• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Someone probably already said this but with the theme of black and white, a panda Pokemon would be nice ;3
    There are so many features I could list that I'd love to write up but to spare the details and the fact that most have already been said... I'll just wait and hope~ I hope they don't reveal EVERYTHING (even though I am admittedly eager), I personally like surprises...

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    all i know at this point is i want to know what the heroes Sugimori art looks like

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    STORYLINE: Well, as far as the plotline goes, I, personally, would like to see a darker plotline. Like, the Pokemon Company really needs to understand that they have a realtively large older-aged audience, and even the younger kids would enjoy a pseudo-demonic plotline. I wish they would have something that deals with hell or the like (*GASP* hell in a Pokemon game? It can't be!) I just think it would more interesting and put more of the sense of a REAL issue with the world rather then something simple & cliche-ish, like "Team Rocket is stealing Pokemon, you have to beat the snot out of a few dudes and make them cancel their plans!!" If demonic, all-powerful corrupt Pokemon were rising from the Underworld, and you had to go on an adventure of sorts and follow subtle clues to find a purification device or whatever. No, i'm not talking about the Snag Machine or the like from Collesseum/Gale of Darkness, I mean like extremely hard-to-get devices/minerals. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of blazing through Pokemon games in a matter of hours and be on the elite four after ~2-3 hours played. I know I'm being very general, but I assume you get what I mean.

GAMEPLAY: For gameplay, I picture a 3D-like battling enviornment. Instead of having 2 sprites stand still and have preset graphics be used, the Pokemon actually need to move and collide with each other and a large playing field, while keeping the same turn-based gameplay. It'd be cool if you could use the touch-screen to pre-plot where your pokemon is going to move that turn and what direction it's move is going to be in. If the opposing pokemon's endpoint is not in the range of the attack/pokemon, it's a miss, sort of like the game battleship (lol). I'd also enjoy having specific sequences (I.E. a rocket admin battle) where you would battle out in the open, where you'd see overworld's fighting each other. But as far as the open world goes, from what I've seen, the cities and overworld towns look (excuse my language) totally badass.

Also, I'd REALLY like to see trainer customization. I'm sick and tired of staring at the same character or being stuck with a specific character look. I've seen some screens of the new characters, and frankly they look awful. The male looks like Lance Armstrong in serious need of a haircut, and the female looks like a middle aged woman you would see jogging on the street each morning. I wish I could change the hair and clothes, and continue to get new clothes and such as you progress, and some that will help you with the plotline I.E. a wetsuit to increase surfing speed or for diving, if they re-implement that mechanic. I think, despite it being just days old, hope is lost for G5 and we can only hope for G6+ due to the fact that it seems they already have set characters even though they are absolutely horrifying.

I hope they don't reveal EVERYTHING (even though I am admittedly eager), I personally like surprises...

Yea, me too. I'm trying my best to avoid going to Serebii or PokeBeach, because I want to go into the game completely clueless and have all of these new pokemon pop up. Of course Zorua and Zoroark are already spoiled, but i'm trying to keep my knowledge of new Pokemon at that besides the 2 new B&W Pokemon ( like Palkia to pearl and Dialga to Diamond) because I'm obviously going to see them when I go and pick up the games. I just want these games to be a general surprise :P

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Another thing I thought of. You know how Disney movies throw in things that ammuse the 'parent' audience who have to watch the kidde movie with their kids. And these things go straight over the kids heads but are funny or make since to the parents? Well I think that they should do something like this in these games: Have something that would make since to the older audience but would go straight over the heads of the younger players. I'd love to see this so we could see something fun and interesting to us while keeping the general Pokemon, kid-friendly attitude of the games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope the legendary mascots are a Dragon and a tiger if they don't do the Black turtle and white tiger thing.

I hope these games have a good soundtrack; I liked that of HG and SS

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Someone probably already said this but with the theme of black and white, a panda Pokemon would be nice ;3
    There are so many features I could list that I'd love to write up but to spare the details and the fact that most have already been said... I'll just wait and hope~ I hope they don't reveal EVERYTHING (even though I am admittedly eager), I personally like surprises...

I was totally going to post this before I went to work earlier. I want a Panda to represent the balance between Black and White.

Years
    How about a evolution for chatot that actually looks like a green parrot and is longer and skinnier (yeah I know it's a novelty poke but still). Also what do you guy's think of my Genbu/byakko based mascots idea.

