• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Underground Elections

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
THE FIRST UNDERGROUND
REPUBLIC ELECTIONS

SEASON ONE

BREAKING NEWS: NATION OF PC HAS RECOGNIZED ARUG'S SECESSION!

After a resounding 99.3% support of the public vote for the Autonomous Region of The Underground (ARUG)'s secession referendum last May 6th, 2017, the Nation of PokéCommunity (PC) has finally recognized the referendum last week, and has allowed the ARUG to secede from the large nation.

Bilateral talks of the secession between the two parties had started, and one of the major changes talked in the discussions is the dissolution of ARUG in favor for the creation of The Underground Republic (UGR). As a fledgling nation, the UGR government would switch from the former modship system used by the Nation of PC to a democracy system, which meant that elections for the head positions of the country is on the horizon!

As part of the secession deal, the nation of PC has tasked Salzorrah to head the Underground Election Commission (UGEC), and arrange the first ever UGR national elections. After the elections, and the proclamation of the winning candidates, the Underground Republic would then be considered independent from the Nation of PokéCommunity.

The question of everyone's mind is, who would be the next UGR heads of state?​

RULES & MECHANICS

Welcome to the first ever Underground Republic National Elections! I'm Salzorrah, the head of the Underground Election Commission, and I will be overseeing the national elections of the Underground Republic.

For those who are new to the game, Mafia is a game wherein players are divided into two teams, the uninformed majority, known as the Innocents, and the informed minority, known as the Mafia. However, in this game, things would be vastly different from the norm of normal mafia games.

The objective of the game is to win the election. There are five positions in the Underground Republic. These are:

The First President of the Underground Republic
The First Vice President of the Underground Republic
The Underground Republic Secretary of State Affairs

Unlike other mafia games, votes are highly important in this game. You need a lot of them if you want to win. Every voting phase, you must send in a vote who you want to advance to each position that is open for voting on that phase. The votes are tallied, and the one with the least amount of votes are forced to drop out of the election. However, this is not that simple. Anyone can vote, even people who are not running for office (non-players can vote) and people who drop out of the election (players who have lost can vote). There are also favor actions, which will be talked about later, and events on the voting phases that add or subtract a percentage of votes from the original tally.

There will also be a mechanic known as the party system. Once you have filed your candidacy at the start of the game, the next step would be the Party Forming phase (Day 1), where you have a choice to run as an Independent or form a party with 2-5 other people with other positions. The advantages and disadvantages of such mechanic are as follows:

Run as an Independent

Advantages
  • You will receive more points if you win the election
  • Your favor actions are slightly more powerful
Disadvantages
  • You will act alone with no other candidate to help you

Run as a party

Advantages
  • You have access to outside communication with your other party mates. This will last until the end of the election season
  • If one of your party mates win a position, all other party members who didn't win will get points, albeit substantially lower
Disadvantages
  • You will receive less points if you win the election than running as an independent
  • Your favor actions and save votes are counted as one group vote

Two other mechanics are the favor actions and save votes. At the end of the party forming phase will be the campaigning phase (or the night phase) wherein you must send in a save vote to whom you want to save from dropping out of the election. You may not save yourself, or if you are in a party, you may not choose to save your party mates. The save vote will be revealed right before the results of each voting phase. There are also favor actions, which are basically limited night actions that may help you and hinder others at getting votes. These are:

Slander

The target would get a 25% deduction of their votes for that phase, however with a 25% chance of failure. Both percentages are increased to 50% on the second use, whether successful or not. This favor can only be used 2 times.

Switch Votes

Pick two targets, and their final votes get switched. This favor is activated after all other vote modifiers are applied. This favor can only be used once.

Buy Votes

You get a 30% increase in votes for that phase, however with a 30% chance of failing. This favor can only be used once.

