• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • I used to have a Platinum one here... it's Winter Break, and my Platinum isn't here with me... so, I'm signing up for SoulSilver. (:

Also, please give me any type but Fire, Electric, Rock, Dragon, Flying or Grass. This is what I have on my Pt. file. Actually, you can give me those types, but not all of them, and not in the same spot (eg. Grass - 6th Pokemon).

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • If my mum's got me an R4 Card for Christmas, then I'll do this. If she hasn't, I won't. So you might have a sign-up form from me!

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Sorry bout that, my bad.
    I've just started to get my my team, and I'm liking it!
    My to-be-team:
    Golum (trained one but they're epic)
    Scizor (never trained one, beats mawile stat wise by a mile ^^)
    Grumpig (have one on my ruby, but stopped playing that a while ago
    Gligar (not the best, could be worse though, namely phanpy)
    Jumpluff (used one before, not brilliant but I <3 sleep powder)
    Cacturne (never used one, definately looking forward to it =D)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I used to have a Platinum one here... it's Winter Break, and my Platinum isn't here with me... so, I'm signing up for SoulSilver. (:

Also, please give me any type but Fire, Electric, Rock, Dragon, Flying or Grass. This is what I have on my Pt. file. Actually, you can give me those types, but not all of them, and not in the same spot (eg. Grass - 6th Pokemon).
    Help, please ? I need my types. (:

Years
  • This sounds like fun I'll give it a try.

User: Actshon
    Player: Actshon
    Game: SoulSilver
    Favorites: Its a secret :)

Oh and 560cool I'll give you Dark, Water, Ghost, Poison, Ice, and Psychic

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Thanks, Actshon ! I'll give you Fire, Water, Electric, Ground, Rock and Flying.

And, back to me, here's what I got :
    Absol ; Floatzel ; Mismagius ; Roserade ; Cloyster ; Gallade.
    Pure awesomeness. Just wait till I make the eggs and trade them. :-)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • @mzmingle : Dark, Water, Fire, Flying, Dragon, Steel.
    Have fun ! :p As for me... I'm currently breeding in my HeartGold. Got 3 eggs done so far. (:

King!

better
    Years
  • Update 1: An Overdose of FAIL
    Okay, so someone incredibly nice traded me a shiny Corsola, which I bred. So the types can stay the same. :3 Now....for Update-(ish) 1!​

~Did all the beginning stuff, including naming my player KING and the rival ALECKS. I then chose Piplup...
    ~In the first rival battle, Turtwig kept using Withdraw until it was in the yellow. And then attacked and won, causing my rival to win the first rival battle. ;.;
    ~Named Piplup FAIL
    ~Did lots and lots and lots of grinding. :3
    ~Got the poketch form the creepy guy and his...er....clowns. >.<
    ~After rival battle #2 (which FAIL actually won! :D), I realized that I didn't have to wait until the Pal Pad to get my eggs. So I traded over the five that I have... And one needs to wait until later today because of a migrate fail.
    ~Went through the tunnel and first routes with FAIL. In the mine place thingy, I found Roark, and trained FAIL until he evolved. :P
    ~Decided it was time to hatch my eggs.... And one by one the things hatched.
    ~So now I'm just training. So far, most of the Pokemon are level five. I'll just be training a ton before Roark. :P​

A proper update with team and such later... And hopefully I'll have the first badge by then, too. :D​

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then: Update number one!
    -After spending all day breeding and hatching eggs, I trained up a lv 8 Hoppip (Dollyplume) a lv 5 cacturne (Nocturne) a lv 5 spoink (Tazco) and a lv 1 scizor (Imperium, and yes I got lazy training it)
    -I reset my platnium, called my player character Jasmine (I hope you guessed I chose the girl) and the rival Marcus
    -After choosing piplup and rushing through the beggining I traded over my new team (I can catch geodude and gligar) and started wiping *$$
    -I then encountered I problem I didn't think of. After getting them all to level 10, they stopped obeying me == WHY didn't I think of that?
    -Desperate to get them to obey me again, I rushed of to Oreburgh and wiped Roark out with my Cacnea and Scizor, only to find that my mons still don't obey me. Yay, good times.
    -I've just finished destroying team galactic in valley windworks with my Skiploom and Scizor, OKOing that purugly felt so good.

