• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    I want more fire and electric types, especially early in the game, and I mean a good electric type, one that learns good electric attacks, even pikachu learned thunderbolt.

I want to walk DIAGONALLY

I want the gym leaders to actually enforce rules like, three pokemon only kind of thing, and they are always your level, except for their last pokemon which would be like two levels stronger than your strongest pokemon, even if level 100.

The ability to get some tms again (Stealth Rock)

an ability like intimidate but for special attack.

when i use fly i would like to be able to fly over anywhere and land anywhere in the pokemon region.

want a pokemon war story line (like the eighth movie, you know what I'm talking about)

romantic love interest.

but most of all i want A DAD

Years
  • Ive realized that the first DS games were basically all 3D (Animal Crossing : Wild World, Suer Mario 64 DS, Nintendogs)

But nowadays, alot of games are not...

The new Pokemon game, even if its just a spin-off, should be totally 3D.

Real-time battling, cuztomizable character, whole new region, and awesome graphics.

Character talks, story is non-linear, and you can do whatever you want. Dailyi stufff, like daily characters, you can meet guys from anime or whatever, but its not apart of the story. You dont have to. And, like, evil team doesnt matter! you may bump into them, but they arnt apart of the story really.

I would really like to see a 3D non-linear MySims kinda game!

Years
  • wow, I didn't know this thread was here
    yeah I think the starters will always be the same types, like Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander, Chikorita/Totadile/Cyndaqil, Treeko/Mudkip/Torchic
    it's always been grass water fire, and it's a little late to change

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I can't beleive they haven't made a dragon/fire type
    I'm pretty sure all dragon types can learn flamethrower excluding palkia

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I agree that the starters will remain grass/fire/water. Its unlikely to be dark/psychic/fighting as it upsets the balance because dark is immune to psychic not resistant, unless they change it to a mere resistance. there are other triangles but most of them just appear to be sheer coincidences, wheras the GFW triangle represent the 'core' types, as well as staying true to the series roots, we dont want a sonic on our hands here.

On the matter of new pokemon, there are some really obvious type combos that really need to be explored, notably the dragon type, ice type and dark type. I would pesonally like to see a fire/grass type that uses photosynthesis to control fire abilities and a Ice/Dragon pokemon, or maybe a trio of legendary dragons.

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    A new gen of pokemon is coming

With HGSS coming out soon a new version of pokemon is on its way, it could take 2+ years though.

Ruby + Sapphire = Emerald, then Fire red/leaf green after those came diamond and pearl, so looking at the past of pokemon a new version comes!

Years
  • So it's a new version of a game that's coming out? I always wondered what names they'd be called since they are running out of cool colors? haha

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    there alread is a trio of legendary dragons
    palkia,dialga and giratina

Kenji-1484

I'm actually quite scared of the new Pokémon they'll make. O_O Dun dundun...

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • I hope the list of new pokemon doesn't end.... but I just wish that pokemon had a darker storyline...... I mean come on. It's always the same storyline with a same result. Wish it was more like an ACTUAL RPG.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I hope the list of new pokemon doesn't end.... but I just wish that pokemon had a darker storyline...... I mean come on. It's always the same storyline with a same result. Wish it was more like an ACTUAL RPG.

What? Having an evil genius plotting to destroy the universe wasn't dark enough for you? Pokemon has never been good with dark storylines, the concept of the games is too silly for it.

Bad Guy: "BLARGH!! I am a dark, brooding, antisocial, and mentally disturbed villain, and I've come up with a plot to destroy humanity using a legendary uber-powerful pogeymonz!!"
    hero: "not if I have anything to do with it!! I'll battle you with an intimidating pokemon a man of science gave me for research purposes, and if I win, you have to be good."
    Bad Guy: "Okay, go Golbat!"
    Hero: "Go Fireblasty! Use Fire Blast!!"
    *Golbat dies*
    Bad guy: "honoes!! I'll be good, I promise"
    Hero: "I saved the day, I guess it's safe to say!!"

yeah...>_>

Years
  • What? Having an evil genius plotting to destroy the universe wasn't dark enough for you? Pokemon has never been good with dark storylines, the concept of the games is too silly for it.

Bad Guy: "BLARGH!! I am a dark, brooding, antisocial, and mentally disturbed villain, and I've come up with a plot to destroy humanity using a legendary uber-powerful pogeymonz!!"
    hero: "not if I have anything to do with it!! I'll battle you with an intimidating pokemon a man of science gave me for research purposes, and if I win, you have to be good."
    *Golbat dies*

yeah...>_>
    *Applauds* Bravo bravo! There def. should be a more in-depth story. I guess they make it simple for the kiddies... >_<

peteron85

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I think that platinum had a few good pokemon , but most of them werent very intresting. I think they would have run out of ideas after making Archeus, CREATOR OF POKEMON. I enjoy the older pokemon more, but i still design new ones occasionally. But if its good, a new series could be intresting

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
    Years
  • 5th gen's 2 games will be:

Pepsi and Coka-Cola version, just so gamefreak can cash in on even more retarded stuff.
    tru storie eye swer

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Well, Platinum was a LITTLE BIT darker thanks to the torn world. And yes Timbjerr, I'm talking about DARK, like really dark to the point of the world actually being in ACTUAL THREAT from world destruction, and the hero saves the day. Not just some ridiculous threat by this big evil dude who's going to "take over the world." I want a more malevolent organization. Not just some buffoons who are way to easy to be taken down.

And it'd be nice to see if we had a love story as well.

I know, I know! I'm crazy!! But this is WHAT I REALLY WANT.

@Yaliw: What do you mean by coca-cola and pepsi version?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • What? Having an evil genius plotting to destroy the universe wasn't dark enough for you? Pokemon has never been good with dark storylines, the concept of the games is too silly for it.

*Golbat dies*

yeah...>_>

Sorry but that dialogue can't be taken into account for most of the villans. They dissapear in the end, but don't promise to be good. I honestly have never heard Cyrus or Giovanni saying: I promise I will be good. They always seem to hold grudges against us.

On topic: Yeah! A new new generation is gonna come real soon!

Mxp

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Lol what could they use? pokemon onyx perhaps? or maybe something simple like pokemon purple

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back