tt spouts poison spores from the top of its head. These spores cause pain all over if inhaled.

"Well...thanks for the information." Shaun said rather dully, so that Pokemon was a Shroomish. That made some sense. Well, she was going to catch it.

"Poochyena, I think its about time you had a turn!" She called, Poochyena gave a joyus bark and rushed forward, startling the Shroomish, which scattered a Poison Powder. Poochyena backed away, alarmed, and ran around the Shroomish, tackling it from behind. The resulting torrent of attacks was too much for Shaun to follow, and finally Poochyena stopped for a moment, and Shroomish toom the chance to use Absorb. Both Shroomish and Poochyena glowed green for a brief period of time before they returned to their normal color, with Shroomish looking a bit stronger.

"Shroom! Shroomish!" The Shroomish called, voicing its challenge to Poochyena, who lowered its head and growled.

"Yena!" Poochyena replied in an equally challenging tone.

"Um...I think they're mad." Shaun observed, voicing what should have been overly obvious. "Well, no one else said it!" She said in response to Electrike's look, which clearly said, oh, come on, Shaun. Electrike apparently couldn't argue with that, for the Pokemon turned back to where Poochyena and Shroomish were standing, facing each other. Poochyena's ears had flattened as the muscles in its body tensed. Who knew there could be so much tension in a battle with a wild Pokemon? The level of tension here was fit for a battle with one of the Elite Four.

"Poochyena!" Poochyena howled as it charged at Shroomish, who was knocked off balance, though it managed to avoid the worst of the damage.

"Shroom!" Shroomish cried as it used Absorb again, Poochyena seemed to lose some strength and energy, as Shroomish seemed to gain some, but continued to stand firm.

"Poochyena, retaliate with tackle, then use growl when the Shroomish tries to attack again!" Shaun called, thinking that she had better tell Poochyena what to do, 'cause at the moment, the Pokemon was just standing there glaring at the Shroomish.

Poochyena gave another howl as it charged towards Shroomish, there wasn't much chance of Shroomish blocking it this time, and it was knocked backwards, Poochyena used Tackle one more time, slamming it into the ground. Shroomish looked severly weakened by now, but now that Poochyena had gotten started, it didn't seem to want to stop.

"Okay, I'll take over from here." Shaun said hurriedly, before Poochyena could do any more damage. "Go, Pokeball!" She cried, tossing a Pokeball towards the Shroomish. It tapped lightly on the Pokemon's head, and opened, encasing the Shroomish in a strange red glow as the Pokemon was pulled inside. The Pokeball then fell to the ground, shaking, vibrating, and trembling. Shaun, meanwhile, crossed her fingers tightly, as Poochyena and Electrike stared as if in a trance at the Pokeball.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max looked over that the Tailow as her feathers started rustling. She slowly began to stir and then she pushed off of the ground. She hovered over to Max and landed in his lap. She cooed quietly and Max put his hand on her head. He felt truely sorry for her. He looked back up into the sky and then grimaced seeing sparks shooting into the sky from which he thought was from his evil uncle, Maxwell. Maxwell and Maximillion were two different names sure, but they are basically the same names.

The Tailow looked up at him and then snuggled closer to his chest. Grovyle was up in the tree behind Max, Zigzagoon was snuggled against Max right side, and Pikachu was snuggled against Max's left side. Max stared into the sky trying to figure out how to get the Tailow home. It never even dawned on him that she wanted to stay with Max. He slowly got up, the Tailow still in his arms. He returned his other pokemon and the Tailow moved onto his shoulder.

He left the area and walked into the forest with her perched on his shoulder. She licked his left ear and Max just had to smile. He almost felt like crying because he had to let her go. He stopped in an open field and then scooped her off of his shoulder and put her on the ground.

"Ok. Well, go on home now. I'll miss you and be sure to watch out for that bad old man ok?" Max asked. He could feel his eyes tearing up and the Tailow obviously could see that too.

"Tai." the bird said shaking her head.

"No! Go home now!" Max yelled. Then he quickly got up and ran away into the woods. He looked back once to see the bird just sitting there with he eyes closed.

---

Max was sitting under another tree with his head in his arms. He heard a twig snapped and then looked up. Then a vine was shot at him and he barely dodged it, but it hit his pokeballs and they rolled down the hill he was on. Then a boy appeared with a Bulbusaur next to him. Max looked at him closely and then realized who it was. It was his arch nemesous(srry if spelled wrong), Rico.

"Rico. What are you doing here?" Max asked firmly.

"Ha! Well if it isn't little Maxie. Still the shortest guy around I see." Rico said.

Max glared at Rico when the Bulbusaur sent another vine at his face. It soked his face and caused him to fall to the ground on his back. He got up and then the Bulbusaur tackled him in the stomach. Max fell to the ground with the air knocked out of him. He looked up and glared at Rico. Then he reached for one of his pokeballs and foregot that they had rolled down the hill.

He looked behind him and saw his pokeballs already at the bottom of the huge hill. The Bulbusaur's plant on its back started having a ball of white light above it.

"How does Bulbusaur know that move already!?" Max asked looking for cover.

Rico smiled as a bright beam known as Solerbeam was shot at Max. It hit Max and Max rolled down the hill and then stopped halfway down. Max sat up hurt and looked up the hill. Then from out of nowhere a blue bird swooped down from a tree and knocked the Bulbusaur to the ground. It was Tailow! Max's jaw flew oen as the bird hit the monster pokemon into a tree. Rico gritted his teeth and then him and his Bulbusaur retreated.

The bird smiled seeing that Max was okay and flew over to him. She landed in his lap and then looked at his belt. She noticed his pokeballs were gone and then remembered seeing them roll down the hill. She took off down the hill and grabbed them in her tiny claws. She dropped them on Max's lap and then landed on the nice, cold grass.

Max smiled and stood up to put his pokeballs on his belt. He tried putting two on at the same time and dropped an empty pokeball. Tailow, seeing her chance at staying with Max for a longer time, flew at the pokeball and pushed the button. She was engulfed in a red beam and then went into the pokeball. It started wriggling back and forth...back and forth...back and forth. Until......

