• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Evolution that never existed

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Crappy name for a thread but I couldn't think of anything good lol

What I'm here to ask is if you could choose an evolution and make it so that it never existed, who would it be and why?

For example here's mine:
    Lickilicky - No need for it, Horrible design, just all round dislike it.
    Leafeon - I don't disagree with there being a Grass Eeveeloution but is this seriously the best they could come up with? Surely they could have also thought of a better name.
    Riolu - In my opinion Lucario's better off with out a Pre-Evo, it doesn't look good to me and whenever I get one I'm always in a hurry just to get it to evolve.
    Cleffa & Igglybuff - OK so maybe they are "cute" and maybe intended to be more for the girl player IDK but to me they're fugly and useless and I can honestly say since they were introduced all those years ago I have never once had or WANTED to have either one in my party. It would be better if these had never existed.

I'm sure there are others :laugh: but I'll let you have your turn now.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    dude... evolutions that shouldn't exist... yup, i'm going with rhyperior

i mean it must have crazy stats (i have no idea), but still, LOOK AT RHYDON and you can tell that if anything it needed a pre-evo instead, i mean...

these *******s had farfetch'd and delibird right there ready for an evo to get over their uselessness, and they gave it to... rhydon?! FYL SON!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Electivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Magmortar, Rhyperior and Tangrowth.

They just ruined it. They never should have existed. There were already set (and in some cases, expanded) evolutionary lines, which worked, had been established for years and people were fond of.

And then they just duct-taped these abomonitions on the end, like "I'MA GONNA EXPAND UR LINE!"

I wish I could kill the person who thought that was a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Ughh Lickilily is AWFUL!
    I also never cared much for Munchlax or Togekiss

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Almost all of the 4th gen was messed up. They saw that they needed to get a new generation out and I don't think they know the values of the Pokemon more than the numbers.

"Do anything you want, just in the end make sure it adds up to 493"

Not gonna complain though, there's always deformities in each generation, just not 60+.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    4th Gen, do you mean?

Anyway, ummm....Phione.Not an evolution, but, sadly, while I like it, it's outclassed by Dewgong (which I also like) getting the same ability.Hydration shoulda been Manaphy-only.They should given Phione Intimidate, lol.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    4th Gen, do you mean?

Anyway, ummm....Phione.Not an evolution, but, sadly, while I like it, it's outclassed by Dewgong (which I also like) getting the same ability.Hydration shoulda been Manaphy-only.They should given Phione Intimidate, lol.

Yeah, messed up on that, thanks for correcting :]

Yeah, Phione should've had higher stats at least, since it not being able to evolve makes it almost a complete knock off of Manaphy. If you breed a Pokemon, it should be able to evolve into one of the parents, just doesn't make sense. I would've even prefered it so there was no Phione and Manaphy couldn't breed.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    If I had to pick one, it would be male Loppunys (I wouldn't dream of removing any other evolution, because I'm just one of those power-hungry players.)

Wasp

O RLY?
    Years

Why did they have to put evolutions to perfectly good Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I don't get why everyone hates magnezone so much, it's one of the best on my team.

Anyway, the only pokemon that I don't like enough to want it removed would be lickilicky (or however you spell it). The thing's just plain ugly. It has no redeeming features whatsoever...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Eevee should never exist. There, just broken up all the Eeveelution family.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I wouldn't get rid of any...but Blissey probably wasn't needed. And maybee Yanmega too. (Also Tangela needed an evolution, if it didn't get one I guarantee people would be calling for an evolution. And as far as design goes, whatever flaws Tangrowth has can be directly related to Tangela's design. The others I'd say are fair game though.)

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    {Replying to Kon~} I totally agree with you! That was one of the reasons why I didn't like the 4th generation. I hope that the 5th does at least try, you know?

{Replying to you} I don't like Salaby... I mean yes the typing is great, but the stats aren't that good. If they are going to add on another evolution to anyone it should be Salabeye. *nods*

Myles

Seriously?
    Years

They just ruined it. They never should have existed. There were already set (and in some cases, expanded) evolutionary lines, which worked, had been established for years and people were fond of.

And then they just duct-taped these abomonitions on the end, like "I'MA GONNA EXPAND UR LINE!"

I wish I could kill the person who thought that was a good idea.

- Lickitung and Tangela both didn't have evolutions and were really weak.
    - If it weren't for Magnezone, Magneton probably wouldn't have made it to OU this time around and that would have overpowered Skarmory.
    - Electivire is another addition to OU. Without it, the good ol' classic Electabuzz evo line couldn't be used in OU.
    - Magmortar failed to get in OU, but they gave it a shot.
    - Rhyperior is just plain cool.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    How can anyone hate Cleffa? I can understand Igglybuff since its swirl always made it creepy to me, but Cleffa.

Lickilicky was kinda pointless, they gave a weak Pokemon a slightly stronger evolution but in-turn sacrificed its looks for a crappy upgrade.

Ambipom needs to go, Aipom was never intended for battling, just for show since it's so cool until it evolves.

I don't really like Magmortar but if they gave Electabuzz an evolution then that's automatically an order to create a Magmar evolution so that's how Magmortar came to be. Don't know why Rhydon got an evolution.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The babies like Cleffa and Igglybuff do have more of a role than just being good to train or something though. Remember, there are many, many media of Pokemon. It's all about bringing the Pokemon world together. There need to be some weaklings wandering around.

Last edited:
    Back