• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Feebas Rage Symptom

Feebas - Worth it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
  • Symptoms include:

Varying levels of insanity.
    A burnt and melted Nitendo DS.
    The ritual burning of Feebas prints.

No, seriously. Feebas has always been elusive. In RSE there were six fixed spots in Route 119 ( correct me if I'm wrong) that contained Feebas. Then again, even on those spots the encounter rate of this little fish isn't even 100% or 90%, so there may be a chance that you go over the spot! this requiring lots of fishing one each spot.

DDPT didn't make it any easier, with now 2 less spots, bring it to a total of 4. And the lake wasn't excatly smaller. On top of that, the spots changed every day, which means its a really tedious process. You can't pick up where you left off the previous day, though the changing of spots may be to your advantage.

What do you guys think? Is it really worth it to spend loads of time to get a Alternate Magikarp? If I weren't a contest freak I would've ditched it long ago, but now it's a wonderful Milotic. :P Share your thoughts here!

Peace.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Feebas was actually quite difficult to find, but not as hard as Emerald. In that game, it was just simply impossible. xD" In D/P/Pt, I've managed to run into four Feebas all-together; in Emerald, it was none at all.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • Feebas was actually quite difficult to find, but not as hard as Emerald. In that game, it was just simply impossible. xD" In D/P/Pt, I've managed to run into four Feebas all-together; in Emerald, it was none at all.

:O The changing of squares must have been to your advantage then. The opposite is true, I've already got more than 10 Feebas with different natures the last time I played through Emerald, and I've more or less given up in DPP. Getting one via trade is viable though.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I never bothered looking for Feebas, in 3rd or 4th gen, it was too much effort for a Pokemon I was highly unlikely to ever use. :P

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • Yeah, that's what I think too. But it was the only way to get a Milotic which I really needed for contests ( I was chasing the Master Rank Beauty Contest) and at that time Emerald didn't have worldwide Wifi trading like the one in Jublife City in DPP. I would've traded for one if the feature was avaliable then.

Years
  • Never bothered. In the time you take to catch a Feebas, you can catch a Magikarp and evolve it into a Gyarados. Even if you catch a Feebas, it's still too much of a pain to evolve it into a Milotic.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • Yeah, but Milotic and Gyrados both aren't bad. And there both competitively viable too. It just depends whether you think you need it. But as I said with trading now it isn't much of a problem. :)

Years
  • I may have remembered getting a Feebas in Platinum, but I think I transferred one from the Pal Park in Emerald. There it actually wasn't that hard once I investigated all the sides of that stream on Route 119, but here since Mt. Coronet is so big and shrouded in that fog, it wasn't exactly a fun time.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • Defiently wasn't. I'm guessing you didn't have Defog at that time? With all that fog makes it very easy to double check and / or miss squares, this slowing down the process. I never had the luxury of having a GBA link cable, so I always did it separately on two generations. :P

Years
  • I never bothered looking for one myself, but I got one in a trade from a friend instead. After that it was just a case of breeding a few of them... it's an endless supply!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I remember when my friend and i were trying to catch a feebas on our copies of platinum for about three days before giving up. I wish we knew at the time that it was only able to be caught on select spots o.O That aside, i do not recall ever catching one. It still evades me to this day...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I never bothered, knowing I could eventually just get one in a trade. XD (I started playing when DP where new, so nyeh :p)

Defiently wasn't. I'm guessing you didn't have Defog at that time? With all that fog makes it very easy to double check and / or miss squares, this slowing down the process. I never had the luxury of having a GBA link cable, so I always did it separately on two generations. :P

You just need a DS or DSlite (not a DSi or 3ds) to use PalPark to transfer from GBA games if that's what your thinking about

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Does anyone knows where to find feebas in raptor ex? I really like to have a milotic......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back