• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    mew didnt have a back story it was just one of a kind and very rare so people wanted it. w/e the new legends are they going have a theme b/c thats what they`ve been doing for the last 2 gen. i just think if they continue after gen 5 it will be boring, because there will be over 600 pokemon now and theres not much left to cover in ideas for designs. i agree with my friend they should make another orre game. or something like what the games are but on the wii

The way it's always been has been that the best pokemon games with the usual story and quirks and style etc. etc. That's the way fans want it, and honestly, I'm not remotely interested in Ranger and Mystery Dungeon was not up to par. The truth is Nintendo would never shift the main pokemon games to the Wii, because they're pretty much the most exciting games for the handheld system. If you're getting bored with the pokemon games, don't play them anymore, because they're are so many fans that like the current system and don't want it to change. Sure new tricks are fun, but the base of the game is what most people love. Yes, it will be hard to make new pokemon, but they'll go over the same ideas in different ways. I'm expecting some kind of Mallard-like duck pokemon, even though there's already Psyduck. And there'll be new ideas. If you don't think Gamefreak can make any more pokemon, you have to remember they have several different minds on the job and they're paid pros.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well if you see the intro of SS you see the moon in the background and in the intro of HG you see the sun, plus gold is the metal of the sun and silver represents the moon in alchemy. The sun is known to represent rebirth also like spring.
    Back on topic i thought of a legendary as i was writing my story which has a god that controls destiny and thought to myself hey pokemon doesn't have a pokemon that controls and oversee's destiny, so they can make a legendary that controls all of destiny or split it into good and bad destiny.

you mean like karma almost?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    you mean like karma almost?

you mean almost like karma?

you mean almost like karma?
    uh, why the triple post, we could do karma, but i mean't like it controls the functions of life death, how the universe works and is the manipulator of all reality,ect. pratically the man or the woman behind the curtain.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    umm im doing this from the wii internet (dont have usable pc) so it was acting werid.

but i see your point that would be werid/cool knowing someone has control over if you live or die

Years
    umm im doing this from the wii internet (dont have usable pc) so it was acting werid.

but i see your point that would be werid/cool knowing someone has control over if you live or die
    The weird part is this background that i thought up for it : The pokemon of destiny has been responsible for everything that has happened with the other legends and the main characters of the other four regions destinies to be champion and has been following them without them even noticing...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    its interesting i mean they might even thought of that too and maybe what this one is all about. we just need more details on the game then how the new pokemon evolves into the other new (the z team).

Years
    its interesting i mean they might even thought of that too and maybe what this one is all about. we just need more details on the game then how the new pokemon evolves into the other new (the z team).
    that's very true, i think most of us can wait for that information, what we really want to know is the new region's geography, the amount of new mon's ,the name of the region, and some new pokemon.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    that's very true, i think most of us can wait for that information, what we really want to know is the new region's geography, the amount of new mon's ,the name of the region, and some new pokemon.

at this point all i want to know is the name of the new region
    OH and the starters :)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Okay, Lugia does not represent the Moon. If the anime is canon at all, Lugia controls the globe's ocean currents and has power over Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Ho-Oh does not represent the Sun. Ho-Oh represents rebirth, bring modeled after a phoenix, and rainbows.

Giratina doesn't represent death. D/P screwed that up in its PokeDex entry. Giratina represents anti-matter, completing the triad with Dialga and Palkia. The reason for its Ghost-subtype is because Ghosts don't follow the laws of physics.

Anyways...The idea of a Pokemon that represents Fate is intriguing. Possible a humanoid Pokemon holding scales in one hand and a sword in the other. Steel/Psychic or Dark/Psychic, maybe?

What about a Pokemon that represents the cycle of life? Imagine a Pokemon that is a child during the Morning (3 a.m.-11:59 a.m.) and is pure Normal or pure Psychic, an adult in the Afternoon (12 p.m.-6:59 p.m.) and is Fighting/Psychic, and an old man at Night (7 p.m.-2:59 a.m.) and is Dark/Psychic or pure Dark. It's typing and statistic would change through out the day. In the Morning, its stats would be all around average, like Mew or Jirachi, in the Day its Attack and Special Attack would be higher and it would have good speed, similar to Speed Deoxys, and at Night it would have high defense and Special Defense with greater HP, like Giratina Altered Forme.

Thoughts?

