• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Formal & Abnormal Normal Club (Normal-Type fan club!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Thank you for changing that, Avishka, and thank you for the compliment ^3^

Alrighty, folks, the Drawing Contest you should have received a notification about has officially begun. Did any of you get that PM? Because I haven't gotten a single reply yet...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I saw your name and had a mini heart attack I was like OH GOD A MOD WHAT DID I DO but you're signing up so that's good xD You've been added. Although, the last field was never filled out. Would you like to receive PM notifications?

And thank you for the compliment ^3^

I was planning to use an Ursaring because of it's monstrous attack stat, never got around to it...
    Haha, no need to be anxious about that, since concerns about clubs are usually taken up in PM xD And I replied with "sure", so I did fill it out :p But yeah, I'd like to receive PM notifications.

No problem, compliments are pretty much a necessity in cases like this.

I've always pretty much liked Ursaring because of how great it was. It's always been a great addition to my teams, and it has a wide movepool, which includes a lot of my favourite attacks. Overall it's just pretty strong, though I feel like its design may be a bit too simple, as it lacks something to make it stand out a bit more.

Snowdrop

Years
  • I actually think the simplicity of Ursa's design is what makes it stand out. I don't want him to look like a 4th gen Pokemon with a bunch of unnecessary patterns and spikes coming off of him xD The only thing I don't like about the design is the tattered shoulder pads, idk they just look weird.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Okay, here's the new and improved!

Username:
    Sector Revenge
    Favorite Pokemon: Cinccino, can't hate the model!
    Favorite Move: Recover, because its amazing to see how one can heal itself can do!
    Reason for joining: Normal types are great. Only one weakness, to fighting. Its the next next best thing to having no weakness!
    Nickname: Sector is what I'd love to be called by. So Sector!
    Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name: Cinccino. Giving her the most beautiful name ever, Shana!
    Answer to the current topic: I believe I already answered the current topic, so I will bring a new one up (Since its in need of a new topic, imo).. Which Generation 1 Moon Stone evolution Pokemon do you prefer & explain: Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff vs Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
    Would you like to receive private messages when new features and games are added to the club? YES/NO: Sure, why not?

Snowdrop

Years
  • Woo okay sorry for the hour wait! Topic accepted, thank you for that! Never would have thought of it on my own. And Cinccino is adorable, I love the little scarf thing :'3

And as for the new topic, I personally prefer Clefable. I judge Pokemon almost exclusively by design and I think the Clef's have the best designs, although Iggly and Jiggly take the cake for cuteness.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Thank you for changing that, Avishka, and thank you for the compliment ^3^
    welcome, no problem!!

Alrighty, folks, the Drawing Contest you should have received a notification about has officially begun. Did any of you get that PM? Because I haven't gotten a single reply yet...
    i got the PM but i forgot to reply :P :P

Which Generation 1 Moon Stone evolution Pokemon do you prefer & explain: Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff vs Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable???
    I prefer the igglypuff line becuase they all are sooo cute and i love jigglypuff in the anime :P :P

but the Cleffa line has an awesome design

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Haha if I get a notification I forget about it :/ but yeah though as much as I want to participate I'm afraid my uploading skills aren't that good yet :c

Anyways.

Wigglytuff or Clefable? Wigglytuff. Though cleffa is cool I don't really have any memories or that cute factor I feel with igglybuff & co. (yeah PMD) so it's definitely Wigglytuff.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff or Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable

Well this one is pretty easy. The Clefairy family has always been my favourite. While both families may be a nuisance when battling, I find the Clefairy family to be much better to battle with than the Jigglypuff family. They're both durable Normal types, but I feel like Jigglypuff's only purpose is to use Sing and other sleep inducing moves, so that's all I've ever really used it for, ie. I use it to increase the capture rate of legendary Pokémon by making them fall asleep. Clefairy and Clefable however, I've done a two Pokémon run with throughout my Leafgreen once, with Clefable being a complete lifesaver. It was able to learn a lot of helpful moves, and it packed a punch as well has having a pretty decent defense, so it was indeed a helpful Pokémon. So yeah, may be biased on that part, though all in all, I feel like the Clefairy line is just better overall than Jigglypuff, even though I prefer Jigglypuff.

