• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Forum Groups: Are They Real?

WeegeeMan

I haz Pokumawnz
Years
  • There's a problem with the groups since you moved them to the forums. They're just random clubs for things! They don't do anything except put your name on a list hardly anybody will ever read. You don't contribute to them and they don't contribute to you! Last week I put up a VERY innovative idea for a real group, but it didn't go through. But the point is, it did more than just sign you up for something that will never do you any good. It was interactive, extended into several other sections, and had all sorts of different parts of the experience. And I couldn't find any other groups that were anything like that. Wake up, people - your clubs are just clubs!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It depends on the club and the effort everyone puts into it. I know for example of one club that the people who joined and contributed all became best friends, and the LGBT alliance can often be a built-in PC support system for people struggling with sexuality. I'm sure there are plenty of clubs like that. :x

If you have a problem with your club being rejected, PM the moderator of the section to dispute the decision. Otherwise, why bother tearing down the other clubs just because yours got rejected? Do you actually have a suggestion to improve the section, or is this just a thread to say that your club got rejected?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The reason your club didn't go through because it really didn't have any purpose. I didn't get what it's meant to do or anything. I liked the effort you put into it, but it really didn't make any sense to me.

Clubs aren't meant to be full of big debates or anything like that, they're simply there just for fun to discuss your interests with other people. It's been always like that, and some clubs are even more than that with fun activities and such. Some clubs die fast, sure, but some club owners maybe busy, or the club's purpose is just not interesting enough.
    Remember, they're called fanclubs.

Feel free to talk to me about this via PM for now, since a thread about this was really unnecessary. ;(

Years
  • The Social Groups section was actually younger than Pokemon Groups and Other Clubs by several years. Social Groups weren't added until around 2008, I think, while Pokemon Groups and Other Clubs have been around since at least 2004. Social Groups were removed because they were very inactive and were taking away some of the activity from the two Club forums.

And the level of user interactivity for those clubs is up to the members of those clubs and the leaders of those clubs. Look at successful clubs like the Team Rocket Fan Club. They've been running for a while because of an active member base that votes in a new leader if the current leader steps down or disappears.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In my personal opinion, The PokeCommunity LGBTQIPAAOS Alliance alone is a very interactive club, with debates happening all the time and members giving support to those who need it. It is a haven for those who are struggling with their sexuality and a refuge for those for that same reason.

Back