• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Forgotten Isle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
    Chapter 2: A New Journey Begins! - Ashley

''Well, I'm afraid you should ask the Professor about that. She's right over there, you see?'' the AID said.
    Ashley looked, wanting to check if the girl was still talking with the Professor. Fortunately, the girl was gone, and so was the tall cyan-haired guy. ''Alright, thank you, sir! I'll go ask her.'' so replied Ashley, walking towards the professor immediately.

''Excuse me, are you Professor Redwood?''
    The Professor looked up, somewhat surprised. ''Ah, another visitor? Are you from the wrecked ship too, perhaps?''
    ''Yes, madam. I was wondering if I could use the phone?''

Professor Redwood seemed confused. ''The phone? Oh, you mean the computer I had to take from the Pokémon Center? Why of course, but.. you probably won't be able to reach anyone out of this island.''
    Now Ashley was the one slightly confused. ''What? Really?'' That made her kind of sad, she wouldn't be able to tell her family what had happened.. She hoped they wouldn't worry about her. ''... Then it's no use.. I'm sorry to have wasted your time, Professor. Let's go, Sabure. We're on our own now!''

''I beg your pardon? This Vibrava is your only Pokémon?'' The Professor's expression went from surprised to somewhat worried. ''Is that right?''
    ''.. Well, yes, madam. Why do you ask? My Sabure is very strong!'' Ashley said, taking Sabure from her head and showing him to the Professor.
    ''I believe that, seeing he already evolved from a Trapinch. But wouldn't you like having another Pokémon with you, in case Vibrava got hurt?''
    Ashley thought about that for a while. It WOULD be nice to have a new friend with her! Sabure broke free of her grip, flew around enthusiastically and landed on her head yet again. It seems he completely agreed. ''If that's okay, that would be great!''

The Professor smiled, and turned around to walk to a closet in which loads of Pokéballs were lying. ''I'm not giving it to you for free though.'' she said, picking a Pokéball and walking back to Ashley. ''I want you to study this Pokémon's behaviour, okay? Make notes of what it does throughout the day, and mail me your findings. That way, you'll have a new Partner, and you'll help me with my research at the same time! I just sent out two more people with new Pokémon to study, too. Maybe you could go together.''
    Ashley nodded and curiously took the Pokémon. ''Thank you very much, madam! Then, I'll be going now.'' Ashley turned around, walking straight to the door.
    ''Be sure to mail me!'' the Professor stated once more.

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    You know what guys, I'm gonna follow the anime series kinda thing. They don't really have levels in the anime series so level doesn't matter now. Never mind about level. Just follow the basic kinda thing with the show. No specific level, you can know more than 4 moves, yadda yadda. xD

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Chapter Two - Roan

"I can't belive that girl walked right past me anyway look there's the professor" said Roan to his pokemon "come on lets go and talk to her."
    Roan, his Wartortle and the Treecko walked over to the professor. "Hi I'm from the wrecked ship, you've problaby had a few people around here already but I need to know a little bit about the island and from what I know a professor is the best source of information," said Roan and he then smiled.
    "Well you are smart aren't you, and by the looks of you, you are a trainer?" asked Professor Redwood.
    "Yeh I am," replied Roan
    "Good, and to your question, there are gyms on this island and since you are a trainer thats the important thing you should know, and one other thing I see you have the Treecko I am studying following you" Roan turned around and saw the Treecko, Roan smiled again."and I want you to study him for me," Said Prof Redwood politely.
    "What really, so I can have the Treecko sweet, I always wanted one," said Roan happily.
    "Yes you can have the Treecko but not for free no, I want you to study it okay?"asked Prof Redwood
    "Yeh whatever, and can I ask where is the closest gym ?" said Roan impatiently.
    "The closest gym is in Genna, the leader is Kaya and she favours dark type pokemon," replied Prof Redwood.
    "Thanks and do you have a notebook for studying Treecko" Roan asked.
    "Yes here is Treecko's notebook, I was about to study him but he seems fond of you also I don't know your name?," Prof Redwood said.
    "I'm Roan but my friends call me Lion and you are?"
    "I'm Prof Redwood, Lion"
    "Thanks again for the Treecko" Roan said to Prof Redwood."Treecko do you want to come with me?" he said to the Treecko holding out a pokeball.
    The Treecko answered by going over to the pokeball and letting it be caught.
    "Sweet I have a Treecko!" shouted Roan holding up the pokeball.
    "See ya" yelled Roan as he ran out the lab door to the centre of Panon town

