• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Now I've got some more wishes for 5 gen:
    Change the Sceptile and Grovyle stats. Their attack should be bigger then special attack! All there movepool talk about that! For Treeko the stats could be the same
    Make HM able to "grow". For example without any badges cut make 20 damage, but with all 6 badges - somewhat anout 90 ant have hight critical chance. So this attacks will be used in fights. Couse now is usable only Surf, Rock Climb and Waterfall. It's not enough!
    Give Pikachu and Raichu the second type. At least it would be second stab
    GIve something to Houndoom. Something that would make him real "Hell hound", not just the medium fire type
    Change Slaking ability from Truant to Pure Power(Thats joke))

Years
  • A narwhal pokemon.

Until such a thing exists, I wont be able to rest at night x]

Another spider pokemon? or Evo for Ariados? A good spider pokemon is overdue.

More pokemon based on mythical creatures (particularily things like Kraken)

Light/Holy and Data/Virus/something to do with computers type. Maybe implementing Shadow type as a permanent type as a rival for light/holy. And of course maybe a space/cosmic type. Although all these types are probably hoping too much.

Changing Probopass' typing to Electric/Steel so its actually really useable.

DUNSPARCE EVO!! Based on Medusa. Light/Flying type?

Oh and Arceus should die just for being way too rediculously powerful and essentially existing as the god and creator of pokemon thus closing the pokedex really.

Obviously customizable trainers would be loved. and a more in-depth plot.
    Maybe the ability to join with a friend and play through the main game as double battles too :3
    I'll probs end up thinking of more xD

xx

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • ● Going with all of the people saying customisable trainer. Yes please. It can't take up much space to allow you to change skin/hair colours/basic clothing style/bags etc. (I want the cool boyish backpack, not some pseudo-handbag that the girl character is forced to carry around).

● A remake of Hoenn. Doesn't have to be the next game, but it would be nice to see. (: I'd especially like to see the Hoenn Battle Frontier brought up to GenIV graphics, but that's because I ♥ my Frontier Brains. I also like the idea of two criminal organisations running rampage like in Emerald. It just seemed to give the game more depth for me. :3

● Badass!Rival. I like the friendly rivals, but I like rivals like Silver more. Heck with it, let's just put Silver's little brother in the game >_>;;

● The NPCs to say slightly more interesting things. After four generations, we don't need people still telling us 'o my Ho-Oh you can store Pokémon in the PC!' like it's a new thing. Even new players can read all of this stuff in the instruction manuals anyway. :/

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • ● Going with all of the people saying customisable trainer. Yes please. It can't take up much space to allow you to change skin/hair colours/basic clothing style/bags etc. (I want the cool boyish backpack, not some pseudo-handbag that the girl character is forced to carry around).

● A remake of Hoenn. Doesn't have to be the next game, but it would be nice to see. (: I'd especially like to see the Hoenn Battle Frontier brought up to GenIV graphics, but that's because I ♥ my Frontier Brains. I also like the idea of two criminal organisations running rampage like in Emerald. It just seemed to give the game more depth for me. :3

● Badass!Rival. I like the friendly rivals, but I like rivals like Silver more. Heck with it, let's just put Silver's little brother in the game >_>;;

● The NPCs to say slightly more interesting things. After four generations, we don't need people still telling us 'o my Ho-Oh you can store Pokémon in the PC!' like it's a new thing. Even new players can read all of this stuff in the instruction manuals anyway. :/

agreed with all of the above. I always wondered why the boys backpack was cooler than the girls. Look at Rubys backpack! That think is freakin awesome! Espically the one in emerald version. ITS GREEN FOR HEAVENS SAKE! cooler backpacks for the girls please nintendo :]

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I believe he was referring the fact that it has already been done in HGSS, so adding it in a 5th gen wouldn't be something completely new.
    And the person you quoted was saying it's pointless to say that as they could have not possibly known about Pokemon following you in HG/SS as their existence wasn't even known at that time.

There needs to a Light Type, and Customizable Trainers. >:[

Seviper33

Poison Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    I have a good idea! What about these types as starters:

Poison
    Grass
    Ground

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Because I would like to see something different than grass, water and fire.
    I think the combination of Fire, Water and Grass is a classic with Pokemon and if it were up to me I would leave things the same. Your choices are smartly thought out though - all of them being strong to one type and weak against the other.

King!

better
    Years
  • But that still includes grass. It could be Flying, Fighting, and Rock. This is because it completes the cycle of beat one and weak against one... Also, Psychic, Dark, and Fighting work. xD But I doubt they'd change it, it's tradition!