Last edited:

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    "

Chapter 7: There is a First for Everything!

Hunter sat on a bench, Pikachu on his shoulder, taking a snooze. The summer heat beat down on his back, still, his forehead was cold with sweat. He looked around, Trainers playing with their Pokemon, some battling, an Abra disappearing into a Pokeball. It made him think of all the fun in life, that people so carelessly throw away.

Sophie sat next to him, silent, staring at her shoes. Everybody was a little shaken, who could blame them? Hunter had one hand up to his necklace, fingering the indentions of the PokeBall Charm on it. It had caused him alot, apparently, maybe even why his father fled.

He sat up, waking the snoozing Pikachu. He wordlessly passed Sophie, who got up to follow him. He had been on the edge of the city, being that the townspeople weren't particularly too happy about their little guests. Hunter could not dwell on this forever, he had a life to get on, a father to find. He had stopped before he walked into the patch of tall grass, and turned around to the girl standing behind him.

"I've caused you enough trouble, leave me be." He said quietly, not meeting her eyes. That was one thing he wanted to avoid, her eyes, so deadly you could drown in them. Meaning that in the good way. She pushed it back into his face.

"Me!? Can you hear yourself talk? Those things would have eaten you alive! I am coming with you whether you like it or not." She pouted. Hunter couldn't fight that logic. Once a girl made up her mind, she is as stubborn as a Snorlax. Hunter just shrugged and stepped into the Tall Grass. He walked through, avoiding small Pokemon that growled at the unwanted trainers, until he heard his name.

"Hunter!" A boy yelled, running his way. He had never seen him before, so how could he known his name? Hunter decided to ask just that.

"How do you know who I am?"

"Who doesn't know who you are? You were the guy chased by all those Salamances. Hey, if you got some giant Dragon Pokemon chasing you down, you must be some trainer." Hunter shrugged at that, they didnt want him for his abilities or Pokemon. Pikachu stared at the boy, and Sophie had kept quiet.

"Look, I'm kind of not in the mo-", Hunter started

"Nonsense! We can have a battle right here! By the way, my name is Brendan, I already know yours, of course." Hunter sighed, he was afraid of that. He really didnt feel like battling today.

"Go Marshtomp!" He yelled, throwing out a weird, frog-like Pokemon. Hunter swiped his Pokedex,

Marshtomp, The Mud Fish Pokemon
    Its sturdy legs give it sure footing, even in mud. It burrows into dirt to sleep.

"Fish means Water, whats good against water? I bet Poochy is good agianst Water!" Said Hunter, self assured.

"Go Poochy!" Hunter cried, feeling revitalized by the adrenaline of the battle.

"Marshtomp, use Mud Shot!" Yelled Brendan

"Poochy, dodge!" yelled Hunter, "Then follow up with Sand-Attack!"

Marshtomp started to hurl a string of mud at Poochy. Poochy used all four legs to launch herself out of the way, barely. During her mad attempt to dodge, the move caught her back legs, causing her to spin awkwardly and smash into a tree. Poochy got to all fours, slowly, obviously in pain.

"Poochy, come back!" Hunter said bringing the Pokemon back into the ball safely, but as it reentered, it shook wildly. Hunter had never had this happen before, and in seconds Poochy had escaped the ball and was running rapidly to Marshtomp. Everyone caught off guard, Poochy had made her last stand by giving Marshtomp a nasty tackle, sending both of them spiraling into the ground. Poochy did not recover, but Marshtomp slowly did.

Hunter quickly recalled Poochyena, holding the ball firmly this time. He decided to put Makuhita in here to take it down.

"Go Makuhita!" Hunter said, releasing the little fighter.

"Makuhita, quickly, use Fake-Out!"

Makuhita quickly ran up to the Marshtomp like he was going the ram him.

"Marshtomp, brace for impact! Then counter with Water Gun!" Marshtomp got ready to take the blow, and curled up when Makuhita made the hit...or did he? Marshtomp looked up confused when he didnt feel the tackle, and was met to a quick jab to the face. It stepped back dazed, not able to follow his trainer's commands.

"Makuhita, while we still have the upper hand, Arm Thrust!"

"Marshtomp, Dodge, then Water Gun!"

Marshtomp was able to barley sidestep the first palm, but was caught off gaurd by the second, and the third. Marshtomp could take no more, and fell over, grasping his ribs in pain.

"Alright Marshtomp, come back! Lets go, Taillow!"

He released a red and white ball, out came a small form of the bird Sophie had. So this what it was.

"Alright Taillow, we have the advantage, Wing Attack!"

Before Hunter could issue a Counter-Command, Taillow quickly bolted down and slashed Makuhita with her powerful wings, making an automatic knock-out. Makuhita fell over, gashes left where the Wings had cut through.

Hunter felt sick, Makuhita was the backbone of this team, and Slakoth was the only one left. And how reliable was he?

"Go Slakoth!" Hunter yelled reluctantly, just to see him staring at an asleep Pokemon.

"Wonerful," muttered Hunter, "my first loss."

"Taillow, use Peck!" snickered Brandon, looking at the oblivious Pokemon. Taillow slowly walked up to Slakoth, and cracked open Slakoth's head with a hardy peck. It woke up Slakoth who gave a nasty scratch in return, without command.

Taillow stammered back a couple of steps, and with new orders from Brendan, connected Slakoth with a Wing Attack. Slakoth was finished, and Hunter stood in sorrow and in awe, at such a Powerful Pokemon, and recalled his Pokemon back in shame.

Brendan walked up to him, "You aren't that bad, but you aren't that good either. Put some more faith in your Slakoth," he said, "That should help you go far." With that, he left Hunter, Sophie, and Pikachu, who wondered what would happen now that Hunter had made his first loss.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    (Chapter 4: Route 102)
    (The Rich Kids)
    Bailey woke with a soft nudge to her side. She-still half asleep-sat up in her makeshift bed. She strectched her arms and let out a quiet yawn. Then she shook Cair, who quickly woke up, ready to go on an adventure. She packed up all of her stuff, starting with her sleeping bag. Then as she was walking out the door, the nurse stopped her and handed her a pokeball. "Um.. who's pokeball is this?" she asked her.