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    "Oh so like Professor Oak?" I ask, not realizing how stupid the question sounded.
    "Right ... like Professor Oak..." Reedwood mumbled in response. "Well then I'm guessing from your Arcanine you'r a pokemon trainer then?"
    "My Arcanine's name is Swift. And yup im a trainer. I just finished fifth in the Silver Confrence in the Johto reigon." I say, starting to brag myself.
    "Well then can I see your other pokemon?" the Professor asked, curious to see how 'great' my other pokemon are.
    "Yea just a sec.." I mumble, starting to dig through my bag. After a few minutes i fish out my three pokeballs. "Come out guys!" I shout, throwing the pokeballs into the air. Out of the pokeballs came a Wooper, Sneasel, and an oddish. "This is my team, Puddin,.." I point at wooper... "Kyuki,.." I point at sneasel... "and Lettuce." After I finish introducing the rest of my team the Professor started digging through a desk drawr.
    "So I guess your good at training pokemon then right?" After she asked I noticed that she had a pokeball in her hand.
    "I guess so..." I mumble, petting my pokemon.
    "Here then." Professor Redwood tossed the pokeball at me, barely catching it. "I never have time to train it."
    I toss the pokeball and out came a Froslass. "You're just giving me this? No catch?!" There was no way there wasn't a catch.
    "Well I suppose there is a catch... I want you to train this pokemon and use it to help you beat the gym leaders here."
    I stared at her for a minute or two. "You know collecting badges isn't really on my priority list! I would like to get off of this island or something..."
    "Well then meybye the leauge's pokemon are strong enouf to get you home. I'ts worth a shot."
    (To be continued)

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    ((Still Chapter 1 for me.))

Jasmine wandered into the building making her way down the room which was scattered with various aids. Finally deciding to ask one of the AIDs where to go she walked up to one and said, "Um excuse me. But do you khall and into the doornow where the other trainers that came in before me went?"

"Ah yes just down the room through that door right there," the Aid said pointing down the hall.

"Thank you," Jasmine said before walking down towards where the Aid had pointed. She wandered down the hall and into the room which the Aid has pointed to. She noticed that someone else was waiting to talk to the Professor so she stepped aside to wait for her turn.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    [[Pokemon levels: Swift(Arcanine)17, Lettuce(Oddish)11, Puddin(Wooper)14, Kyuki(Sneasel)16, Kimoe(Froslass)15]]

"Right... Well I guess we have nothing better to do..." I mumble, looking down at my pokemon. They all looked worried, not knowing this new place. "So is there anything else I have to do?"
    "Yup. You have to get information about these three pokemon for me." The Professor said, looking through her desk. She pulled out handfulls of pokeballs. "Here, you can have these too." She said, tossing the pokeballs at me.
    The pokeballs scatter all over the floor, I scramble to collect them. "What pokemon?" I ask, shoving the pokeballs into my bag.
    "Lugia, Celebi, and Giratina. And I also want you to explore the island, not one of us has accomplished that yet.
    "I knew there would be a catch...." I whispered to Swift. "Well then where should I go first?"
    "The closest gym is in Genna town, north of here, through the forest.You also may have a chance of seeing Celebi." She said while looking at a map hanging on the wall.
    "Well then I guess i'm on my way!" I shout, now exited. "Lets go guys!" I exclaimed, returning all of my pokemon, but Swift, to their pokeballs. "Bye Professor Redwood!" I shout, running out of the lab, into my new adventure.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Hey! Sorry I'm late!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! Wait.. for... me!" Sylvester cried as he followed the trail after the others. But after all, who was supposed to hear him. He had been knocked senseless, and by the time his Gyarados had waken him up, thee other passengers on the boat were long gone. Now he ran as fast as his short legs could muster. Why did he always had to lag behind? He wasn't intended on giving others a head start, but it seemed he just couldn't help it sometimes...

Finally, Sylvester seemed to reach something like civilization. Rooftops were turning to cozy coastal houses, and people was walking about. Sylvester was absolutely exhausted, but he couldn't allow himself some rest now. He HAD to find the others! Opting for the simplest way, he stumbled over to a nearby man and panted "Ex-excuse me, Mr... have you seen a group of people... passing just recently?" The man nodded and smiled. "Late-comer, huh?" he said. "They all went over to Professor Redwoods laboratory". "A laboratory?" Sylvester replied and pondered. Pokémon professor... laboratory... oh no! Oh, dear God, no! Sylvester almost tore at his fudge hair. If his suspicions were right, the others could have gotten a greater headstart than he would have expected. He thanked the man and broke into a run again. But he almost instantly stopped again when he passed a Pokémon center. Of course. He had to check his Pokémon for injuries first. He entered the building and introduced himself to the nurse...

