• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Re-signing up, can't find my Platinum =3

User: Jake♫
Player: Jake
Game: Fire Red
Favorites: Srs, it's a secret

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Okay, everyone. (before saying anything, Weavile, I love for giving me those types !

Blaziken (the one I love. Eternally)
Manectric
Aerodactly (fossils FTW !)
Dragonair (battlewise, Dragonite is better, but this is sooo cute <3)
Swellow ! <3<3<3
Exeggutor

So yeah, my only NFE is Dragonair.
Okay, I need to trade an Infernape, Weavile and a Skarmory off my Pt., restart it, trade EVERYTHING from HG (none are obtainable pre-Nat. Dex). For that... Bro's DS !

@ Jake : the rules state you need a copy of a gen IV game so that every Pokemon is obtainable.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
User: Zeffy
Player: (I'll tell the name later.)
Game: HeartGold
Favorites: You really want to know? I bet you don't. :P

Right give me the types! :D

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Kay Zeffy, you win :

Electric, Fire, Water, Ground, Flying, Poison.

Right for you ?

As for my game... I have all my eggs done on HG, I still need to trade from Platinum. I'll begin sometime tomorrow.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Cool, I've got most of my favorite types! :D

Anyways, here's what I got:
Electric: Lanturn
Fire: Magmortar
Water: Swampert
Ground: Mamoswine
Flying: Yanmega
Poison: Haunter

By the looks of it, Haunter is the only NFE I have. I'll get started with this eventually.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2010
Domma101's Favourite Challenge update
-Skarmory Hatched
-Onix hatched
-Seedot evolved
-got through union cave and caught new Onix because mine had hms on it
- destroyed team rocket in slowpoke cave
- bet bugsy got the hive badge
- bet silver
- recieved cut
- got through ilex forest
- Save & Quit

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Okay, Update Time ! <3

So, I'm in Sandgem. Absolutely all my eggs hatched (I hatched Dratini before in my HG because I would need it to have at least one Pokemon at once) except for Aero' (which is still "What will hatch from this ?"). Here's the party :

Zappy f Lv. 2 (Electrike) : Tackle.
Fear f Lv. 2 (Taillow) : FLY (from parent Swellow), Peck, Growl.
Ken m Lv. 2 (Torchic) : Scratch, Growl.
Exeggcute (accidentaly forgot nickname) m Lv. 2 : Uproar, Barrage, Hypnosis.
Blues m Lv. 3 : Ice Beam (egg), Wrap, Leer.
Aerodactyl Egg (Aero).

And that's it. Before taking on Route 202, I need to hatch Aero and grind the others to Lv. 6-7.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
User: Chaos11011
Player:Chaos
Game: Platinum
Favorites: You guys can pick the types for me to make this more fun.

Then I will edit my new types

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
That means my Team is

Flaaffy,Swinub,Magmotar,Vespiquen,Lucario and Arbok

I also realized I dont have a Surfer or Flyer.This challenge is gonna be really annoying >.>

The Shiny Psyduck

<- Guess what game I'm playing
Years
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been at the beach this past week and am still finishing my summer hw, so I really haven't been able to play very much.

----------Stats---

Game: Platinum
Player: Luke (The Shiny Psyduck)
Final Team: Swampert, Spheal, Vibrava, Mightyena, Gallade, Numel
Badges: 1/8
Updates: 1 - 2 -
Current Location: Eterna City, saved right before Gardenia

----------Update---

Update #2:
-Backtracked to Oreburgh and managed to catch a Machop slave
-Passed through route 204 and got to Floaroma Town
-Walked to the Valley Windworks, but was locked out by the idiot guard
-Went back to Floroma and beat all the Galactic grunts, getting the Windworks key and saving the honey guy.
-Returned to the Valley Windworks, fought my way to Galactic Commander Mars and beat her with relative ease.
-Made my way up route 205, and finally to the Eterna Forest
-Died twice to WILD POKEMON because none of my pokemon ever obey me and Cheryl's Chansey can't fight.
-Died countless times to the trainers, but eventually got through the forest, only to reach something more annoying: a grass gym.
-Investigated the Eterna City statue thing with Roy, and met Cynthia.
-Struggled to beat the three other gym trainers, and finally reached Gardenia. I'm not even going to try right now.
Note: I might trade over Numel if I'm stuck for days or something on stupid Gardenia, but I really don't want to have to do that. It's just kinda cheap that Whiskers can 2ko almost anything with Powder Snow, but she'd rather put herself to sleep, become confused, or sit there and do nothing.