With a tilt of her head and a wink of her eye she responded,"Zigzagoon's you caught it last night I didn't want people to steal it, so I decided to keep watch" she exlained. Then waved good-bye to Bailey as she continued out the door.

"Aah, well Cair, it is time to personally meet and thank your new friend" she said to her Bagon. "Ok, Come on out!" she shouted, as she pressed the white center button. The pokemon came out, and immediately walked up to the Bagon and they shared tongues. "Well, I guess they are both pokemon.." said Bailey, a little annoyed. Hmm... what to call a hero like this one.. hm.. Knight's are heroes.. so I'll call you Nite, yep it is settled.. "Nite, how do you like your new name Nite?" she asked her Zigzagoon.

"Zig Ziggy!"I love it!cheered Nite. Then both Nite and Cair, walked off towards the next town. The next town was Petalburg City.

"Time for Petalburg City!"Of course I have to go through a nother creepy route thingy.. she pushed the thought to the back of her head and proceeded onwards. As she neared the grassy area she read a sign that said,'Route 102'. Bailey didn't hesitate this time and walked on through. After about five minutes of walking, she came upon two kids, one boy, and one girl. They were no bigger than ten, they had just started, just like Bailey. The boy slowly approached Bailey, then the girl.

"You.." said the boy. "Battle me now" demanded the boy, reaching for his pokeball. He pressed the middle button, and out came a seedot. "Ok, Seedot come out" he said. Then his sister, sent out a lotad. "Ok, you pick your two pokemon, and hurry up now" he said, really impatient.

"Fine, but don't take me lightly" she warned him, bending down to talk to her pokemon. "Ok, go Nite, and you too Cair... Nite use tackle on Seedot, Cair, you do that too.. Seedot looks stronger, take it out first...oh, use the tackle twice.." she said. I really hope I win.. If I don't I won't hear the end of it from this brat..

Both, Cair and Nite ran towards Seedot, to tackle him. He gave them quite a run, but then he was trapped. Both pokemon were going to use tackle.

"Lo-" began the girl, but her brother stopped her. "Let them, trust me.." then right before, the tackle landed on his pokemon, it flashed white. The two atackers did another tackle before Bailey told them to stop. "Ha, shows that brute force isn't always the asnwer.." he taunted. Then his Seedot let out a beam of light.

"Cair, Nite move!" shouted Bailey. It took a few seconds but her pokemon finally moved, only Cair wasn't fast enough, and the attack hit him on the head.

"Bagon" not bad..Cair chanted. "Baaygone"but it wont happen again Cair, automatically used a tackle on the Seedot, sending it skittering into it's trainer, who fell over. "Bag.."Haa Cair was hit in the side by Lotad.

"Ok, Cair, use tackle on Lotad, and Nite, use tackle on Seedot" commanded Bailey, who to her liking saw her pokemon react quickly.

"Seedot, use harden right before the hit" commanded the boy. Some would call that as a good call, but in all reality it was a bad one.

Seedot and Lotad, both smashed into eachother from the tackles. The harden attack only increased the impact. Lotad, was on the harder side, and also went into a tree causing a K.O. The little girl ran up and grabbed her pokemon, then began to sob. Her brother told her to be quiet, or atleast that is what Bailey thought. She thought that because the boy whispered something and she stopped.

"Cair, Nite, both of you use tackle.." Bailey said. She watched from afar as her pokemon took out the order. "Now, he is going to use bide, he is slowly falling into my trap.." she said that loud enough for the boy to hear, but quiet enough to make it soud like she was talking to her pokemon. Heh, now he is going to use harden, causing no damage to my pokemon.. When she came back into focus she realized that the pokemon were on the second tackle. Then sure enough the Seedot began to use harden. "Hah, falling into my trap" she said again loud enough for him to hear. Now I hope he decides to switch to bide, allowing the tac- she stopped thinking at the sound of the boy.

"Seedot, stop use bide instead" the rich boy quickly changed his mind. Then came the-what sounded like a bone shattering tackle- happened. The two of Bailey's pokemon, smacked into the Seedot with immense force, causing it to fly back and hit a tree. It created the rather large bone shattering sound. That was a K.O. and the little boy ran to take his pokemon off to the center. "My daddy payed someone a lot of money to capture these pokemon," he sobbed,"but the only thing he bought were failures.." said the boy. Instead of picking up the pokemon, he picked up a rock and threw it at Bailey, and then ran off. While he was running off he screamed,"Don't follow me Seedot!" obviously giving up the pokemon.

"Well, I guess now, I could make a new addition to the team," Bailey said as that would be splendid "but I guess I should try to talk to the boy first..." Bailey decided, and then ran off towards where the boy was going.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Slytherfang: Your description is exactly what I want in a post. Course you caught that Shroomish!
    You caught a level 4 Female Shroomish!

To Pikalover10: Hooray that Taillow came to save the day! :)
    You caught a level 11 Female Taillow!

To CTFx: Once again, for a battle like this, you only really use the number of pokemon your opponent has. It is basically anime style. Don't worry about it, I'll just cut down your level gain for Slakoth.
    Poochy grew to level 17!
    Makuhita grew to level 20!
    Slakoth grew to level 14!
    Poochy learned Bite!
    Poochy is trying to learn Oder Sleuth, but she already knows four moves. Delete a move for Oder Sleuth?
    Makuhita is trying to learn Whirlwind, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Whirlwind?
    Makuhita is trying to learn Knock-Off, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Knock-Off?
    Slakoth learned Slack Off!

To Lostt: Wow, what a sore loser. Hope everything goes well with Seedot!
    Cair grew to level 11!
    Nite grew to level 7!
    Cair learned Leer!