Also how are the manga and anime going to catch up now with the new generation, they are still working on the sinnoh arcs!!!

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    The anime will probably do a series for HGSS, like how they went back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier, making it an effective middle section. If I remember correctly there were fourth gen Pokemon around during that season, it will probably be similar.

Years
    The anime will probably do a series for HGSS, like how they went back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier, making it an effective middle section. If I remember correctly there were fourth gen Pokemon around during that season, it will probably be similar.
    Yeah,but it will take longer time to finish, at least it's only 5 frontier brains not 7 this time.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years

Well, as far as the plotline goes, I, personally, would like to see a darker plotline. Like, the Pokemon Company really needs to understand that they have a realtively large older-aged audience, and even the younger kids would enjoy a pseudo-demonic plotline. I wish they would have something that deals with hell or the like (*GASP* hell in a Pokemon game? It can't be!) I just think it would more interesting and put more of the sense of a REAL issue with the world rather then something simple & cliche-ish, like "Team Rocket is stealing Pokemon, you have to beat the snot out of a few dudes and make them cancel their plans!!" If demonic, all-powerful corrupt Pokemon were rising from the Underworld, and you had to go on an adventure of sorts and follow subtle clues to find a purification device or whatever. No, i'm not talking about the Snag Machine or the like from Collesseum/Gale of Darkness, I mean like extremely hard-to-get devices/minerals. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of blazing through Pokemon games in a matter of hours and be on the elite four after ~2-3 hours played. I know I'm being very general, but I assume you get what I mean.

yeh i totally agree. But i doubt they would implement into these games. the ds can only hold so much too. with the improvement in graphics, the story isn't going to get much longer. which was always a downside of pokemon. but what i dont understand is, if the movies are so dark (well sometimes), why can't they implement them in the games? i remember in the 4th movie how the rocket dude was a mad evil dude and how he turned celebi all dark and made him destroy the forest. In the games, the legendary pokemon come out, and nothing happens! u catch them too quickly! they should let the pokemon rampage a bit b4 anything happens.

Also, I'd REALLY like to see trainer customization. I'm sick and tired of staring at the same character or being stuck with a specific character look. I've seen some screens of the new characters, and frankly they look awful. The male looks like Lance Armstrong in serious need of a haircut, and the female looks like a middle aged woman you would see jogging on the street each morning. I wish I could change the hair and clothes, and continue to get new clothes and such as you progress, and some that will help you with the plotline I.E. a wetsuit to increase surfing speed or for diving, if they re-implement that mechanic. I think, despite it being just days old, hope is lost for G5 and we can only hope for G6+ due to the fact that it seems they already have set characters even though they are absolutely horrifying.
    I know!! when i first saw them i was like....:( why did the go back to caps? and ugly caps at that! the girl looks like she just came out of the pokethlon. her hair is horrible....

Yea, me too. I'm trying my best to avoid going to Serebii or PokeBeach, because I want to go into the game completely clueless and have all of these new pokemon pop up. Of course Zorua and Zoroark are already spoiled, but i'm trying to keep my knowledge of new Pokemon at that besides the 2 new B&W Pokemon ( like Palkia to pearl and Dialga to Diamond) because I'm obviously going to see them when I go and pick up the games. I just want these games to be a general surprise :P

when i played pearl, i hardly new any of the pokemon which was awesome. i didnt even know wat stones did what. so when i discovered that i needed to use the dawn stone on the snorunt and she evolved into the awesome froslass, i freaked which out with so much excitement! they usually don't even show half of the pokemon anyway.
    lol. i tried to submit this message and it wouldnt let me and i thought it was too long, but cause i wrote everything in the quote, it was too short. XD

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would really love to see a hot pink Flying/Fire (Water would not be original) Flamingo Pokemon... Kinda similar to Blaziken only feminine and with small wings.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I would really love to see a hot pink Flying/Fire (Water would not be original) Flamingo Pokemon... Kinda similar to Blaziken only feminine and with small wings.

So then we'd bascially have a femenin counterpart for Blaziken..

hmmm, I dunno why, but I want an actual anime opening for the game, to set it apart from the others.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

So then we'd bascially have a femenin counterpart for Blaziken..

hmmm, I dunno why, but I want an actual anime opening for the game, to set it apart from the others.

Yeah but it would be 2 staged and able to fly, or maybe it would work better with the Water typing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back