• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
    Years
    I've said this before, but I want a fast Water-type, a bulky Fire-type and a offensive Grass-type.
    Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking! I'm getting tired of the defensive Grass-type starters. I mean, Grass is one of my favourite types, but the starters sort of ruined it if you wanted to beat the game easily without grinding for several years.

I just can't wait for something new >__<

Demonic Puppeteer

Got lost on the road of life
    Years
    The only thing about that is that dark would pwn both of the others XD
    Fire/Rock, Water/Flying, Grass/Fighting... Now that would be something :3

I was also thinking in that direction. That way, they would've a weakness, but still a way to defeat each other. Water could defeat a grass and fighting type. The Grass starter would still beat the rock part of the fire starter, and the fire type could still kick the water starter's flying butt. I don't think Nintendo will stop their GrassFireWatercombination of starters

But still. The new threedimensional view somehow takes the whole feeling of Pokémon away. I don't know why, but it feels different.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Tell me about it *shivers* That Solrock and Lunatone :(

Let's begin Starters Speculating!

What do you think the starters are going to be/look like? If BW is going "back to basics", we might well have an Electric starter option (Yellow?)

Grass/Psychic Deer, Water/Dragon Dolphin, Fire/Dark Snake... all i want

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hows this for pokemon black versions cover?
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBBNqFlWf0&feature=related
    i found these- i don't know if it's real, but i hope they are

oh scratch that, the person admitted they are fake... but still though, it would be cool
    Quote from the maker of that video:

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Isn't Zoruak going to be available in both games? As much as the box are it good, Zoruak isn't the right Pokemon to be featured. I can't wait for the legendaries, especially for Pokemon Black. Dark types are my favourite types.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    The games most likely will feature the legendary Pokémon the games are about, so I doubt this will be on the cover =) Although it's quite poorly made, sry. Looks like you took the logo, the image of the official site and Zoruak and merged in in a DS-Boxart-Template...

I definately want to see a multiple save ability in Gen V. games and hope that the 3D-Graphics are a bit more well umh..dunno but better than they were in Gen 4

I'm also very interested how the new complete battle will look like and how they'll do the attacks and stuff. AND of course, I'm looking forward to the music^^

A better worked out storyline would be cool as well...somehow it was a bit lame in D/P/(Pt.) (Pt. was quite ok, at least better than D/P) The storyline of G/S/C/HG/SS was very well and of a good length, but I expect something better and longer this time =) And something more fascinating....AN EPIC STORYLINE ;D

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well pokemon sunday is in about 6 hours- do you think we'll get anything new?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm not expecting anything major from Pokemon Sunday... maybe a short video clip... but nothing like the starters or any new Pokemon for that matter.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Looking at those screenshots of Black & White...what are those floating blue boulders for in that cave?

that's exactly what i was wondering in the other thread
    oh, and all those fakemon are beast JP

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    On a Fakemon note,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQWSNGBNib0&feature=related

Some pretty looking ones in that video, worth checking out. ;) I especially like the Rapidash and Sandslash evo's.

Abosend looks flippin' beast. Then again, it is an Absol evolution of course it would.
    damn good Fakemon there.

Also, the floating boulders, me-thinks that we're gonna get a brand new HM that allows us to float up magnetic boulders in order to walk under.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    The Leafeon-E evolution, whether I like the concept of not, it looks sweet!! Most of the eveelution-E ones do actually.

So as I'm trying to fill my Pokedex on HGSS I thought of what would be a super helpful item for ingame. It'd basically be like a Max Repel but instead of keeping away pokemon that are a lower level than the pokemon first in your party, it would repel all pokemon that you already have registered in your pokedex!!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    The Leafeon-E evolution, whether I like the concept of not, it looks sweet!! Most of the eveelution-E ones do actually.

So as I'm trying to fill my Pokedex on HGSS I thought of what would be a super helpful item for ingame. It'd basically be like a Max Repel but instead of keeping away pokemon that are a lower level than the pokemon first in your party, it would repel all pokemon that you already have registered in your pokedex!!

So that only Pokemon that you haven't caught yet appear........sweet.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    A thought that's bound to make me unpopular:

Make the Legendaries actually- y'know- Legendary.

What with Wi-Fi and the increasingly global accessibility of Pokémon, have the Legendaries be programmed so that they can travel freely between peoples games.

To be fair, rather than just one of each across the entire planet- maybe just one of each within each country. Maybe 5 tops.

Basically, I'm sick of seeing legendaries every which way I look. It undermines their role by a significant degree, and I find the added challenge and prestige of capturing even one would be awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back