----------Pokemon---

MuddyBuddy the Marshtomp
Lv.25 Male, Relaxed nature
-Water Gun
-Mud Bomb
-Mud-Slap
-Tackle

Whiskers the Spheal
Lv.24 Female, Modest nature
-Water Gun
-Powder Snow
-Body Slam
-Encore

Slave the Machop
Lv.7 Female, Lax nature
-Rock Smash
-Leer
-Focus Energy
-Low Kick

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Acctually take me ou of this challenge,it will be to much of a chore to switch my pokemon every 2 seconds.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I'm resigning up, as I was having trouble with the eggs.

User: Ian Watkins
Player: Jessie
Game: Depend on what had the most pokemon on my list. :3
Favorites: Like I'll tell you! :3

Please give me flying somewhere. :3

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Well, since I still haven't given anyone types yet, Ian Watkins can have:
Ground, Flying, Dark, Grass, Ice, Electric.
Have fun? (:

EDIT: I'm still working on getting my non-Sinnoh Pokemon over to Diamond. I don't have a second DS of my own, so I have to wait until I go home this weekend to see if I can borrow one of my friend's for a few minutes. Either way, I do have three of the Pokemon already: a pretty new Vulpix, just hatched, with some awesome egg moves; a Nidoran that came all the way from Kanto; and a Dratini that I'll be boxing away for a few towns because it's already at level sixteen and I don't really feel like breeding her because she seems pretty good anyway. (:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
So that's: Camerupt (yay! :3), Dodrio (another yay! ;D) Honchkrow, Roserade, Dewgong, Jolteon

I guess I'll do it on Diamond. I'll have to trade four eggs though. :/

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
well, updating
I basically turned around and went back to jublife, heading to eterna

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Update One/Two: to Sandgem, to Floroma

"Welcome to the world of Pokem-"
"Okay, I get it. Just give me a Pokemon already so I can go catch some more."

So, I finally have begun my adventure in the beautiful region of Sinnoh. Barry and I (Zhinc) went looking for
the infamous red Gyrados in the nearby lake because he's stupid and thinks it's Lake Rage. ANYWAY, we
met this old dude and his assistant, who conveniently left a briefcase full of Pokemon behind. Since Barry
and I are nice people, we decided we would go return it to the Professor when we were so rudely attacked
by a couple of Starly!

After fishing around in the briefcase, I extracted a female Chimchar to defend myself and Barry chose a Piplup.
We made quick work of the Starlys and were once more about to head off to deliver the briefcase when that
annoying assistant interupted our musings. Thankfully, he was just looking for the briefcase, although he was
upset we'd used the Pokemon inside. Of course, he doesn't realize that we were being attacked by FREAKING
BIRDS, otherwise, he'd have been a little kinder about using the Pokemon.

Finally, we left the lakeshore with the intent of going home, but the assistant got away before we left and
alerted the old man about what had happened. Thankfully, he just seemed to shrug and asked us to drop by
in Sandgem Town later. How nice of him! I really do like this Chimchar, but she ain't no favourite.
Several long, forced conversations later, I was able to buy some Pokeballs with the intent of starting to fill up
my Pokedex. Unfortunately, the route between Sandgem and my house only has Bidoof and Starly, so I made
little progress on that front. Even so, I caught four Pokemon on the route and then decided to see if there was
anyone willing to trade me for something better.

In the Wireless room, I met two lovely trainers who had a much larger selection of Pokemon and who were,
oddly enough, willing to trade me some of my favourite Pokemon for mere Starlys and Bidoofs! On my team,
I now have the Chimchar I was given by the professor, who I intend to box away shortly; a level five Vulpix with
a killer moveset that her original trainer says is due to breeding; a level sixteen Drantini that I'm not sure how to
use yet and will box away temporarily; a level six Nidoran whose ID information came all the way from some place
called Kanto; and a level one Larvitar who appearantly just hatched.

