• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Well at least they've changed the grass colour, thank god it's not that putrid turquoise colour. I salute you Nintendo =)

And to those of you saying you should have a dating partner/couple system, REMEMBER? Nintendo thinks kids don't know that opposite (and sometimes same) genders get together and date, so they will try to "shield" kiddies from the real world.
    Hm... =_=
    Then why not make a Pkmn game for teens then? ;_;
    That'd be so awesome :D Especially a main series one; I don't want some stupid Sims-wannabe spinoff... (I strongly dislike Sims)

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Is it just me, or do the player characters notably look taller than before?

ZeroHeart

Ace Attorney
    Years
    ...Kickboxing dragon? Well, somethings that I do hope for are some more strong Bug and Grass types like Heracross and Ludicolo and a geographically and socially diverse region like Hoenn.

While I agree with you on the idea of another region like Hoenn, I don't want too many more bug/grass types. For me, they're not all that useful. Give me a Dragon/Electric type! That would look cool!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Like 2 or 3 would be good. And really, they should just be eeveelutions imo. All the ones they made in 4th gen were terrible except for like, two or three. They also better just make like, no more than 6 legendary pokemon. It just gets ridiculous trying to catch them, let alone soft reset for a good one. Go back to your roots GameFreak.

1 group of three
    1 group of two
    1 "super strong" one

thats 6. Really, just 3 + 1 would be fine like RSE.

RSE? You mean the generation that had Latias, Latios, Registeel, Regirock, Rigice, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi and Deoxys? That's 10... Personally I think 5-8 is good. The 6 you've listed and then the two event ones no body likes. :P

One thing I've been wondering about, in the "city" screenshot you're looking at your character almost from the side as she wraps around the city. Compared that to the new starting town screenshot and it looks to be much more of an "eagle eye" view, or if anything the camera is alot closer to your character. So are we going to have changing camera angles? And does anyone want them?

Years
    again, yes it is unlikely that Zorua will not be able to evolve into Zororark as of course is was confirmed ages ago that Zorua being a pre-evo does evolve into Zoroark. It's not the same as with Phione, it's more the Lucario situation.

anyways.
    I still want an airship in the games, the movie have used them alot so it would be nice to see an FF styled one in Black.White, maybe as a base of operations for the enemy team.

Yes!

Exclusive transportation to a certain town via airship/boat/submarine/Wailord-ate-you-LOL would be awesome. Especially if Fly can be used there after. Like that Celebi movie or whatever one/(s) had it.

Pokemon... Teddy Ruxpin style...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I would like to see a Hindu god(not counting arceus) based legendary that is Psychic/Dark in this generation

Found a cool skarmory evolution:):
    Spoiler:
    It seems to be based on a griffin.

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
    The hero's stance in that screenshot looks odd...his feet/legs seem messed up. I just hope these are "beta" sprites and not the actual things, or I may be looking at it wrong ;__;

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Don't know if it's been said already but I'd really love to see a Dark type gym.
    If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure it's the only type without it's own gym :'(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Don't know if it's been said already but I'd really love to see a Dark type gym.
    If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure it's the only type without it's own gym :'(
    [FONT=&quot]Lol:P, you do not know how many times that has been mentioned. I think it's time for a dark gym too because it's been already 3 generations since the creation of the dark type and there hasn't been a dark gym yet but we have had 3 water type gyms, I mean seriously three water but no dark there's some bias their in the part of the creator:disappoin. [/FONT]

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Man those scans look real!

Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

*Tries to say that Porygon-Z was not meant to Replace Porygon2, but realizes that trying to explain is pointless*

Though, it would be great if Porygon2 got Curse to complement Trick Room, and Porygon-Z got a special counterpart to Extremespeed, seeing as it's the only member of the Porygon line to not have a true signature move*.

*Porygon-Z is the only Pok
    émon to learn Trick Room by level up.

Also, full back sprites seem to be an interesting concept, though Zororark is in severe need for a tail...

My Niprop senses are tingling!

Hehehe, luckily for you, I was too busy thinking of something to add to this thread to post for a while...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I agree that we do need a dark type gym. It's not like they are hard to beat, really. :/ Not like Dragon types anyways. *glares at HGSS*

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I SAY- maybe bring back a double gym leader?
    also Dark Gym

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    a double gym will be pwnage...tate and liza still give me nightmares...And if there's gonna be Dark gym it better be 7th or 8th..

NO MORE WATER GYMS !!!!!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    a double gym will be pwnage...tate and liza still give me nightmares...And if there's gonna be Dark gym it better be 7th or 8th..!
    Tell me about it *shivers* That Solrock and Lunatone :(

Let's begin Starters Speculating!

What do you think the starters are going to be/look like? If BW is going "back to basics", we might well have an Electric starter option (Yellow?)

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I really hope they cast away with the old FIRE WATER GRASS DURP HURR trio, it's getting old IMO.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    It will be cool if they go with fire/psychic ,grass/steel and water/ghost ...I want them to have unique type combination and these combos will be pretty cool

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    It will be cool if they go with fire/psychic ,grass/steel and water/ghost ...I want them to have unique type combination and these combos will be pretty cool

I've always thought Ghost Psychic and Dark would be an interesting starter set. :o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back