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Bailey took in a deep breath, then looked behind her, her pokemon were far behind. "Ok, return Cair,Nite" she said, then took in another deep breath. Darn, I forgot to scan those pokemon, guess I'll do it later.. She ran off again, she finally caught up to the boy. "Hey, wait up, please" she pleaded, the Seedot was getting awfully heavy. "I need to talk to you" Bailey said in a sweet tone.

"What.." said the boy, he was now crying. He didn't turn around and balled up his fists. "Seedot lost, he is a failure.." the boy told Bailey.

"No, he isn't.." Bailey told him back. She stepped a bit closer and looked down at him.

"Then why did I win?" he asked her.

"Listen, everyone will lose a battle, sometimes, it is not their fault, it just happens. It could be because of you having a bad day.. I only one because I had lots of faith in my pokemon-I'm sure you do too- and I came up with a strategy.." she explained to him. "You did too at the beginning, that was a great plan to get that attack down" she said smiling. "Just remember that you are going to go through a lot of battles, some of them will be easy, others will be hard.." she told him. She knealt down to his height,"Here, Seedot is yours.." she said, handing the half concious pokemon to the boy, who just took it. "What is your name" she asked him.

"T-thanks.. my name? Why?" he asked Bailey.

"I want to know the name of my first real battle against a trainer.." she told him.

"That was your first battle?" he asked Bailey his eyes wide.

"Yeah, my name is Bailey by the way..." Bailey answered, getting out a potion. "He is going to need this" Bailey said, applying it onto the pokemon, who seemed to gain more health.

"Oh, I am Thomas, I hope to battle you soon" he said, now ever cheeful. He stood up, scratched his head and sheepishly backed off, with the Seedot in his arms.

She waved good-bye to the boy as he walked off. "Well, I guess I got myself a strong rival..." Bailey declared as she continued her journey to Petalburg City. The pep talk to the boy, also made Bailey grow more confident inside. Maybe.. just maybe she only did it to help herself. It didn't really matter, two people prospered from it, so that was all that was good. Bailey had a light smile on her face for the whole walk to Petalburg City. As soon as she approached the entrance, it faded. She was exhausted, and glad to see the city.

(OOC: I was wondering, If I could get an egg, you could decide the pokemon)

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Lostt: I do not mind if you find an egg later on in the rp. You may continue onto Petalburg City.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Bailey passed on through the entrance of Petalburg and looked around. She slowly began to walk around, and admire the cities natural beauty. Then a man with a blue bandanna rushed by her, then another. p Team Aqua? What are they doing here? I would chase them, but I am so tired.. I guess I'll rest first.. they are too far away anyways.. she came to that conclusion and continued on through the city. It was again pretty late, she probably had enough time to buy some supplies, check out some sites and then report to the Poke'center.

The building loomed overhead and Bailey entered it. The air felt cooler than the hot air outside. She roamed around the store looking for supplies that she would need. Her old backpack was a bit ugly, so she decided to buy a new one. She found something that she liked, it was a smaller, travel kit thing, that went around her torso, and had many pouched. She read the label,'Travel Sash-for all your traveling needs! It comes with 3 potions,2 antidotes, 2 paralyz heals, and should be partnered with our travel canteen' "That is cool, but the canteen thing, just some company trying to make some money.." she thought. Bailey grabbed the travel Sash,the last one too, and walked over to the counter. The clerk rang it up,"That will be, 136.94 please."

That was bad, Bailey couldn't afford that, she had little money left. Then she heard the bell ting, someone was entering. She noticed Thomas and who appeared to be his dad. He pointed at Bailey and they walked over to her. "Hi" Bailey said to Thomas. Then she turned her attention back to the clerk.

"Um, young lady, my boy told me how you boosted up his confidence, I decided to repay you somehow, I can tell that you wan't that bag.." he said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out $150 like it was nothing. "Here, and keep the change.." he said.

"I-I couldn't" said Bailey.

"I insist" said the man shoving the bill in Bailey's face, and then walking off.

"Ok.." she said, grabbing the money before it hit the ground. She turned back around to the clerk,"Sorry about that, here is the money.." she said, handing the clerk the cash. He typed in a few buttons and handed back Bailey, $13.06. "Have a nice day, I hope to see you again.." said the clerk as Bailey walked out the door.

"You too.." said Bailey as the door closed. "Hm, what to see first.." she wondered, she had no Idea that there was a gym here. She began wandering around, until she saw the Gym. She began to walk up to it, when a sign that read,'Closed' stopped her. "Darn, guess I have to come back later.." she said, walking over to a nearby pond. Bailey looked at her face, she was dirty, and in need of a good face scrubbing. The water rippeled, and a magikarp popped up out of the water getting Bailey wet. Then a girl ran up to her and apologized.

"Sorry, I was trying to get him to use his splash move in a creative way.." she explained, apologizing for the second time.

"It is ok, I needed to wash my face anyway" Bailey said, drying off her face with the towel she was handed. "Well, I must be going now.. it is getting pretty late.. umm.. I guess I'll see you around sometime.." Bailey said before she walked off towards the Poke'Center. She entered,"Hi Nurse Joy" she said to her.

"Hello, you are just in time to get dinner, it just got done" Nurse Joy said, sounding and acting like the one at Oldale. She pointed Bailey down the hall.

Bailey could smell the food, it smelt quite good actually. When she entered the kitchen area, she was handed a plate with Spaghetti on it. She sat down, next to one of the few people there.

"Don't get many of you around here" said the old man whom she had sat next to.

"Excuse me?"

"Late Bloomers, a term I use, for people who start their journey later than most, I saw a lot of trainers come through her recently," he stopped and took in a breath,"and now you, all alone, you are a Late Bloomer" he explained.

"Oh," responded Bailey, who stopped and took a bite,"Well, I was in the process of moving, so that is why.." she explained to him.

"Oh," he replied,"I am Mr.Stone, who are you?" he asked her, taking a bite of his food while waiting for her response.

