• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Flame in Charmander's Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    By all indications when the flame goes out so does Charmander or any of it's family line dies. I would see the flame as it's heart if the flame is strong then it is indication of a healthy Charmander if it is not much of the flame the Charmander is either weak or in a state of weakness.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    When the flame of a Charmander's tail blows out it will die?

Does it mean Die, DIE!

or Faint? or something else.

I'm pretty sure it should really die... as in DIE! kind of die. But as we all should know Pokemon, we really don't want anyone to DIE here >__>

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Yes, it would die. But it hasn't ever been shown in the Anime. (No Charmander has been shown dying.)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ^they've come close though.(The Line in General not just Charmander)

Though we all know Pokemon die though I'm not really sure but I think Charmander is the only one we actually know how it dies. right? is it an old age thing? injuries from a battle ?I don't recall the Games/Anime elaborating on it .

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    ^they've come close though.(The Line in General not just Charmander)

Though we all know Pokemon die though I'm not really sure but I think Charmander is the only one we actually know how it dies. right? is it an old age thing? injuries from a battle ?I don't recall the Games/Anime elaborating on it .
    Yeah, they wouldn't elaborate much on the concept of 'death' in Pokemon, it being a kids show. So, I think a mature topic like death is rather avoided.

I don't recall any other Pokemon who could die in a specific way... So, I think it's only Charmander, who has a particular way.

Injuries from battles? I don't think so because as soon as Pokemon faint, they are taken to Pokemon Centers straight away. I don't recall anything about this either. :\ I'm pretty sure that Pokemon die from old age though.

Years
    If the flame on the tail goes out on Charmander, it would die, not just faint. I guess it doesn't seem all that surprising, because we know that Pokemon CAN die (shown by the Pokemon Tower, for example), but Pokemon only faint in battle, they don't die.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Well if we went by the anime neither Charizard was completely immersed in water Charizard's burning ambitions. IF my memory is correct Charizard tries to fight a charizard in the valley and gets creamed and then he gets kicked out. Liza responds by closes the gates then Charizard slams on the door till she reopens the gate. Ash then demands a battle with Charla (Liza Charizard) which Charla responds by grabbing charizard and throwing him in the lake head first. Completely soaking him including his Flame

Also In Island of Giant pokemon the Whole gang and their pokemon as well of team rocket and they ride a cable car which breaks and lads into the water with all of them and their pokemon including Charmander

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Water doesn't always extinguish fire. Just by being water and with Charmander constantly powering his own tail flame I think of it as a wielding torch (which can burn underwater)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I can buy that but just for a little bit of a healthy debate in pokemon Shipwreck when charmander burned a hole in the ship water came rushing out then he rushed away from the water holding it tail running so the flame would not get wet, This could be seen as evidence against your theory. Again not trying to be rude just trying to get a bit of a debate going cause im kinda bored.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    If something that determined if you lived or died was located outside your body would you take any chances with it ? I wouldn't.also this can be just a fear of water as he is a fire type and he merely had his tail forward so he would not get any of his body wet as tails tend to tail behind things. and agreed a healthy discussion never hurt anybody

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Agreed u defended your point quite well and you did have me won over with your fist point but i wanted to see how far we could go with that and unless i was to argue something really stupid So I'm giving this debate to You

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well considering what is said, yes Charmander will "Die."
    It is rather an interesting thing in all fairness. I don't really think it could actually happen though, I think it's just somthing made up by the anime.

Heres a little pokedex entry:
    Red & Blue PokéDex said:
    Obviously prefers hot places. When it rains, steam is said to spout from the tip of its tail.
    Thats some sort of proof it shouldn't really die when it's fire goes out. Ash tried his hardest to get Charmander out of the rain so it wouldn't die.

Also something interesting it doesn't seem to happen with any other pokémon in the anime with visible flame on their bodies. E.g. In a DP episode Cynthia said Chimchars flame goes out when it goes to sleep.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It's called "anime physics." There were times when Charmander's tail was exposed to water, and that didn't anything other than make it ill in one instance.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I think we all know about anime physics and yes that is the easiest answer of them all but i think were going for more abstract ideas to either entertain us or even just to make the anime more fun

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    also if a charmander could die as a result of its tail being extinguished be it by water,dirt suffocation etc... wouldn't there be laws passed to prohibit the use of chamander and its line? some sort of humane society for Pokemon?

Also something interesting it doesn't seem to happen with any other pokémon in the anime with visible flame on their bodies. E.g. In a DP episode Cynthia said Chimchars flame goes out when it goes to sleep.

Yes but Blaziken wrist flames only flare up when it flexes it could a be a relaxation thing?or an energy conservation thing?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    True you could never use rock slide water gun or even just simply smother his tail with a fire blanket or the PPA (pokemon Protection Agency) would be on your tail faster than lightning

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    They might even try and out law all pokemon battles just to be fair/safe thus forcing people into back alleys and abandoned parking lots to watch a Mankey go at it with a Grotle. :( it would be a sad day for us all :(

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Yeah that would be a sad sad sad day i will shed a tear when that happens but the sad thing is that if pokemon were some how real in the real world people would find some way to stuff it up

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    But If Pokemon were in this world how could you enforce such a thing go to arrest someone for Pokemon Battling and get chased of By their Rhydon. and Crime whew the crime nothing says "Hit the floor this is a hold up" like a lava plume from a magmortar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back