• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The funny and unrealistic aspects of Pokemon - Discuss!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    4. Why does it say in the Pokedex, the animal names? Ex. Tiny Bird Pokemon. There are no such things are birds... (don't say it is to compare it in real life, since Oak gets research from this. nor don't say that they have real animals, since I assure you in Pokemon, they don't. When people say Pokemon, they mean ALL animals in the Poke word).

He may not, but I will, cause I'm feeling evil! Muhahahah!

A few animals apparently existed in the pokémon world at some point. Coral and normal fish co-exist with pokémon in the show, and mongoose lived (Zangoose may have descended from normal mongoose, but that's a story for another time) in the distant past.

:8:X.X:8:

*Thread-read fail*

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't know whether or not this has been covered, but I've always wondered why the hero couldn't grab a flashlight instead of having to use an HM. HMs were the most bothersome elements of the game, in my experience. For Cut they could have given me an axe; for Rock Smash I could have been given a hammer; etc.

The same reason that there seem to be no weapons, people never found a need to develope them because Pokemon did it for them. For Flash, flashlights are confirmed to exist in the Pokemon World, but it's probably because flash works so much better. Instead of a 2 foot wide 10 foot long beam of light, flash illuminates either the whole area(Gen. 1 and 2) or about 30 feet all around you(Gen. 3 and 4)

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
    one thing i don't get about the games is they have the technology to turn monsters into energy and store them in little balls but they don't have cars or paved roads how do people who don't have pokemon get around

On the games they do have bicycles that people could ride around on and bikers have motorbikes also on the original games they do have a truck in vermilian port so there could be vehicles around.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Trucks exist (R\B\G\Y\FR\LG) as well as ships in every game and trains (G\S\C\HG\SS), so cars probably exist too. \; i dont know why there aren't roads, though. :\

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    In the Games
    Umm, most of the unrealistic aspects of Pokemon is just because of videogame mechanics. I know that they can't make a separate sprite to show how old a Pokemon is(so Vulpix' tails, Kangaskhan born with a baby, and Mantine born with Remoraids aren't a problem). I know that the game just represents a building as a small little sprite, yet inside, it's so large(that's because it's a videogame), and there are so many things I understand why Pokemon doesn't have it, including the cars, bathroom, and etc. (cars are not needed because what do they have to do with the game? the game is about catching pokemon and becoming a pokemon master, this isn't the sims.)

In the Anime
    There are cars and trucks in the game, they just aren't seen much of the time. there are other animals in the anime. Ash makes a joke about cowpies, and if cows didn't exist in Pokemon, what would a cowpie be, and why did Misty hit ash on the head for making such a bad-humored joke?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    There is birds in anime, it can be heard from the bird sounds in forests. /sherlock
    I also think that TMs/HMs are teached to pokemon by just training them, not giving anything, think this has been mentioned before in topic?

Ayselipera

I don't know if this has already been discussed, I just don't feel like looking through everything.

It always annoyed me how in the games you can't just swim like other people. You always have to wait to get the HM Surf. I mean I understand that it creates some challenge to the game, but atleast after getting the HM I would like to try swimming.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't know if this has already been discussed, I just don't feel like looking through everything.

It always annoyed me how in the games you can't just swim like other people. You always have to wait to get the HM Surf. I mean I understand that it creates some challenge to the game, but atleast after getting the HM I would like to try swimming.

The protagonist of the game didn't learn how to swim.
    Besides, you know that it is used to limit where you can move.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years

Yeah I don't think a ten year old is capable of swimming across the ocean. lol

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

I have a question though; how can pokemon use dive on the ground and dig on the water?
    The most logical conclusion I can come up with is that they change "types" and suddenly they become the reverse.
    I was also going to ask how you can surf on a fainted pokemon, but I guess you can just ride on their floating corpse back to shore since swimming is just so impossible in the games.

Actually, it's impossible to do that in the mystery dungeon games (to use dig on water and vice verca, that is), so I guess those games are more "realistic".

What's wrong with paddling aboard a floating corpse? lol

Years
    A real animal I can ever recall was one of the episodes of Pokemon where there was that "Ghost Girl" Brock was in love with. The animal was that mongoose trying to eat Ekans or something.Also i'm positive that there is real animals,just not commonly shown. If there weren't Ash and everybody else would be eating Miltanks,Magikarps,etc.
    Possible spoilers for people who have not played HG/SS Yet:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Yeah I don't think a ten year old is capable of swimming across the ocean. lol

Yet there are 7 year old kids on tubbies swimming in the ocean. Even if it is with a floaty there still in the ocean while I'm on a pokemon.

olearye273

im English and i dont like tea
    Years
    well this might be a really stupid point but some of the super effective moves are quite silly e.g: why is water effective against rock??? it's impossible!!!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Water erodes rocks. There's a meaning for all type match-ups. Although some types that should be effective (e.g. Water super effective to Steel), aren't.

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Regarding the Trade Machines...

A Pokemon that's already been caught is imprinted with its PokeBall serial number and Trainer ID number. Due to the link between the PokeBall and PokeDex, it is likely that a Ball also has the Trainer's ID in it. If you were to just give your PokeBall to another person, the Trainer IDs embedded in the Ball and Pokemon wouldn't respond to the new Trainer. What are the consequences of this? Most likely, the Ball wouldn't release the Pokemon.

Back