• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    More pokemon like there was in gen 1. We don't see pokémon like voltorb, electrode, koffing, muk or digglet... We don't see pokemon like that in these last 2 gens... Now all pokemon have to look "cool".

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think we could be only one gen away from Trainer Customization. I hope so at least.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Do you think there will be a ???-type Arceus in Gen V?
    (It's impossible for Gen IV, since there is no item that codes for it.)

If it was made, it would probably have a "??? Plate" or something that would boost the only ???-type damaging attack (Judgment) by 20%, and it would have no weaknesses or resistances.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    You know what I would like to see in the 5th generation is some new eeveelutions such as a dragon type eevee and a poison type eevee. Also I'd like to see some new pokemon types such as fire/grass (breaking the physics but hey, it's pokemon, anything is possible) and ghost/fight (a unique combination).

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    If they do add a new generation, god I hope they don't add more legendaries! Stop with the "Pokemon religion" bs, and if.. they do decide to add new Pokemon, I hope they fired the last animators for DPT cause most of the new ones look absolutely ridiculous.. I mean come on.. Bidoof? Bronzor? I could draw better ones myself.. And what happened to Lickitung/Magmar/Rhydon/Magneton!? Total-makeover nightmare?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    There are other triangles if you look, but a lot of them involve Fire, Grass or Water like Poison/Grass/Ground or Steel/Rock/Fire.

...Or Ground/Steel/Ice (or something like that, I forgot exactly).

I think grass and fire would just not work seeing the two elements don't go together.
    I would like to see, Grass/Dragon

A jalapeño Pokémon is doable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Steel/Ice/Ground would be amazing.

But the one thing I really want is...

Castform to evolve like Burmy; depending on it's current form.

That would be epic, but they have to make the evos good looking.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Steel/Ice/Ground wouldn't work because Ground is neutral to Ice, rather than being "not very effective". I've actually done a bit of research on the triangles, and there are only four that work, all super-effective one way round, and not very effective the other.

Fire/Grass/Water - Obviously.
    Steel/Rock/Fire - Can see it working, but it contains Fire.
    Poison/Grass/Ground - Has the same problem as above, containing Grass.
    Fighting/Rock/Flying - Would be the best due to not including any of the original triangle, but as Flying is simply a sub-type it doesn't seem likely.

EDIT: And on the subject of Castform, he should so get a Rock-type Sandstorm form.

CSonic_

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    More battle animation. I want the sprites to move in battle. Like for Mach Punch, I want to be able to see my Pokemon getting ready to punch and actually punch. The opponent Pokemon should also have animations of them flinching because of attacks and stuff. (New moves would be nice, too)

This is a great idea. The animation for some moves are so boring. The pokemon really should move when there doing a move.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    More pokemon like there was in gen 1. We don't see pokémon like voltorb, electrode, koffing, muk or digglet... We don't see pokemon like that in these last 2 gens... Now all pokemon have to look "cool".

Yeah, like Buneary, right. :P

Anyways, I think they should release new Pokemon more often, while having a whole explorable updating region for Wi-Fi.

Yeah, I know, pretty farfetched.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    i do think dark/psychic/fighting starters would be interesting but i think starters are still grass/fire/water anyways.

oh, and a dark-type gym! :3
    and a character customization such as dress-up would be interesting.

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
    Years
    I'm guessing the new Generation pokemons will be more "new" pokemon instead of older evolutions or new evolutions of previous pokemon. Probably they will add a new type. I hope they do. And they could also add in some more pokemon that didint occupied some animal's, Like Pandas , Dolphins, Lemours, Lion and more.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    what they need to do for gen 5 is completely start from scratch (instead of what they did in Gen 4) I beleive in the 1 mistake rule- which means they have 1 more chance to do right

Zephyr Wind

West Wind
    Years
    Maybe there should be a legendary for natural disasters, like an earthquake pokemon, or a tsunami pokemon.

Yeah, a Tsunami one would be really cool. (although Kyogre is kinda a tsunami pokemon....)
    A Tornado or Hurricane would be pretty interesting as well.

There really should be a Fire/Dragon, I mean, aen't dragons supposed to breath fire? Instead there are all these water dragons like kingdra, gyaradoes, milotic, etc.

