• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Rock/Fighting/Flying comes to mind, and I'm sure there are others but I can't remember them all.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Well, I think that the starters are Fire, Grass, and Water because those three types are a "strength-weakness triangle" being that all three are weak to another type in the triangle, and stronger than another type in the triangle, so battles with friends will be more exciting, as well as a challenge defeating your rival.

I don't believe there are any other three types that contrast like this... am I wrong?

i was talking the type of animal they took from, but yes, you are right

Years
  • Well, I think that the starters are Fire, Grass, and Water because those three types are a "strength-weakness triangle" being that all three are weak to another type in the triangle, and stronger than another type in the triangle, so battles with friends will be more exciting, as well as a challenge defeating your rival.

I don't believe there are any other three types that contrast like this... am I wrong?
    There are other triangles if you look, but a lot of them involve Fire, Grass or Water like Poison/Grass/Ground or Steel/Rock/Fire.

Years
  • I think grass and fire would just not work seeing the two elements don't go together.
    I would like to see, Grass/Dragon

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    You know what I'd really like to see? No HMs. None at all. Sure, they've been in since the beginning, but to be honest they're not a very good idea. They instantly restrict your choices for a moveset, and even your choices in pokemon. Since Surf is so integral to gameplay, plus the introductions of Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dive, you're forced to have a water-type in your team. And since Fly is neccasary for easily getting around the region, you have to have a Flying-type as well. And having a HM slave is no good, it still restricts your team, and the last game had 8 HMs, so you had to have two HM slaves! All in all, HMs make the game less fun. So we should do away with them, and replace them with Key Items that you acquire as the plot demands it, to steer you the correct way around the region. HM moves would become available as HMs/learned naturally by pokemon, so useful in-battles moves like Surf would still be able to be acquired. The following Items could be introduced to correspond to each HM.

Flash - Flashlight
    Cut - Machete/Chainsaw
    Surf - Boat (upgraded later to a faster Speedboat)
    Fly - Jetpack (Because jetpacks are inherently awesome)
    Dive - Scuba Kit (Probably wouldn't be necessary plotwise, but I found going underwater quite fun, and you'd be able to catch extra pokemon down there)
    Rock Climb - Mountaineering Kit
    Waterfall - Waterfall-climbing Kit (as an extension to the Mountaineering Kit)
    Rock Smash - Pickaxe/Drill

I haven't included Whirlpool or Defog, as they were stupid ideas. I couldn't think of anything for Strength, but since Rock Smash carries out more or less the same function nowadays anyway, I didn't think it was worth it. You could always make the Drill an upgrade from the Pickaxe, and you would be able to break through tougher rocks.

Anyone agree with me?

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • You know what I'd really like to see? No HMs. None at all. Sure, they've been in since the beginning, but to be honest they're not a very good idea. They instantly restrict your choices for a moveset, and even your choices in pokemon. Since Surf is so integral to gameplay, plus the introductions of Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dive, you're forced to have a water-type in your team. And since Fly is neccasary for easily getting around the region, you have to have a Flying-type as well. And having a HM slave is no good, it still restricts your team, and the last game had 8 HMs, so you had to have two HM slaves! All in all, HMs make the game less fun. So we should do away with them, and replace them with Key Items that you acquire as the plot demands it, to steer you the correct way around the region. HM moves would become available as HMs/learned naturally by pokemon, so useful in-battles moves like Surf would still be able to be acquired. The following Items could be introduced to correspond to each HM.

Flash - Flashlight
    Cut - Machete/Chainsaw
    Dive - Scuba Kit (Probably wouldn't be necessary plotwise, but I found going underwater quite fun, and you'd be able to catch extra pokemon down there)

I haven't included Whirlpool or Defog, as they were stupid ideas.I couldn't think of anything for Strength, but since Rock Smash carries out more or less the same function nowadays anyway, I didn't think it was worth it. You could always make the Drill an upgrade from the Pickaxe, and you would be able to break through tougher rocks.

Anyone agree with me?

What do you think about muscles ? :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    You know what I'd really like to see? No HMs. None at all. Sure, they've been in since the beginning, but to be honest they're not a very good idea. They instantly restrict your choices for a moveset, and even your choices in pokemon. Since Surf is so integral to gameplay, plus the introductions of Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dive, you're forced to have a water-type in your team. And since Fly is neccasary for easily getting around the region, you have to have a Flying-type as well. And having a HM slave is no good, it still restricts your team, and the last game had 8 HMs, so you had to have two HM slaves! All in all, HMs make the game less fun. So we should do away with them, and replace them with Key Items that you acquire as the plot demands it, to steer you the correct way around the region. HM moves would become available as HMs/learned naturally by pokemon, so useful in-battles moves like Surf would still be able to be acquired. The following Items could be introduced to correspond to each HM.

