• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] The first Pokemon in your party will follow you in FireRed rom

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    So the title perse derscribes what my question is...

I have tried looking a tutorial for it, buy I found nothing...

So is it possible in FireRed to make the first pokemon on your party follows you in Overworld?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    There's a very long thread about this in the Research and Development forum.

Years
    So the title perse derscribes what my question is...

I have tried looking a tutorial for it, buy I found nothing...

So is it possible in FireRed to make the first pokemon on your party follows you in Overworld?

No, not yet...
    Dang, if its done I'll rejoice like crazy!

If ya want look at this thing:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204651

If I remember correctly, it requires ASM.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Ggpokerbiel

The follow-me function is part of the CFRU, but this is meant for a single overworld sprite to follow you afaik. Not sure whether that function is bug-free yet either.

With a few tweaks by someone with any coding experience it will probably be possible to implement a similar function that will make the first Pokemon in your party follow you. However, it would cost a lot of free space to implement an overworld sprite for every Pokemon to follow you, especially if you add a lot of Pokemon. Afaik, it has not been done this way by anyone before in a GBA hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    is there any update to this, as far as you know? or a place where i can read and contribute

Back