Armed with these new friends, I think I can now safely venture out onto the route just north of Sandgem and see
what adventures are just over the horizon!

--------------------------------------

"As proof of your victory, I present you with this bad-"
"Yes, yes, I know. You have three Pokemon. It wasn't that hard."

I continue with where I left off and...holy cow! That annoying Lucas kid was sitting in some tall grass waiting for me
to walk by. That's only a little creepy. So, he shows me how to catch Pokemon, even though I've already caught,
like, four or five at this point.

I snake my way north to find some trainers! They all pretty much have the same Pokemon, and even my little
Larvitar is having a field day with them and gaining tons of experience. As soon as I reach Jubilife, my stalker is there,
asking how many Pokemon I caught. Appearantly, I only have caught four, even though I know I have more
of these little monsters put away in the PC. Unhelpful little--nevermind.

So I wander around in a couple of buildings including some school. I found Barry there, so I was able to give him some
package his mum gave to me for him. Sweet! A town map! Now I can know where I'm going, even though I'm pretty sure
a ten-year-old should have a pretty decent idea of the region they live in. Just saying.

There's a lot of routes out of this city. To the west is the sea, which I can't figure out how to cross, especially since I lack any
water Pokemon. I did manage to get an old rod from some guy, but all I can find with it are Magikarp. Oh well. To the north
is a little cave thing, but it's blocked by these MASSIVE ROCKS that look like a strong Pokemon might be able to smash into
little bits. So, to the east it is!

...and Barry's waiting to challenge me to a battle right as I exit Jubilife. How kind of him. Vulpix made quick work of
both of his Pokemon. There's some more trainers around here and a couple of nifty items lying around that no one else
seems to notice, so I guess they're mine now. And there're Abra in the grass here! I threw a Pokeball at one and caught
it, but I'll just be putting him in the PC, I think. Alakazam's pretty cool, but he's not one of my favourites.

There's a cave at the end of the route, but it isn't blocked by MASSIVE ROCKS, so I get through to Oreburg. Barry, of course,
is already here and already got his fancy badge. Appearantly, the Gym Leader left to go do something right after him, so
I head off to the mine. There're Onix in here! I want one so I can have a Steelix! Of course, 'little man' (which I started calling
my Larvitar) accidently faints the first one I find, so I have to spend a whole other hour looking for another one. Finally, I find
one. It's a female with the Rock Head ability. That'll make double-edge tons of fun. So, after that, I talk to the Gym Leader
and get him to go back to where he belongs. Thank God.

I unfortunately noticed while battling some of the workers that Vulpix is becoming disobedient, as is my lovely Nidoran! I
started to notice this once they got to level eleven, so I'm keeping 'little man' at level ten for now. My new Onix, on the
other hand, doesn't seem to mind taking orders from me no matter her level, so she's now around level eleven or so, tied
with Nidoran. I managed to get Vulpix all the way up to level fifteen, though. I wonder if they get even MORE disobedient
as their level gets higher? I hope not....

Once I think I've trained enough, I take on the Gym. I lead with Nidoran, but she disobeys herself into a faint, so I pull out
Vulpix. Even with the turns where she uses the wrong move or doesn't attack, she whipes the floor with all three of Roark's
Pokemon. I guess having Energy Ball as an egg move is a REALLY good thing.

So, I get my badge, heal up, and get ready trek north. Unfortunately, some weird slope thing blocks my path. Instead, I head
back towards Jubilife. I'd taught my Onix the HM move some hiker guy gave me, so I'm thinking I can make it through the cave
north of Jubilife. I'm right! Now, I've managed to get to the northside of the same route I was on before. The trainers here have
some more interesting Pokemon then before, but they're still easily taken care of. I had to pause for the night about half-way
through the route, so I'll be starting my journey again soon.

Last edited:

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
sorry, I always forgot to update my challenge... but I beat it and wanna see what team I'd get if I did it again. Do I have to to the sign-up thingy again to do it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back