So in short, I prefer the Clefairy line.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    Here is the rest of my sign up.

Nickname: Rocket is fine by me

Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name: Bidoof named UberManagment

Which Generation 1 Moon Stone evolution Pokemon do you prefer & explain: Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff vs Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable..... Wigglytuff (PMD FTW.)

Would you like to receive private messages when new features and games are added to the club? YES/NO: Sure

Snowdrop

Years
  • Thanks for that ^^ Just a reminder ya'll, the Drawing Contest is up and running and nobody's submitted anything... do I need to extend the date?

Years
  • Forgot about this club a bit (sorry0

My resignup!

Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
    Favorite Pokemon: Stoutland
    Favorite Move:
    Return
    Reason for joining:
    Normal types are incredibly diverse and strong which makes them really interesting. I love all the moves they can learn, as well as how strong normal type moves are. Plus, it's really fun to run around the region with a dog or cat!
    Nickname: Golurk? (I assume you mean my nickname)
    Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name:
    Hm. Oh Snap! the wigglytuff (from a nuzlocke run)
    Would you like to receive private messages when new features and games are added to the club? YES/NO
    Uh... I guess yes for now.
    Answer to the current topic: I really like both lines, but I guess I'll say iggly/jiggly/wiggly. Even though both are fun to use, I prefer the iggly's design and jiggly in the anime. Plus, I feel like wiggly is just plain bulkier, for some reason, which I like, even though both are pretty equal (wiggly with more hp while fable has more in defenses)

As for the art contest... I'll try and make something on the computer, for the sake of it! XD I'll edit it in.

edit: Revel in its atrocity! :D

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Forgot about this club a bit (sorry0
    My resignup!
    Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
    Favorite Pokemon: Stoutland
    Favorite Move:
    Return
    Reason for joining:
    Normal types are incredibly diverse and strong which makes them really interesting. I love all the moves they can learn, as well as how strong normal type moves are. Plus, it's really fun to run around the region with a dog or cat!
    Nickname: Golurk? (I assume you mean my nickname)
    Partner Pokemon and Pokemon's name:
    Hm. Oh Snap! the wigglytuff (from a nuzlocke run)
    Would you like to receive private messages when new features and games are added to the club? YES/NO
    Uh... I guess yes for now.
    Answer to the current topic: I really like both lines, but I guess I'll say iggly/jiggly/wiggly. Even though both are fun to use, I prefer the iggly's design and jiggly in the anime. Plus, I feel like wiggly is just plain bulkier, for some reason, which I like, even though both are pretty equal (wiggly with more hp while fable has more in defenses)

As for the art contest... I'll try and make something on the computer, for the sake of it! XD I'll edit it in.

edit: Revel in its atrocity! :D

the images u posted are broken,Golurk.
    nice drawing btw
    a chubby and angry Wigglytuff <3

Snowdrop

Years
  • The art contest was a bomb. Sorry for the one person who entered, nobody else participated. I'll wait until this club gains a good deal of popularity before I do any more contests.
    SUBMISSIONS FOR THE ART CONTEST ARE CLOSED

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff or Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable?

This is a really hard choice you people are horrible making me decide between them ;; Thing is, I hate both of the baby forms (neither of them look fully formed and they're just... ick), I don't like Wigglytuff because it's weak and silly looking, and I don't like Clefairy for the same reason. However, I absolutely adore both Jigglypuff and Clefable so this is where it becomes a hard choice D: I love Jigglypuff based in its personality, its quirkiness, and because it's a lot of fun to use in Brawl (also the duet with Professor Oak which I hope everyone's head x]), but I also love Clefable because it was my first Pokémon to ever reach level 100 and it was so much fun to use whilst playing. Also I gave it the coolest name ever, Moon Pixie c; But yeah, I think I'm gonna go with Clefable because of the bond I have with Moon Pixie so the Clefairy line wins it for me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back