Garchomp shoud be able to use Fly.
    There should be more Special Based Dragon-types. Every dragon seems to be special based.
    There also should be more pure flying types.

I think that there should be more pokemon counterpart-e.g. Alakazam and Gengar, Slowpoke and Psyduck, Ninetales and arcanine etc.
    There should also be a radioactive pokemon.
    I think that there should be more metallic types, other that steel, like copper or gold.
    I think that there should be a kind of space thingy, where you can go on a rocket and catch pokemon on different planets-e.g. fire type on Mars, dark types on pluto, Water on neptune etc.
    And i also think that there should be a Star pokemon.
    Some weaknesses/resistences don't really make sense-e.g. Dragon weak to Ice, Flying weak to rock. What?? I thin that Nintendo should fix that.
    There should be pokemon that have higher stats than the Deoxys Formes, cuz it doesnt really seem fair that some real Attackers like Rampardoes get pushed down to second place.
    I think that there should be more powerful Dark type moves.

Phew, that was a lllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg list

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    There really should be a Fire/Dragon, I mean, aen't dragons supposed to breath fire? Instead there are all these water dragons like kingdra, gyaradoes, milotic, etc.

Agreed on the Fire/Dragon thing, but Gyrados and Milotic are not Dragon-types, but inexplicably Palkia is, who you forgot.

Garchomp shoud be able to use Fly.

Agreed.

There should be more Special Based Dragon-types. Every dragon seems to be special based.

Huh? If every Dragon is special-based, why do you want more?

There also should be more pure flying types.

I think that there should be a pure flying type, and it should be a very special legendary. Since flying has been firmly established as a sub-type, introducing one pure flying legendary is a sure-fire way to make that legendary immediately distinctive.

There should also be a radioactive pokemon.

Agreed.

I think that there should be more metallic types, other that steel, like copper or gold.

The Steel-type covers all kinds of metal.

Some weaknesses/resistences don't really make sense-e.g. Dragon weak to Ice, Flying weak to rock. What?? I thin that Nintendo should fix that.

I disagree. Only a few weaknesses/resistances really make sense (water puts out fire, bugs eat plants, cold weather freezes the ground) and if we stuck with only them there would be very few weaknesses/resistances overall, and so the types would be all unbalanced. The nonsensical ones are introduced to even out the types.

While we're hovering around the subject, I have to say that Grass-types need a serious boost. Their attacks are weak against a massive SEVEN types, and yet strong against only three. Poison-types also need a boost, and Water-types need a little but of a nerf - only two weakness - Electric and Grass, and every water-type can learn Ice moves, meaning that basically their only weakness is Electric.

There should be pokemon that have higher stats than the Deoxys Formes, cuz it doesnt really seem fair that some real Attackers like Rampardoes get pushed down to second place.

But Deoxys is an Uber anyway, so Rampardos still has the highest attack in regular play. If anything had higher stats than Deoxys, then it would also be an Uber and unusable in normal play.

I think that there should be more powerful Dark type moves.

Yep, agreed, and the same goes for Ghost.

Phew, that was a lllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg list

Not really. I like long posts, they're much more interesting to read. :)

Last edited:

