• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The games would look awesome in Octopath Traveler style

Years
Spoiler:

I've mentioned this a few times already but I really love this style and think the games would look so good using something similar for their art direction. Especially since some people love the pixel art and this style combines that with 3D, which can be a good way to keep Pokémon games looking 'modern.'

Anyone else absolutely love this style and want to see Pokémon make a game looking similar??

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Online now
Personally likes the idea. Always enjoyed pixel art. Worries a little about how expressive you can make Pokemon in that style. Managed okay in older generations, though.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
I think that a mainline game would look really good in this style and it would certainly run much better. We'd need leave the sandbox and return to the linear route design to make the most of it, which I'm kind of in favor of. I'm sure there would be people who complain and say they like 3D better. However, this style would be absolutely perfect for a Mystery Dungeon title. It's stylish and cozy and the perfect presentation format for the series of mini-adventures that those games offer.

Years
Art style will always be a matter of preference. Never played the game mentioned, but the provided screenshots to me are inferior to the current 3D style, so no I'm not interested in seeing a Pokemon game in such a style.

Back