"I am Bailey," she stopped and took a sip of water,"Glad to meet you" she said extending out her hand. He took it and they shook. "Well, Mr. Stone, nice meeting you, I hope to see you soon, for now I have to get to bed.." she said. Then she got her plate, stood up and headed for the door. She threw the plate in the trash-can and pushed open the door, making her way down the hall. She was the third to set-up bed, the first Thomas, the second his sister. She set up close, but not too close to them. In moments she was in her sleeping bag.

"Hi Bailey, oh and goodnight" said Thomas,"Good night Laura" he said to his sister.

"Good night Thomas, Good Night Bailey" said Laura.

"Good night Laura, good night Thomas, good night Mr.Stone.." she said notcing that he had entered the room and began setting up his stuff.

"Good nigt Bailey, Good night Thomas, Good night Laura, Good night precious sapphire.. good night my adored moon stone, good night my valued emerald." he continued on for a couple of more stones, but Bailey blocked it out. She decided to say night to her pokemon and let them out. "Good night Cair, Good night Nite.." she said.

"Bagon, Bagon" Good night Bailey, good night everyone else chanted Cair.

"Zig Zag Ziggy" Good night Bailey, sleep well, good night everuone else Nite yawned sleepily.

Thomas and Laura decided to say night to their pokemon as well and sent them out. "Good night, Seedot" said Thomas. Laura looked at her pokemon,"Good night Lotad.."

Finally, no more good nights.. thought Bailey. Can I say they were annoying.. then she noticed Nurse Joy walk into the room. Oh no.. Laura, Thomas and Mr. Stone said good night to Nurse Joy, Bailey couldn't not say it, it would be rude. "Good night Nurse Joy.." she said, really tired of the good nights.

Joy spoke up,"Good night Thomas, Laura" she stopped looked at Bailey,"Good night Bailey," she shifted her vision over to Mr.Stone,"Good night Mr.Stone.." she said, and then turned down the hall.

"Finally.." whispered Bailey. Then she heard Nurse Joy's voice again.

It came from the hall, so was a little bit hushed, but it came out as,"Good night Blissey" then silence, and then Blissey spoke up, chanting it's name.

"Now, I am glad it is over.." said Bailey. Then she heard a phone ring.

Mr.Stone picked it up,"Hello, Mr.Stone speaking, who is this.?" he asked. "Oh, it is you Steven?" he said. "Oh, ok, can you give her the phone?" he asked. "Good night Barbra," he said to one of his employees,"Can you give this to Janice?" he asked a few seconds passed and then he spoke up again. "Good night Janice, can you give the phone back to Steven?" A few more seconds passed. "Ok, I am glad you told me of their achivement Steven, bye, yeah, good night to you too.." he finally hung up the fone, then the room fell into silence.

"Finally" shouted Bailey, louder than she should've. Her face grew a bright a red, and then she rolled over, quickly falling asleep.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Lostt: Wow, now I'm really glad I couldn't read all these "Good nights" last night. It probably would've put me to sleep lol. Time to start the Petalburg Woods! Getting a little closer now!

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Chapter 8: Route 116

Walking along the path that led to Route 116 from Rustboro City after he had received the Stone Badge from Roxanne, Zach had opened up his badge case to look at the badge since he was pleased with how the gym battle went. Because Route 116 was an area that contained Poochyena and Taillow to name just a few found on this route, Zach was sure to find or catch at least one Pokemon here. Deciding it was a good time for a short rest, Zach found a place to sit while he took his backpack off to get his flask and Mudkip's pokeball out. Taking several mouthfuls from the flask Zach called Mudkip from its ball as he said. "Here we can sit and rest for a few moments."
    "Mudkip! Mud!" Mudkip called out happily in agreement to what his trainer said, placing some Pokemon food in a dish onto the ground in reach of Mudkip, who began eating the food that was placed in the dish by his master. As they both were eating some sort of bird Pokemon who had come into view from around the nearby trees as it flew up toward them and then perched itself on one of the branches of a tree nearest to where Zach and Mudkip had been resting. Curious to know what this Pokemon was Zach reached for his Pokedex and pointed it at the bird Pokemon up in the tree.

Taillow: The TinySwallow Pokemon
    Taillow is young - it has just left its nest. As a result it sometimes becomes lonesome and cries at night. This Pokemon feeds on Wurmple that live in forests.

Zach and Mudkip both then searched the area for other types of pokemon found here, when he noticed paw prints in the dirt. "Whose tracks are these?" Zach asked the Pokedex. "They belong to a Poochyena." the Pokedex said, with Zach looking at the tracks thinking "From the spacing between each paw it seems that this Poochyena was running from something, or to something. But what could have made Poochyena run away?"

With Mudkip suddenly running off in the direction of the paw prints, Zach had no other choice but to follow since Pokemon were known to be in tune with their surroundings, as Mudkip had felt that something might be wrong with the Poochyena. Sure enough there it was lying on the grass which didn't seem to be moving at all. Worried about it's health Zach went over and picked up the Poochyena, who at this moment felt lost since there was no place nearby he could go to to get this Pokemon back to health, except for the Pokemon centre in Rustboro City but Zach thought even that was too far of a trek at this point in time.

Zach turned back around to face the road that went straight into Rustboro City once again, as Mudkip walked in front of him. Even though the path back wasn't a long one, it seemed to be forever before Zach got to the centre of town and was finally able to see the Pokemon centre, running through the double doors in a sense of urgency.

"Nurse Joy!" he called out running up to the counter. "We found this Poochyena near Rusturf Tunnel, I think it got hurt by something." Zach said.

"Alright, I will take a look at it." Nurse Joy kindly replied as she placed him onto a small trolley-like bed and carted the Poochyena to a room around from the counter at the back of the Pokemon centre while Zach sat down at one of the chairs in the corner of the room close to the entrance as the Pokemon he brought in was being checked over.

An hour or so had passed when Nurse Joy emerged from where she had taken the patient. "Poochyena responded well to treatment, but he will need a nice long rest. Talking of which I suggest that you might think of doing the same." she said, handing Zach a room key.