EDIT: I. Got. Ninja'd again. D: Well, whatever.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • But that still includes grass. It could be Flying, Fighting, and Rock. This is because it completes the cycle of beat one and weak against one... Also, Psychic, Dark, and Fighting work. xD But I doubt they'd change it, it's tradition!

EDIT: I. Got. Ninja'd again. D: Well, whatever.
    Psychic, Dark and Fighting does sound like an interesting prospect. I certainly would love to play a Pokemon game that includes this starter trio.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • One maaaaajor change :

MAKE AN ALL NEW PLOT !

Aren't you all bored of the 10 yyear kid getting its Fire Water or Grass Starter (this however shouldn't be changed) from Prof. (tree) and then to head out on an adventure to become the Champ , meet Team (any evil name team) then stop them .

SOmething changed , like how the PMD Games introduced something new . Maybe you were an old trainer , maybe an ex prof and now you restart your adventure , or at least make no prof ... I just wanna have an all new original storyline .

Also Hoenn Remakes , customisable trainers and even cutscenes ! :]

King!

better
    Years
  • If you made an all new plot, it would be kind of like a spin-off game, right? The only difference would be the new Pokemon. But, if you were talking about the same collect badges and fight league and stuff but without the evil team and something else, then I suppose it could work. But the evil team is different every time almost, like, a different sstory with them, so is it really necessary? An ex-professor would work, or a new professor, but it wouldn't be that different, as you're still getting a new Pokemon from someone.

Customisable trainers and cutscenes would be cool, especially thye first one, but the Hoenn remakes aren't reall necessary either, because they aren't really nostalgic, and are still on a somewhat recent system.

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • I like the whole older person is called out to help.... Maybe take the storyline of PokeMon 2000 where they have to save the world??

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • One maaaaajor change :

MAKE AN ALL NEW PLOT !

Aren't you all bored of the 10 yyear kid getting its Fire Water or Grass Starter (this however shouldn't be changed) from Prof. (tree) and then to head out on an adventure to become the Champ , meet Team (any evil name team) then stop them .

SOmething changed , like how the PMD Games introduced something new . Maybe you were an old trainer , maybe an ex prof and now you restart your adventure , or at least make no prof ... I just wanna have an all new original storyline .

Also Hoenn Remakes , customisable trainers and even cutscenes ! :]
    Some of these things you mentioned really don't keep with the heritage of a Pokemon games. First of all, does that age of a character really matter? I mean, when I play as a character, I take notice of the way he acts and how he looks, not his age. You guys have to understand that Pokemon is aimed at people of all ages. Once you take the aspect that attracts younger people into playing, namely the main character being young, then Nintendo will lose quite a bit of money as one of their biggest markets are younger people and they need something to relate to unless they'll lose interest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021

Some of these things you mentioned really don't keep with the heritage of a Pokemon games. First of all, does that age of a character really matter? I mean, when I play as a character, I take notice of the way he acts and how he looks, not his age. You guys have to understand that Pokemon is aimed at people of all ages. Once you take the aspect that attracts youunger people into playing, namely the main character being young, then Nintendo will lose quite a bit of money as one of their biggest markets are younger people and they need something to relate to unless they'll lose interest.

Plus, IMHO I think the plot is just fine. Albeit a FEW changes are needed, but nothing major. I still love the "New Trainer sets out, gets his starter, gets 8 badges ( Should maybe increase to maybe 10 badges), defeats evil syndicate, and become the Pokemon League Champion" Plot

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    I would like some originality for starters the urm.. starters should be another type like Normal, Ghost and Fighting or something. And for some reason I'm obsessed with wanting a Zebra and Dolphin Pokemon. It should also be in like a tropical region and the possibilities of going to Johto, Kanto, Orre, Hoenn or Sinnoh. Most hoping Kanto or Orre as they are my favourites :D Possibly bring back Team Rocket or Magma and Aqua as its kind of gay if each region has its own Villianous groups!

But to be honest I don't really see a Gen 5 since they made a God and everything! I probably wouldn't buy it ether as it would be probably be gay. As the games seem to get worst each generation.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • A tropical region, like the Orange Islands in the anime, wouldn't be such a bad location. The only problem that I can see straight away is that the amount of surfing needed to get from island to island would get boring after a while. Although, this can be overcome by making surfing even faster.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Normal, Ghost and Fighting

...This has already been said and its also been said that that triangle WONT work.

Normal doesn't affect Ghost and Ghost doesn't affect Normal >>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back