Fifteen minutes later he walked out of the Pokémon Center and headed through the sunny streets towards a building that looked a lot like a laboratory. Come to think of it, it was even a sign reading "Laboratory" there. Again and again Sylvester cursed himself for his lateness. When he entered the laboratory his heart sank even more; it was almost empty...

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
    Chapter 2: A New Journey Begins! - Ashley (2)

[TFN: Oh, sorry about that! I thought when you talked about a girl you were talking about Bijou. o_o No-one seemed to notice me before either, so.. XD
    Reading back your previous post, I see it was about Ashley after all.. Sorry! ^^;]

Before Ashley went back to the town centre, she wanted to find out which Pokémon she had obtained from the Professor. So, on a side path near the laboratory, Ashley finally released the Pokémon from its Pokéball.
    A slightly small Squirtle materialized in front of her and Sabure.
    At first, Ashley just stood there, surprised. ''... I got a SQUIRTLE?! One of the official Kanto starters?! That's so incredible!'' she said cheerfully, ready to make a small dance. Sabure happily joined and jumped off of her head, flew around Squirtle for a few times, and then landed on Squirtle's back. Squirtle seemed to laugh at first, but panicked a bit when Sabure went sitting on his back. Squirtle tried to get Sabure off and turned around many times. Finally, Squirtle had gotten dizzy and fell over, together with Sabure. Ashley just watched them, and couldn't help but laugh.'
    ''You're really funny, Squirtle!'' Ashley said, still laughing. ''Let's see.. I think I'll call you.. Kamechu. 'Cause you're like a turtle!''

On her way back to the village centre, a small boy passed by her. Ashley was surprised, he was quite small, but he ran so fast! Ashley watched him for a while, then turned around and walked on.
    ... But when she reached the town centre after awhile, she didn't really know what to do, or where to go. She had been given a mission, but just writing down what Squirtle does during the day wouldn't get her off of this island. And so, Ashley tried to search for others from the Shipwreck, but couldn't find anyone at first...

Years
    Chapter 2: A New Adventure Begins!

"O.K everyone, come on out!"

I threw my three Poke Balls up into the light blue sky. All three popped open, releasing a bright, red light onto the ground. Then, the red light formed into my Poochyena, Torchic and Ralts, landing in front of me, crying happily.

"O.K guys, we didn't make it to Justina Isle so we're now in Renal Isle. So, we got to find a way back to Justina Isle. And the map says we should head to Genna Town since it's the closest. But it'll still be a long trip, so we got to be prepared for anything, ok guys?" I said to them in a kind voice.

They all nodded, smiling at me.

So we followed the first route that lead into a deep forest. It was full of tall trees that seemed to touch the skies. Bidoof and Rattata ran freely in the grass while Hoothoot and Spearow nested in the tall branches.

But the deeper we went, the more silent it became. Before long, it was completely desterted and very dark.

But I kept feeling as though someone was watching us. But I couldn't see anyone...

Before long, it was becoming dark so I decided to set up camp near a small creek and a couple of Lum Berries.

Me and my Pokemon hipped up some Pokemon Food and some fruit salad from Berry Trees. It was small but still good enough to last us the night. Then we went to sleep under the full moon...

hours later, I woke up to get Ralts a drink of water when I heard something in a huge bush. A rustling sound. I walked over a jumped back at what I saw.

It was a baby Ledyba, buzzing me in wonder and excitement. It seemed lost and scared of it's surroundings. I picked it up, cooing it happily.

"Oh, are you lost, baby Ledyba?"

"LEDY-LEDY-BA-BA!"

"Awwwww. Wanna stay with us for the night and we'll help you find your home?"

"LEDY!LEDY!" it cried appily.

"Guess that's a yes." I chuckled.

The next morning, we all woke up to Ledyba's loud buzzing.

"I know, I know. We'll help you get home." I smiled.

So we bagan searching the forest, looking in every tree and every bush. We found lots of kinds of pokemon, but none of them were Ledyba's home.

We looked all day, but to no avail.

The sun was already setting and my Pokemon were becoming very hasty to leave.

"Oh Ledyba! Where can your home be?" I laughed, hugging it tightly.

Just then, a girl with long, blue hair, a red shirt with pale blue jeans came out of a thicket, panting loudly. Her eyes lit up when she saw Ledyba.

"Ledyba! There you are! I've been so worried!"

Ledyba flew out of my arms and into hers, chirping happily.