Flash - Flashlight
    Cut - Machete/Chainsaw

I haven't included Whirlpool or Defog, as they were stupid ideas. I couldn't think of anything for Strength, but since Rock Smash carries out more or less the same function nowadays anyway, I didn't think it was worth it. You could always make the Drill an upgrade from the Pickaxe, and you would be able to break through tougher rocks.

Anyone agree with me?
    A Pokemon with an HM move doesn't restrict you in normal gameplay. You can easily beat the entire game with one Pokemon and several "slaves".

But if you mean competitively, then yeah. You still don't need to have them in your team. I don't agree with you because it goes entirely against what Pokemon is about.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    A Pokemon with an HM move doesn't restrict you in normal gameplay. You can easily beat the entire game with one Pokemon and several "slaves".

But if you mean competitively, then yeah. You still don't need to have them in your team. I don't agree with you because it goes entirely against what Pokemon is about.

I didn't mean competitively. Sure, you can still easily beat the game with HM moves, but it's much less fun if you can't make room for your favourite pokemon because you have to use ones that learn the right HMs. Or you can't use a more interesting move like Muddy Water on your Swampert, you have to use Surf. On every single water pokemon. On every single game you've ever played. It doesn't make it difficult, just boring.

And what do you mean by it "going entirely against what pokemon is about"?

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
  • I want to see a Peacock pokemon. Lol.
    And farfetch'd evolve.
    And maybe a baby form of kanguskhan, you think that would be obvius.
    Like have the mother behind it or idk..
    Delibird evolve.
    Or maybe a whole generarion on prehistoric/Dinosaur!/fossil Pokemon.
    It could work..

Idunno, I got more ideas, though prolly not origanal..

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • There needs to be a new type:) Maybe light pokemon??? It would be hard to diffrentiate them from electric pokemon though lol. I would really want the spriting dynamics to be alot different. I thought gen 3 had better graphics than gen 4. We also need to see a three headed dragon pokemon. Possibly a legendary??

Not to sound completely stupid, but is there going to be a gen 5?, or is this all purely speculation?

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    It hasn't been officially confirmed, but logic and common sense say that there will be.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • One thing I've been thinking is that WE NEED HATRED-BASED EVOLUTIONS. We have Return and Frustration as moves... but only happiness effects evolution? I think it could bring some very interesting alternate evolutions for pokemon that currently evolve with happiness. I mean, Pichu + minimum happiness + 1 level... that'll much more interesting for a generation's Pikachu-clone than a squirrel with yellow cheeks. Then there's Togepi, Budew, Riolu... if they evolve into bright, happy, heroic pokemon when they're happy, it only makes sense that they would evolve into a dark, mean pokemon if they hate their trainer.

WHOO! sombody agrees! Hatred based evos!

Like:

instead of: golbat + happiness + level up = Crobat...

golbat + Hatred + level up = Crobat!

an absol evo

absol + hatred + level up = Absolord! (i don't know i just made it up!)

I wouldn't like it if they changed the starters from Fire, Grass and Water. I think that even though the game will be completely different, it will still have its three starters of those types and the familiarity will appeal to buyers.
    That's my theory anyway.
    I AGREE!
    3. Being able to design your own avatar.
    4. Maybe dressing your pokémon. But just in things like hats or scarves or something.
    5. Having companions on your trip? Maybe even being able to control them too?
    6. Being able to set up camp rather than having a secret base. A Collapsible tent maybe? That would be quite cool. But you could only set it up in certain places.
    I AGREE!

Camping. Great!
    Set up a tent in the middle of the route to save, and then when you play again you wake up and put the tent away.

yes customizing you pokemon with a scarf or gloves or something.

Hm ?? Stampede like ride your pokemon on plains and fields.

DARK TYPE GYM!

what about this ( dodging attack )
    if a pokemon will have high speed... dodging will increase
    -so, for a pokemon with speed 10 will be hard to hit a pokemon with [let's say] 50-

i think it'll be tougher to play the game

yes. uber idea.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Hmm. I'd like to see a Tauros evolution. And the ability to ride Pokemon lol.

Also, being able to plug your DS into your computer and transfer in a set of custom avatars. Nintendo could have a library of them for free download and then you could make your own too.

lurker

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • i'd like to see more pokemon needing stones to evolve,
    sharpedo should evolve into a full bodied shark

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I'd like to se sprites for pokemon when they take damage. one sprite for "not very effective" moves, one for "normal damage" moves, and one for "super-effective moves".
    that'd be awesome.
    and if pokemon had different sprites for physical and spesial damage, that'd be Uber!
    XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back