"Thank you for everything." Zach replied gratefully, with a smile making his way to the door to one of the rooms where he could spend the night. "We'll get a good night's rest tonight, and come morning check on how that Poochyena is doing." he said to Mudkip.

"Mudkip Kip!" (Sounds good to me and Goodnight) the Mud Fish Pokemon replied. Zach simply repeated what Mudkip had said with a pleased grin on his face.

"Goodnight Mudkip!"

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Fiver: Good to see you here! It is funny how you're the fourth person to rush a hurt pokemon to the pokemon center. Anyways, good post. You may do your next one. (I'll try to get your bio up in the morning. Sorry for the wait!)

Fiver

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Chapter 8: Route 116 (Part Two)

It had been over an hour now since Zach had first arrived to the Pokemon Centre to bring in the pokemon. After Nurse Joy carted it off, Zach took a moment to look around; noticing one of the poster notices on the wall behind the table and chairs that a group Pokemon trainers were sitting at, each chair having been occupied. A Croconaw, a Slowking, a Murkrow and a Zigzagoon was just one of the pokemon these trainers had caught on their journey as each and every one of them also had been recent visitors to Hoenn, but got far as a Pokemon trainer on the distant shores of Johto, their home region.

The poster read: (in large blue writing above and below an image of Professor Birch, with all three starters about his person). Want to become the best? Then try your hand at becoming a Pokemon trainer! (There was also the eight Hoenn gym badges on the middle left side, and smaller black text that said): Earn all eight badges - travel the Hoenn region and become one of the top trainers in the Pokemon League! - Prof. Birch

For instance the Croconaw and his trainer Timothy had an ever growing friendship between them, especially from all the travelling they did since starting off from the Johto region, and not to mention the gym battles they both had experienced, as well as the random trainer battles Timothy and his five Pokemon had faced between here and there as the entire group were about to leave for the room they had for the night when Zach and Mudkip had followed suit, entering his room that Zach was were to spend the night as Nurse Joy had said that Poochyena should be fine by morning. Soon both Zach and Mudkip were fast asleep, as the night slowly passed hour by hour mixed with the sounds that could be heard from each one of the trainer owned Pokemon that was fast asleep in the rooms to the left and right of Zach's, since many of the smaller Pokemon were not recalled back into their pokeballs to get some rest.

Except for the two Chansey who had the task of running the Pokemon centre in the night after the human nurse had finished for the day, but remained on site if anything more should happen from the minor cases in the centre. "Chansey!" the first Egg pokemon said in a quite tone of voice, took care of all pokemon that were moved to the room directly opposite from the counter, which only the pokemon nurses and Joy were allowed to enter.

Before long morning came and went, but Zach had already woke up a short while ago when Nurse Joy's voice came over the tannoy. "Will Zach come to the emergency room please?" "Ah, she must want to see me about the pokemon I brought in." Zach thought to himself locking the door to his room to keep his belongings and Mudkip safe while he was in the other room that Poochyena had been during the night, making his way to the room stated in the tannoy call. Upon his entrance to the room, he noticed that the pokemon was up and about, but still laying down on a bed in the corner.

As he looked at Poochyena, a difficult question and thought in the back of Zach's mind popped up, nagging him. "Should I return him to where I found him or let him be a part of the team?"
    "Well whatever you decide." Nurse Joy said, "You can keep Poochyena inside this pokeball until you make a decision." as she handed Zach the pokeball he returned to the room to collect everything that was left inside and also to return Mudkip to its pokeball before he left the pokemon centre. Walking back to the spot Zach started off from on Route 116, he saw the gym once again and the signpost that read 'Rustboro City - The City Probing the Integration of Nature and Science'.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Fiver: Your post is way too short. Put some more of the story in the post to lengthen it more. :)

Fiver

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Chapter 8: Route 116 (Part Two)

It had been over an hour now since Zach had first arrived to the Pokemon Centre to bring in the pokemon. After Nurse Joy carted it off, Zach took a moment to look around; noticing one of the poster notices on the wall behind the table and chairs that a group Pokemon trainers were sitting at, each chair having been occupied. A Croconaw, a Slowking, a Murkrow and a Zigzagoon was just one of the pokemon these trainers had caught on their journey as each and every one of them also had been recent visitors to Hoenn, but got far as a Pokemon trainer on the distant shores of Johto, their home region.

The poster read: (in large blue writing above and below an image of Professor Birch, with all three starters about his person). Want to become the best? Then try your hand at becoming a Pokemon trainer! (There was also the eight Hoenn gym badges on the middle left side, and smaller black text that said): Earn all eight badges - travel the Hoenn region and become one of the top trainers in the Pokemon League! - Prof. Birch

For instance the Croconaw and his trainer Timothy had an ever growing friendship between them, especially from all the travelling they did since starting off from the Johto region, and not to mention the gym battles they both had experienced, as well as the random trainer battles Timothy and his five Pokemon had faced between here and there as the entire group were about to leave for the room they had for the night when Zach and Mudkip had followed suit, entering his room that Zach was were to spend the night as Nurse Joy had said that Poochyena should be fine by morning. Soon both Zach and Mudkip were fast asleep, as the night slowly passed hour by hour mixed with the sounds that could be heard from each one of the trainer owned Pokemon that was fast asleep in the rooms to the left and right of Zach's, since many of the smaller Pokemon were not recalled back into their pokeballs to get some rest.

Except for the two Chansey who had the task of running the Pokemon centre in the night after the human nurse had finished for the day, but remained on site if anything more should happen from the minor cases in the centre. "Chansey!" the first Egg pokemon said in a quite tone of voice, took care of all pokemon that were moved to the room directly opposite from the counter, which only the pokemon nurses and Joy were allowed to enter.