Team: Dollyplume/Skiploom: one of the more reliable mons. Can take hit and ariel ace+giga drain are really good moves for that part of the game (yay for tms). Imperium/Scizor one word, epic. Tends to attack too. Brilliant moveset helps.
    Tazco/Spoink definately my least fav. Not because of bad stats, but because it wont do ANYTHING. Can wait till I get the next gym badge.
    Nocturne/Cacnea does well against trainers, but is becoming more unreliable every second. All of them are at lv 20 btw. (I'll probably go more indepth once they start obeying)

King!

better
    Years
  • yay, somebody posted~ ^.^

Update 2: The Purugly Truth

~Did the ton of training I promised would be done in the last update.
    ~Beat Roark with some combination or Corsola's Bubble and Bellsprout's Vine Whip. I wasn't really paying attention, to be honest. ^_^;
    ~Went back to Jubilife and had an epic battle against the Galactic Goons: Dawn's Chimchar and my Torchic against their Pokemon.
    ~Did more training, went through the rock tunnel like thingy, and emerged in Floroma.
    ~Where I worked to fight off Galactic. Including Mars…
    ~Which didn't go so well, My level 12 Pokemon were no match for her fat cat…which was five levels ahead of me.
    ~So, more training ensued. And I felt really bad about it, but I HAD to evolve Torchic so she would learn Double Kick. So I did. And now she's four levels ahead of everyone else. Oh well.
    ~Now time for my battle with Mars…

Commander Mars sent out ZUBAT!
    Go, Spinarak!
    ZUBAT used Bite. Spinarak flinched.
    ZUBAT used Bite. Spinarak flinched.
    Used the potion.
    ZUBAT used Bite!
    ZUBAT used Bite.
    Spinarak used Psychic!
    Used the potion.
    ZUBAT used Bite.
    ZUBAT used Bite. SPinarak used Psychic.
    ZUBAT fainted! SPinarak grew to level 13!
    Go! Bellsprout!
    Commander Mars sent out PURUGLY!
    PURUGLY used Fake Out! Bellsprout flinched.
    PURUGLY used Faint Attack. Bellsprout fainted.
    Go! Combusken!
    PURUGLY used Scratch.
    Combusken used Double Kick. PURUGLY restored health with Oran Berry.
    PURUGLY used Scratch.
    Combusken used Double Kick.
    PURUGLY used Scratch.
    Combusken used Double Kick. PURUGLY fainted. Combusken grew to Lv. 17!
    KING deafeated Commander Mars!

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then, update number two! Merry Christmas everyone ^^.

After trounching TG (team galactic), I went to eterna forest while doing some not-so-needed grinding.
    Rushed through the forest avoiding as much trainers as possible, so I could train up my geodude when caught.
    SKipping all those fishing trainers, I went to the next route and caught my geodude, Terra! (girl by the way)
    After grinding her and the team up to lv 24, I went to the gym, the gym trainers were easy, though I accidentally used selfdestruct against a budew ^^;
    But dear lord, Gardenia was so annoying, not because of her mons, which were nothing compared to mine, but because of my mons not doing a single thing I said!

After that was done, she gave me the badge so now mons up to lv30 obey me!
    I then went to storm the galactic building, gaining my team about 3 lvs each and 2-shotting Jupiters skuntank with my scizor, like with Mars' purugly, it felt so good.
    At the mo' I'm catching a Gligar as my final member. Trying to find a male with decent IV and good nature, and my skiploom + geodude evolved!

For all who care, just some thoughts on my team:

Spoiler:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    IMPORTANT EDIT:
    Seeing that no one has posted after me, I'm gonna say add this in here.
    Due to time constraint's etc, I'm going to have to drop the challenge at this date.
    I'll try to enter it again when black and white come out, but till then farewell :(
    I did give jy909 some types, but seeing that I'm dropping out I think someone else should do it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I've defeated the Cianwood Gym. This is my team:

Nidoking Level 32
    Dig
    Horn Attack
    Focus Energy
    Double Kick

Magneton level 32
    Spark
    Thundershock