"Thank you ever so much for finding her! I can never repay you!"

I blushed in content.

"Oh, it was nothing. But can I ask you something. How do I get to Genna Town? I'm kinda lost."

"Well, you take this path leading east. That should take you there. Thanks again!"

"You're welcome!" I said, waving good-bye to her, taking the path that lead into the pink rose sunset.

TO BE CONTINUED...

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Kylie stepped into the room with Prof. Redwood.

"Umm, hello?" she said, looking at the Prof.'s back.

"Oh my God! Another one!" Prof. Redwood exclaimed as she turned around, exasperated.

"Umm, hi. I heard about your Pokemon research, and I. . ." Kylie started, only to be silenced by Prof. Redwood with her hand holding out a Pokeball.

"Here. Now go away and let me work." she said, turning back around.

"Umm, sure. Ok. See ya." Kylie said as she got the HECK outta there.

When she got outside, she threw the Pokeball into the air.

"Go! Pokeball!" she yelled. Out of the Pokeball came a flying-type Pokemon.

"Wow! A Skarmory!" she exclaimed, pulling out her Pokedex.

"Skarmory, the steel bird Pokemon. It's wings look heavy, but actually are light enough to let it fly." the Pokedex said.

"Skar, Mory!" The Skarmory screeched, defiant.

"Im your new trainer. Get used to it." Kylie shot back. The two, Pokemon and Trainer, stared each other down. . .

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
    Years
    A New Friend - Part 2

"Marill Marill Mar!" Aoko could hear someone coming outside. "Could they be a friend?" Bijou wondered to herself. She watched Kylie throw out her Pokeball.

"Let's go talk to her!" Bijou ran to Kylie's side. She could make another friend, and so soon after she just got Sonic! She smiled proudly. What a great day!

"Hello? My name's Bijou. Did you get your Skarmory from Professor Redwood?" Bijou questioned. "Well, I got a Pokemon from her too!" Bijou reached for her new obtained Pokeball, and released Sonic. "Maybe we can be friends and travel together!" Bijou exclaimed happily. "So, what do you think?"

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Kylie turned from her Skarmory towards the direction of the voice.

"Yeah I did. She's not too nice, is she." Kylie joked. "And, sure. I'd love to travel with someone else. You'd better meet my other Pokemon, though. Come on out, guys." she said as she tossed her Pokeballs into the air.

One after the other, Maple and Ari appeared.

"This is my Leafeon, Maple, and my Miloctic, Ari." Kylie announced to Bijou. "And I just nicknamed my Skamory, her name with be Harper."

The Girl from the Well

Years
    A New Friend - Part 3

"No, I guess not!" Bijou laughed, and grinned. "Yay, now we can travel with someone! You should meet my other Pokemon too." Bijou grabbed the remaining Pokeballs. Rin came out of the first, and then Sakura.

"This is Aoko, Rin, Sakura, and my newest Pokemon, Sonic." Bijou pointed to the Marill, the Houndour, the Cherubi and the Sandshrew as she spoke. "Be kind to our new friend, and her Pokemon too!" Bijou politely ordered her Pokemon. They all cried in agreement.

"Well, what do you say we start going to the next town?" Bijou asked. "Something cool might be over there, so we should head there!" She closed her eyes with a smile. This feels like Bijou's best day ever, in her opinion.

(Now I'll think I'll wait for the others to reply now, if that's alright. ^^; )

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Sylvester sat panting in a chair in the laboratory. Oh, what if he was to late? Is the professor- Redwood, was it? Anyway, if he or she wanted help with Pokémon research, Sylvester would be a straggler. And he hated being a straggler! Even worse, he might be left alone on his new journey. No traveling companions, except for his trusted Pokémon. How unbearable.

Aa angry-looking woman came out of a door back in the laboratory. "Now this is going too far, young man!" she said sternly. "Not only are you very late if you want a Pokémon, but you barging in like that is quite a disturbance to my work!" Sylvester standed up, but didn't look the woman in the eye. "I'm sorry, ma'am, umm, I mean professor. I had just fallen unconcious and was kind of left behind..." He held out his hand. "Sylvester Icleaf" he said. A Pokéball was showed into his open hand. "Here, take it", Professor Redwood said. "And don't forget the notebook and pencil! Now get out before I change my mind!" Sylvester mumbled his thanks and busied out of the laboratory.

He stared at the Pokeball in his hand for a moment before throwing it into the sunny sky. When the flash subsided, Sylvester shuddered, for he realised it was a Ghost Pokémon which hovered in front of him. He had never seen anything like it. It seemed to wear a purple witch hat, and it had a strange, crooked smile. Sylvester shakingly pulled out his Pokédex and pointed it at the thing.