Before long morning came and went, but Zach had already woke up a short while ago when Nurse Joy's voice came over the tannoy. "Will Zach come to the emergency room please?" "Ah, she must want to see me about the pokemon I brought in." Zach thought to himself locking the door to his room to keep his belongings and Mudkip safe while he was in the other room that Poochyena had been during the night, making his way to the room stated in the tannoy call. Upon his entrance to the room, he noticed that the pokemon was up and about, but still laying down on a bed in the corner.

As he looked at Poochyena, a difficult question and thought in the back of Zach's mind popped up, nagging him. "Should I return him to where I found him or let him be a part of the team?"
    "Well whatever you decide." Nurse Joy said, "You can keep Poochyena inside this pokeball until you make a decision." as she handed Zach the pokeball he returned to the room to collect everything that was left inside and also to return Mudkip to its pokeball before he left the pokemon centre. Walking back to the spot Zach started off from on Route 116, he saw the gym once again and the signpost that read 'Rustboro City - The City Probing the Integration of Nature and Science'.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Fiver: That's a little better. :) Can't wait to see Zach's decision. You may do your final post for the chapter.

Fiver

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Chapter 8: Route 116 (Part Three)
    A Poochyena Pal?

Coming to the place on Route 116 where the hurt Poochyena was found, Zach for a moment looked at the pokeball before he reluctantly said "OK Poochyena you're free now!" when almost immediately the pokeball reacted to the command and released the Pokemon that was inside the ball. "I think we'll both be better for it, since I'm not about keeping a Pokemon that I didn't battle for an eventual attempt at catching it." Zach said to himself, who by this time began a slow walk to get out of Poochyena's sight. "Around this corner here is fine I think." he thought. But Poochyena had other ideas, because it had already interacted with humans he or she couldn't possibly go back to the way things and its life were before as a wild Pokemon.

Running back along the grass to where Zach was just hanging around, Poochyena took a few more steps and jumped up landing straight into the arms of this new-found trainer, and without hesitation gave Zach a friendly lick to his face. "I guess that means you would like to come with us?" he said to his second Pokemon and the first Zach had found in the wild.

Just as soon as Poochyena had become the first Pokemon 'caught' in such a unique way, a camper and a picnicker came running up to them, who journeyed from the Petalburg area "Let me get a picture of this, both you and your Poochyena please." the Picnicker said, who was excited to get something of this. "What is this all for?" Zach asked. "Don't you know - for this month only we are reporting anything that may seem even remotely interesting to both the people of Petalburg City and it's visitors, but right now we were about to go to Petalburg Woods when we ran into you. "A wild Pokemon choosing to be with a human trainer, that's almost unheard of!" as the Picnicker began drawing the outline of Zach and the Poochyena onto her sketch book.

"And when I saw what happened, I thought this would be one of those things." the Picnicker said, continuing on. "While we are here why don't we have a battle, two on two with our Zigzagoon and Wurmple against your pokemon." The Camper said eagerly. "Cool, I was wondering when I would get to battle someone." Zach replied.

"Mudkip, Poochyena go!" Zach shouted to the two pokeballs. "Wurmple, Zigzagoon you do the same!" the Camper and Picnicker said together for their Pokemon.

Zigzagoon, the Tinyracoon Pokemon. It walks in zigzag fashion. It is good at finding items in the grass and even in the ground.

Wurmple, the Worm Pokemon. It spits a white silk that turns sticky when it contacts air. It is used to immobilize foes.

"Mudkip use Water Gun on Wurmple!" Zach shouted as Mudkip obeyed, launching the powerful attack at its foe. "Wurmple, dodge it and direct a string shot at Mudkip." the Picnicker yelled as Mudkip's water gun had no problem with reaching its foe Wurmple while the Camper's Zigzagoon was already in the middle of launching a tackle attack at the Poochyena, but thanks to its persistant nature also got in a tackle at the Zigzagoon, knocking it down at the side into the dirt, which had the effect of bringing that dirt up into the air, when at the same time Mudkip's water gun scored a direct hit on the Wurmple as it worked its way up into a tree, directing another string shot down at Zach's Mudkip. "Looks like your Mudkip's in a sticky situation!" the Camper said with a smirk. "No Mudkip No!" Zach cried out running over to where his friend was immobilised in the strands of the string shot.

By now the dirt had settled, the Picnicker, the camper and Zach were surprised by what they saw, for Zigzagoon and Poochyena both were really going at it, using tackle repeatedly, over and over again. "This is not the way pokemon should be battling one another!" the Camper shouted and quickly picked up his Zigzagoon and lifted it high above his head to prevent the battle continuing further, as the Picnicker recalled her Wurmple they both left the area that the took place, tearing the picture she made from her sketch book and placing it into Zach's hand.

"I don't think nobody would want to hear about a Pokemon that has some wild tendencies left within him." as Zach sighed with a slight feeling of defeat upon hearing the remark that the Camper had made, as he watched them walk away out of sight, slowly shrinking in the distance knowing that his words would ring true about Poochyena, Zach had Mudkip return to his pokeball.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Fiver: Sorry, but you can't battle and receive a pokemon in the same post. Since you're new, I'll let it go, but don't do it again.
    You caught a level 9 Male Poochyena!
    Poochyena grew to level 11!
    Mudkip grew to level 17!
    Mudkip is trying to learn Bide, but it already knows four moves. Delete a move for Bide?
    What? Mudkip is evolving! Will you allow this process to continue?

The rp must continue on, so the next chapter is being put up now. Just another note that Skitty and Chorpish/Ralts is open for any player to sign-up for!

Chapter 9: Rusturf Tunnel
    (2 Posts)
    Description: A short and light tunnel that was apparently built slowly by a man's hands to keep from disturbing wild pokemon that lived in the cave. Trainers on their way to Rustboro City usually pass through this cave, so there is opportunity to battle if you happen to cross one of these trainers. More pokemon have come to inhabit this cave over the years besides the once single pokemon in the cave, Whismur.