Investigate

You may investigate a person if they are an Anarchist or not. Be wary, although reliable, not all investigations should be taken 100% truthfully. This favor can be used an infinite number of times.​

Of course, this wouldn't be a mafia game without an informed minority. The Underground Anarchists are the mafia of this game, and there are 3 of them, 1 in each position. They may be running independent or in a party. They win if 2 or more of the 3 positions are won by the Anarchists, or if the last surviving Anarchist and 1 of their 3 chosen candidates from each position wins the election. If they win, all the other elected Non-Anarchists will lose. If in case the latter win condition is applied, the chosen candidate wins alongside them. Aside from the Investigate favor, you will not know who are the Anarchists until the end of the election, and the candidates are proclaimed, so make sure to vote wisely.

Finally, this is also a game wherein a custom point system for the Leaderboard is adopted. The point system is as follows.

Non-Anarchists:
50 points - Win the election as an independent
40 points - Win the election in a party
20 points - A party mate wins the election

Anarchists:
40 points - Fulfill your win condition

Non-players:
10 points - Vote in half of the number of voting phases

-20 points - Rule break or inactivity after two voting phases​

RULES

❋ The PokéCommunity Rules and the Underground Guidelines apply here
❋ To vote for someone, you must format your vote [VOTE position] Name. Fill all the votes for the voting positions available for that phase to count. Failure to do so, or usage of other formats will render all those votes invalidated.
❋ Not voting for two voting phases will result in a forced drop out.
❋ You may not share your PMs. You may share the information contained in them at your discretion.
❋ If you drop out of the race, you may still vote, like the other non-players, however, if you were in a party, you may not vote for your party mates.
❋ Candidates MUST vote for someone. Abstaining is not allowed.
❋ In the event of a tie on the final tally, the one who got the most votes before applying the modifiers will win the tie. If there is still a tie, a random number generator will decide.
❋ Favor actions and save actions should be sent to me by PM or Discord.

If you have any questions, you can private message me on PC or direct message me on Discord

CANDIDATES

Salzorrah as the Underground Election Commission Head

metroid711 as Andrew Ryan [PP2]
gimmepie as Trigglypuff [PP1]
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Bardothren as Guzma [FINAL]
Superjolt as Commander Superjolt [IDO]

jombii as Rare Pepe [VDO]
purplecicada as Nicki [FINAL]
Abby as Abby McDabby [IDO]
Desinishon as One Punch Man [IDO]

Pecilia as Jeb Bush [SP1]
Swiftie as Taylor Swift [SP2]
Mr. James as Phoenix Wright
Sparkin as Spark [FINAL]
HyperMorian as Watchog [FINAL]​

Last edited:
Years
In o/ I"ll also submit form in next few hours....

No one can defeat me, Power of anime and god is with me

full-metal-alchemist-symbols-choosing-the-right-tattoo-for-you-g-h-tattoodonkey.com.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Name: Taylor Swift

Picture:
taylor-swift-look-video.jpg

Position: Secretary of Innocent Affairs, because I am innocent.

Backstory: It's time to transform the UG Snails to the UG Snakes. Deception and lying are what I'm best at, so who better to represent the masses and lead us to a brighter future? I have no problem dealing with political tension by writing powerful radio-friendly songs about them, so you can be sure I'll be able to handle any conflict that may occur as I take the role.

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years

Name:Andrew Ryan

Position:The First President of the Underground Republic

Backstory: Born in 1911 in the Russian Empire. His experience under Soviet rule led to him adopting his own personal philosophy: the modern world was created by great men who strove to make their own way. Any time "Parasites" gained control of such a world, they destroyed it. In 1919 as a boy he fled to America, he believed it was a place where where a great man could prosper. He then changed his Russian name to Andrew Ryan. For a time he thought this was a country of ideals and truth, but it has been corrupted by power. He will build a city here in the underground. It will be a city of freedom and prosperity. This place will be the only place where the parasites will not touch it. He adopted the phrase, "No gods or kings, only Man."

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Jeb Bush
HTXjKLB.png

Position: Underground Republic Secretary of Mafia Affairs

Backstory: After getting wrecked in the PC Elections, Jeb returned to the Underground Republic, where he was born before the secession, and sought to continue his political career there. He ended up getting caught up with the wrong type of people who were obsessed with killing innocents, but regardless he needed a group that would support his cause. He managed to earn the rank of Godfather within his circle of acquaintances, but he wanted more power, the power to speak out for his fellow mafioso. No mafioso child would be left behind and scumread D1 from meta info or lucky cops, in his guidance. No one should ever suffer the same fate as Jeb Bush, the One Child Left Behind.

