• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
Years
  • IF there was a new DS on the horizon then maybe the cartridges would be big enough to hold ALL regions?? I like the orange islands idea! Also a game that follows the anime more closer... Maybe a DS game called PokeMon: Indigo League or something?

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • A tropical region, like the Orange Islands in the anime, wouldn't be such a bad location. The only problem that I can see straight away is that the amount of surfing needed to get from island to island would get boring after a while. Although, this can be overcome by making surfing even faster.

Or doing little cut scenes between each island, like using the boat between the Sevi Islands.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Nobody seems to notice that Ice-Ground-Steel would be a cycle, too. Also, I'd like the storyline to stay the same. It'd just be too different, and I actually like the Pokemon traditions. I'd like Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Team Bosses/Other important NPCs to appear more often, even outside of the Gym/League/Hideout/Other areas, perhaps for rematches or whatever. Fighting Professors would be really fun, like what they WERE going to do in R/G/B.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Ice/Ground/Steel does not work the other way round. And neither does Dark/Psychic/Fighting!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Ice/Ground/Steel does not work the other way round. And neither does Dark/Psychic/Fighting!

Your right, Ice/Ground/Steel wouldn't work.

But Dark/Psychic/Fighting will:

Fighting Super-Effective against Dark, Dark Super-Effective against Psychic, and Psychic Super-Effective against Fighting

I believe we should keep it Fire>Grass>Water

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Psychic > Fighting > Dark would be a nice change from the usual Grass > Water > Fire... But heck, I wouldn't think it a huge loss if Nintendo and Game Freak did the usual trio we're so familiar with.

You know what I would like to see, however? More ghost types; either original or more evos/prevos (preferably ORIGINAL, however)... I want more ghosts. There's only like... what... 14 ghost types total? *checks*

EDIT: 18, not including different form changes (Rotom, Giratina), 17 if you discount Arceus' use of Spooky Plate

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    You know what I would like to see, however? More ghost types; either original or more evos/prevos (preferably ORIGINAL, however)... I want more ghosts. There's only like... what... 14 ghost types total? *checks* __________________

Agreed

And more Grass-types too

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Your right, Ice/Ground/Steel wouldn't work.

Fighting Super-Effective against Dark, Dark Super-Effective against Psychic, and Psychic Super-Effective against Fighting

Ice-Types beat Ground-Types, Ground-Types beat Steel-Types, and Steel-Types beat Ice-Types. It should still remain as the classic G-F-W, though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Psychic > Fighting > Dark would be a nice change from the usual Grass > Water > Fire... But heck, I wouldn't think it a huge loss if Nintendo and Game Freak did the usual trio we're so familiar with.

You know what I would like to see, however? More ghost types; either original or more evos/prevos (preferably ORIGINAL, however)... I want more ghosts. There's only like... what... 14 ghost types total? *checks*

EDIT: 18, not including different form changes (Rotom, Giratina), 17 if you discount Arceus' use of Spooky Plate

Definitely agree. I want to see more ghost types for sure. I'd also love to see a new powerful, high attack Dark type move.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really want to see an alternate Roselia evolution for my own selfish reasons. An only male evolution with higher attack than Special Attack.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Your right, Ice/Ground/Steel wouldn't work.

Yes, but it doesn't work the other way around. Dark is not very effective against Fighting, Fighting is not very effective against Psychic, but Psychic is ineffective against Dark.

Agreed.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Definitely agree. I want to see more ghost types for sure. I'd also love to see a new powerful, high attack Dark type move.

Add a powerful Ghost-type move into that wish too! Every ghost barring Giratina are stuck with Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw as their most powerful Ghost-STAB option, and 80 BP doesn't really cut it D:

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    IF there was a new DS on the horizon then maybe the cartridges would be big enough to hold ALL regions?? I like the orange islands idea! Also a game that follows the anime more closer... Maybe a DS game called PokeMon: Indigo League or something?
    Indigo League is the kanto region. The kanto region has been in every gen so far. And I know Johto is also the Indigo League , but I don't want anymore of that region anytime soon. The games should never have anything Anime related in them.

Or doing little cut scenes between each island, like using the boat between the Sevi Islands.
    That would get pretty boring as well. Surfing wouldn't be too bad, as long as its not how the orange rom hack did it. The gave you a Lapras then forced you to level it up to level 10 so It could learn Surf. Pretty stupid, because you got it at about lv.3 and all the wild pokemon are ... lv.5 I think. Until then you had to stay on the island

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    First person camera option, or zoom or or something similar. I wanted to see so many things from up close... check out the Bellsprout painting, the panels in Ruins of Alph, gaze up at the Sinnoh League building... I bet they could do that too.

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
  • They should make a new type:

Wind
    Love

I watch a lot of captain planet xD!(NOT REALLY.... i WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.)

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I'm sure someone's said it before, but I've got my fingers crossed for a masculine Buneary evolution.

New starter types would certainly be a nice change of pace. Not that Grass/Fire/Water is bad, I'm just so bored having to choose between those every time.

I'd also like to see a more open-ended storyline. Maybe I DON"T want to fight the pokemon league, but as it is if I don't, then some content is blocked from me....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back