CalumAJ99

Objection overruled.
    Years
    -A darker, grittier region to explore - or at least a region with gritty areas/towns. Something like what Orre was in Colosseum/XD.
    -Make the "main villain organisation" seem more... evil, and dark. Don't make them just a "lolz were gonna kidnapz duh legendary pokeymanz oh no a 10 yer old boi defetud uz". And don't make them have countless Zubats.
    -Make them have a darker intent than just kidnapping a legendary Pokemon and using its powers. Cipher was something unique regarding the "main villain organisation" thing as it tried to use the powers of Pokemon as a whole, creating (essentially) a new type altogether - one with a higher power than before. And make them seem like a threat for the general public - like, they're really, REALLY infamous, instead of a few random people saying "Oh, you know Team Ridiculous Name? I hear they're doing horrible stuff to Pokemon!".
    -Make the "big boss" of the "main villain organisation" really freaking insane, but with a convincing intent if you look at it in a different angle. Like, seeing all humans as evil, because they force Pokemon to fight each other for nothing more than a laugh, if you think about it. But of course, he'd be a hypocrite and a mass murderer to make you soon forget about feeling guilty (which you shouldn't anyway - they're only pixels. The idea's just to add depth and darkness to the plot).
    -Have the rival work for the "main villain organisation", but you don't know it at the start. So at the start, you meet him, and he just appears to be a thug and a thief, then you find out his intentions and the fact he's working for the MVO, then towards the end you find out why he's a member, and it's a sad and dark tale which makes you feel sorry for him. But really, I just don't want your rival to be your BFF who is no threat.
    -Involve the politics of the region. Maybe they're a motive behind the MVO's plans? Maybe the goverment of the region is corrupt, and are semi-bad guys in their own right?
    -Have more variety for the gym leaders. I don't mind having mono-type gyms like we've had for the last 4 generations, just don't let them have two/three of the same Pokemon/Pokemon that are in the same evolutionary line. I mean, there are lots of different Pokemon with different type combinations - for example, in terms of grass Pokemon, there's Grass/Poison combos, Grass/Dark, Grass/Water... yet alot of gym leaders have just plain old "Grass" Pokemon. Spice things up a bit!
    -After the Elite Four, let us beat the Elite Four of the previous regions. Or maybe, let's say, if you beat the first region, then beat a previous region in general ala G/S/C (Sinnoh or Hoenn are most likely), you can go to the remaining region's Elite Fours. How does that sound?
    -The "skill spot" (reserve HMs for two extra move slots which can't be used in battle) is a good idea.
    -Have a kind of "Sky Fortress Machine", owned by the MVO, attack the "capital city" of the region towards the end of the game, and you have to stop it. You'd fight your rival for the last time quite early into the fortress, before he breaks down and decides to help you fight the MVO final boss. I dunno, I think it would be better and more realistic than just YOU passing through the fortress and fighting the final boss, considering your rival would know his way around it, and know any traps and stuff.
    -Customised trainer clothes and stuff, please. Also, perhaps as rewards for beating the Elite Four, you could unlock previous trainers' (like Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.) clothes, and maybe even Mario's or Link's clothes (would help Nintendo promote any Mario or Zelda game out within that time).
    -If you're gonna have the "normal/flying/bug" thing they do in terms of Pokemon you catch in the early routes in the beginning of the game, why not expand on that? Like you can catch a number of normal/flying/bug type Pokemon near the beginning of the game, so 1st gen fans could catch a Rattata/Pidgey/Caterpie for preference, and 3rd gen fans could catch Zigzagoone/Tailow/Wurmple for preference.
    -A good, fast online service on Wi-Fi, with online gyms, tournaments, leagues, etc. all set up within a couple of button presses.

Zephyr Wind

West Wind
    Years
    Huh? If every Dragon is special-based, why do you want more?

It was actually a typo, actually meant to say that there are waaayy too many physical based dragons

I think that there should be a pure flying type, and it should be a very special legendary. Since flying has been firmly established as a sub-type, introducing one pure flying legendary is a sure-fire way to make that legendary immediately distinctive.

Actually, Lugia happens tobe a pure flying type tha's a legendary.

The Steel-type covers all kinds of metal.

A little unfair, but i guess that's the way it is...

I disagree. Only a few weaknesses/resistances really make sense (water puts out fire, bugs eat plants, cold weather freezes the ground) and if we stuck with only them there would be very few weaknesses/resistances overall, and so the types would be all unbalanced. The nonsensical ones are introduced to even out the types.

While we're hovering around the subject, I have to say that Grass-types need a serious boost. Their attacks are weak against a massive SEVEN types, and yet strong against only three. Poison-types also need a boost, and Water-types need a little but of a nerf - only two weakness - Electric and Grass, and every water-type can learn Ice moves, meaning that basically their only weakness is Electric.

But Deoxys is an Uber anyway, so Rampardos still has the highest attack in regular play. If anything had higher stats than Deoxys, then it would also be an Uber and unusable in normal play.

True, so i think that Nintendo should prune down Deoxys a bit.

Yep, agreed, and the same goes for Ghost.

Yeh i guess. Te strongest ghost and Drk ae both... what? 80 power?

Not really. I like long posts, they're much more interesting to read. :)
    Thanks!

Also I hope that there are a few better Dragon types cuz Garchomp,while Uber and having great stats, wasn't much to look at and it didn't really make sense. Land Shark? What's that supposed to be.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back