Wild Pokemon
    Whismur

Level- 9-13
    Type- Normal
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Pound, Uproar, Astonish
    Ability- Soundproof
    Rarity- Common

Diglett

Level- 7-11
    Type- Ground
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Scratch, Sand-Attack, Growl, Astonish,
    Ability- Sand-Veil, Arena Trap
    Rarity- Rare

Gligar

Level- 7-11
    Type- Flying/Ground
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Harden
    Ability- Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil
    Rarity- Rare

!! Team Aqua Appearance !!
    Team Aqua has apparently attacked the cave in attempt to steal pokemon for hostage from trainers and block off an important route to Rustboro City to cause trouble towards it. If you come across one of these crooks, be ready to battle!

Pokemon
    Zubat

Level- 13-15
    Type- Flying/Poison
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic, Bite
    Ability- Inner Focus

Poochyena

Level- 14-16
    Type- Dark
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite
    Ability- Intimidate

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Chapter 8: The First Battle!
    Part 1
    Nick awoke in the Pokémon Center bedroom with a start as his Torchic, Mitha, bounced up and down on him.

"Torchic! Tor Tor Torchic!" It squawked on top of his chest. His Pikachu, Pookah, was not far behind.

"Pi pi pi! Pikachu Pi!" It said, also jumping up on down on Nick's chest.

"Okay, okay, guys! I'm getting up!" Nick said in his I'm-not-awake-yet voice. Nick got up, dressed, and went into the Pokémon Center cafeteria and grabbed him and his Pokémon some food. After that they walked out of the Pokémon Center and up the narrow, busy street of Rustboro City. They continued for a few minutes until they came upon a sign that said:

"Now entering: Route 116. Beware of wild Pokémon!" Nick started walking and came upon a boy training his Marshtomp.

"Marshtomp, use Mud Shot on that log over there!" The boy said, pointing toward a rotting and dead log about thirty feet away.

"Marsh……TOMP!" It said as it shot a long stream of mud from the ground. The log was thrown back into a tree and shattered there.

"A trainer!"
    Nick thought. "This'll be a good time to see how strong my Pookah and Mitha are!" Nick thought again. He yelled over to the trainer:

"Hey there, I'm Nick. Want to have a quick battle?" The trainer replied,

"Hey Nick, I'm Brendan. I accept your challenge!" Brendan said with a grin and a thumbs up. "2 on 2 sound fair to you?" Brendan asked.

"It sure does. Let's do it!" Nick said, taking out Mitha's Pokéball.

"Go, Taillow!" Brendan shouted as he threw his Pokéball in the air. Nick took out his Pokédex and scanned it over the Taillow.

"
    Taillow, the Tiny Bird Pokémon," it said. "Taillow appear to be fragile and weak, but quickly rise to defend their nest and territory. They scream a high pitched scream that is unpleasant to all when in pain or when they are hungry."

"That doesn't look too hard to beat."
    Nick said to himself. He threw up Mitha's Pokéball and the adorable Chick Pokémon came out and landed on the ground.

"We'll start out this battle, Mitha! Use Focus Energy!" Mitha's otherwise friendly and care-free expression hardened into a concentration that would strike fear down the spine of most Pokémon that saw it. Mitha then stopped with a sigh, but it was too late. Brendan had already ordered his Taillow to use a Wing Attack. It disappeared from view and was hiding in the nearby brush and trees.

"Concentrate, Mitha! Listen for Taillow!" Mitha closed her eyes and perked her ears up.

"Now, Taillow!" Brendan shouted to the right of him. Taillow flew out of a tree at what appeared to be the speed of light and made direct contact with Mitha. She was picked up and tossed, head first, into a tree, and slid down the trunk with her eyes closed, having obviously fainted. Nick recalled her with a sigh, and brought out Pookah's Pokéball. Brendan recalled his Taillow and said to his Marshtomp,

"Alright buddy, you ready? This guy's tough. Let's take on the challenge and win!" Marshtomp let out a friendly, yet still scary battle roar, and stepped out on to the battle field.

"That Marshtomp looks tough. I've never faced one before. What is it, anyway?"
    Nick said with a puzzled look on his face and took out his Pokédex. He scanned it over the Marshtomp, and what appeared on the screen was,

"
    Marshtomp, the Mud Fish Pokémon. This is the evolved form of Mudkip, but is different in many ways. Unlike Mudkip, who is a pure water-type Pokémon, Marshtomp is of both the water and ground type. It has sturdy legs, which give it steady footing, even in the mud. It uses the ground around it to attack, and will occasionally burrow underground to sleep."

"This doesn't look good,"
    Nick thought. "Marshtomp is part ground, and Pookah is electric. Oh well, I know he can win!" Nick thought with determination and threw Pookah's Pokéball in the air. The electric mouse landed on the ground and shot electricity out of it's cheeks to intimidate Marshtomp. It didn't work, because Marshtomp merely laughed.

"Man, I know that a Pokémon can beat another Pokémon regardless of type, but I would have chosen a different one. Let's make it easy on Pikachu and end the battle on a good note. Mud Shot!" Brendan said, happy to win, but feeling sorry for the less experienced Nick. The Mud Shot hit head on, and Pookah didn't have a chance. He kept getting up, only to be knocked down again and again. Finally he stopped out of exhaustion.

"Good job, Pookah. You tried. Take a good rest." Nick said.

"You too, Marshtomp. Great job!" Brendan said and recalled Marshtomp. Nick was disappointed, but knew that the loss had to happen in order for him to improve. Brendan walked over and extended a hand. Nick took it reluctantly, not liking to socialize with strangers. He could feel himself retreat into his 'shell,' but he wanted to make at least one friend.

"Hey great job. You just need some more training, is all." Brendan said, with a smile. Nick smiled back and said,

"Yeah, great job to you, too! You have some very powerful Pokémon. You must be proud." They talked for a few more minutes and Nick pressed on into Route 116, while Brendan headed back to Rustboro. Nick, confident that he made a new friend and rival, set on with a vengeance to become the Pokémon League Master.

((OOC: I feel like I took the name, "Pookah" from somewhere, but I can't think of the episode it's from. I think it's an awesome nickname, though, but sorry for not being original. I've had major writer's block lately. :()

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back