Sparkin

Position: Underground Secretary of Third Party Affairs

Name: Spark

'sup dudes, the name's Spark. I saw this cool banner outside and decided to check it out. Been wandering around here for a few hours because someone told me to, the manager... They said I had to make a big text with some things about myself. Strange, right? Now that it's done, where do I get the pizzas?
Welp, looks like I got myself into a mess. I'm gonna aim to be the third party here. While mafia and the innocents try to kill themselves, we'll be the ones watching it.

Backstory

Spark's the leader for Team Instinct. The members of it don't rely neither on Power nor Brawns, but on their instinct. While being playful sometimes, and being relaxed, Spark's abilities on battling are top-notch, with his special instincts. On the underground, this instinct of his can be used as a flawless gut, which will determine a future that will certainly happen.
Spark's here to gather more followers, and also aim to be the secretary of third party affairs.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
fc,550x550,white.jpg

Rare Pepe
First Vice President for the Underground Republic
Backstory: The rarest of all pepes, Rare Pepe emerged from the Underground one day and decided to cleanse the world (or the UG. whichever is easier to do) of undank memes. He promised to have a dank meme holiday (on April 20, of course) and have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick dissidents to the face.​

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
My dear boy there is nothing artistic about thievery
Also i already did it, so there is that.

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Now now there's no need for that.
*Offers hand*
Let me properly introduce myself.
My name is Andrew Ryan.
I am the owner of Ryan Industries.
Its a pleasure to meet some of the other candidates.

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years

Underground Republic Secretary of Third Party Affairs
0Sp3h1v.png

has agreed to nominate Watchog as a candidate!

Backstory:
A confused and loyal member of werewolves in Pokéwolf whose curse has been lifted and now living as a normal Pokémon. Belongs to somebody named Morian who chose him as his representative. Can't stand disturbing stuff, but that's actually a facade as he enjoys it as much as he sharpens his gold spatula. Known for his sick gains, unpredictable sense of thinking and love for Japanese stuff, inheriting the latter quirk from his absent Trainer as he was affected enough by a series involving a bunch of little witches in a western academy of magic.

While he doesn't really have a goal to fulfill in this election and might always support the others regardless of circumstances, he does seem have a plan in mind. He seeks for a way where he can actually publish a game of his own without his Trainer noticing what he's up to, and as for now he's still working on it while signing himself as an unlikely chosen candidate.​

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

Hello everyone, for those who haven't sent in their forms, please do, and indicate everything on there, especially the position.

We currently have 12 hopeful candidates vying for the 5 positions.

1 candidate for President
1 candidate for Vice President
1 candidate for Secretary of Innocent Affairs
2 candidate for Secretary of Mafia Affairs
3 candidate for Secretary of Third Party Affairs

The election season will start once we have 15-16 candidates confirmed, but I am hoping we could get a total of 25 candidates as so there would be 5 candidates per position. If we only get 15 candidates, there might be an instance where the position of the Secretaries would be merged into one. If 16 candidates apply, there would be two positions for Secretaries, instead of three.

Lastly, for all of you, please join this Discord Server. Don't worry if you cannot see anything, just DM me or ping me on Discord if you have joined the server so that I can add in your permissions.

That would be all for now from your UGEC Head!

Years
Trigglypuff

triggerpuff_by_fraisechaton-dbjsgt5.png

Trigglypuff has been many things - activist, tv star, lead 'mon on an alright team and now he's taking a stand and running for President. Trigglypuff made the decision at a local bar, surrounded by his cohorts. As per usual, someone said something political that triggered the fuck out of him and he went on an alcohol-induced economic rant. When someone said "yeah, well you do better", he took that challenge upon himself and now that his hangover has cleared he's here to win the election and make the UG great again a better place.

Back