"Mismagius. The Magic Pokémon, and the evolved form of Misdreavus. Its cries sound like incantations and are known to cause both headaches and good luck"

"Whoa. A Mismagius!" Sylvester said excitedly. He reluctantly reached out his hand to touch it, but gradually drew closer to the thing. "Hi", he said and tried to supress his fear under a smile. " I'm Sylvester, your new traveling companion". The Pokémon just stared at him with an unsettling look. Suddenly it cried "Ma, Misma!" and Sylvester cried shirlly and jumped back. The Mismagius seemed to smile even more "Ma, mis Misma!" it said, and it sounded oddly like laugther. After a while Sylvester laughed too. "You like to scare people, huh?" he said and patted it on the hat. "Tell you what, your new name is Lawrence LeSpook." The Mismagius gave a happy cry, and Sylvester felt much better. He called out his other Pokémon. "Now, I'd like you to meet Gygyias the Gyarados, Karl the Kirlia, and Emma the Whismur. This is Lawrence LeSpook, guys. Your new friend". The Pokémon seemed to find the tone fast, and soon they were playing happily together. "Now, now" Sylvester laughed and recalled them "we have work to do guys!"

Sylvester pocketed his Pokéballs and wiped off his spectacles. Then he sat out to the town in a light jog. Perhaps the others wasn't very long ahead after all?"

Last edited:

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
    Chapter 2: A New Journey Begins! - Ashley (3)

[It seems I always end up doing this, huh. Is there some kind of OOC-thread, by the way? xD

And would someone care to be Ashley's travelling companion? ^^;
    Travelling together is way more fun!]

After a while, Ashley ceased looking for others. She had no idea where they could've gone. Sabure let out a soft cry, as if he sighed. ''I know Sabure, I shouldn't rely on others... But what should I do next?''
    ''Hey there, miss! Didn't I see you before somewhere?'' A young man came running right up to her, Ashley guessed him to be in his twenties. She took a few steps back at his approach. ''Eh, I think not...''
    ''Oh, don't worry, I'm a friend.'' he said with a huge grin. Ashley tried to smile back. ''You're the girl I saw in the Pokémon Center, from the shipwreck! You headed to the lab then, right? I'm sure it was you!''
    Ashley thought for a while and tried to remember if she had seen him before.. Was he maybe the guy cursing the newspaper when she was waiting for Joy to finish healing Sabure? Yeah, that might've been him...
    ''O-Oh.. Yes, I think I remember you. So um..'' Ashley hesitated. ''What do you want?''
    ''It looked like you were lost or something, so I thought I'd help out. As you're from the shipwreck, too, I presume you're looking for a boat of sorts?'' He said, again with a grin. Ashley nodded. ''Then I'm afraid you should head for the other side of the island. There's a big harbor there, I'm sure there'll be a ferry home for you too.''
    Ashley's eyes turned bright and this time she genuinely smiled. ''Really? That's great! ... But then, where should I go?''
    ''I think you should first head for Genna Town. That's about a day's walk from here.'' He pointed to what seemed to be a path leading into a forest. ''That way. Be sure to follow the path, though. It's easy getting lost once you're in there.''
    Ashley nodded again, and bowed. ''Thank you so much sir! Then, I'll be heading for Genna Town now! Goodbye!'' Ashley walked away, waving at the man for a while, until he left. Now Sabure and she were standing in front of the entrance of the Forest. Sabure cried encouragingly, and Ashley took a deep breath...

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Yes, there is an OOC thread.

And sorry I haven't been on a lot, Im busy with the end of school. xP

The Girl from the Well

Years
    A New Friend - Part 4 [More Friends Galore!]

(I hope you don't mind if Sylvester[Vorteld] joins us, Kiwi. ^^)

Just as it seemed that Bijou would be on her way, she noticed someone. Why she wouldn't want them to be alone! Only if they wanted to, of course. Otherwise, who was Bijou to turn down an offer to getting a friend? She walked beside him.

"Hi there!" Bijou cheerfully announced. "I'm Bijou. Who are you?" She curiously asked. "Would you mind if my friend Kylie and I went along with you?" Bijou grinned. How many friends would she have? Many, that's for sure.

"I'd also like to introduce you to my Pokemon." Bijou introduced them to him, in the same manner she did with Kylie. "What Pokemon do you have?" She hoped she wasn't overloading him with questions, and blushed slightly. Though, because her skin was light, the other two could plainly see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back