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    (Imo)I personally don't think GameFreak should go to far into religious stuff (seven deadly sins). People that aren't Christian might feel uncomfortable, and strict Christian parents might not like that their kids are being... exposed to that.
    I honestly have a hard time believing one Pokemon controls the 'destiny' of everyone in the Pokemon world. I think Pokemon should stick with more believable things, like being the Champion of Johto, and no one in Kanto knowing who you are, or a mouse that electrocutes people, but still not being lethal. Okay, so maybe Pokemon isn't that believable, but I still think you guys should reign it in a little. If you're talking about good/bad karma stuff, then they're should probably be two. Maybe. (/Imo)

Years
    the only thing i find stupid so far is that the female character looks anarexic to me.
    you can tell that from a sprite... well people said the same about gold so maybe they have something for anerixic's...na, i'm just joking:P well in japan most people are quite skinny at least those i have seen.
    I hope this region's has lots of islands you can travel too, actually the ideal place with lot's of small islands surrounding it is shikoku which is this here;
    Spoiler:
    , just add parts of honshu to it to make it bigger and it will fit my vision for the region i desire.

(Imo)I personally don't think GameFreak should go to far into religious stuff (seven deadly sins). People that aren't Christian might feel uncomfortable, and strict Christian parents might not like that their kids are being... exposed to that.
    I honestly have a hard time believing one Pokemon controls the 'destiny' of everyone in the Pokemon world. I think Pokemon should stick with more believable things, like being the Champion of Johto, and no one in Kanto knowing who you are, or a mouse that electrocutes people, but still not being lethal. Okay, so maybe Pokemon isn't that believable, but I still think you guys should reign it in a little. If you're talking about good/bad karma stuff, then they're should probably be two. Maybe. (/Imo)
    well a pokemon that controls everyone's destiny is the only thing i can think of that can match Arceus,in a way... oh wait we still need a omega pokemon...

Last edited:

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Okay, Lugia does not represent the Moon. If the anime is canon at all, Lugia controls the globe's ocean currents and has power over Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Ho-Oh does not represent the Sun. Ho-Oh represents rebirth, bring modeled after a phoenix, and rainbows.

-------

What about a Pokemon that represents the cycle of life? Imagine a Pokemon that is a child during the Morning (3 a.m.-11:59 a.m.) and is pure Normal or pure Psychic, an adult in the Afternoon (12 p.m.-6:59 p.m.) and is Fighting/Psychic, and an old man at Night (7 p.m.-2:59 a.m.) and is Dark/Psychic or pure Dark. It's typing and statistic would change through out the day. In the Morning, its stats would be all around average, like Mew or Jirachi, in the Day its Attack and Special Attack would be higher and it would have good speed, similar to Speed Deoxys, and at Night it would have high defense and Special Defense with greater HP, like Giratina Altered Forme.

Thoughts?

Well, if you think about it, the Moon controls the oceans, Lugia controls the oceans, so Lugia might not represent the moon, but there are some parallels. And Ho-oh, to me, parallels the Sun in the rainbow-y way. If there was no Sun, there'd be no rainbows. So they might not 'represent' the Sun and Moon, but you can see how they're similar.

I like the idea of a time-based aging Pokemon. I think the form changing should be more controlled, though. Because what if you're in the middle of a battle? Would it change mid-battle? Well, probably not, but there would be some obstacles. And what about movesets? If it changes type the moves would be messed up. Maybe. I could be wrong though, because Arceas with his plates causes some contradictions. Or maybe not, I didn't really get into the legends of DPPt.

Years
    Well, if you think about it, the Moon controls the oceans, Lugia controls the oceans, so Lugia might not represent the moon, but there are some parallels. And Ho-oh, to me, parallels the Sun in the rainbow-y way. If there was no Sun, there'd be no rainbows. So they might not 'represent' the Sun and Moon, but you can see how they're similar.

I like the idea of a time-based aging Pokemon. I think the form changing should be more controlled, though. Because what if you're in the middle of a battle? Would it change mid-battle? Well, probably not, but there would be some obstacles. And what about movesets? If it changes type the moves would be messed up. Maybe. I could be wrong though, because Arceas with his plates causes some contradictions. Or maybe not, I didn't really get into the legends of DPPt.
    you just stated the reason's for why i said that about lugia and Ho-oh:P.
    for a pokemon that ages we could have it hold a item like the morning stone(plate,ect.), the night stone,ect. to control it's forms, if it doesn't have them then it just changes on time like sky shaymin returns back to land shaymin at night.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i do though want to see more dark and fire there are so few and not very good moves in some. i also think they should make the game a little harder and longer. i would like to see a dark gym there hasnt been one yet.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    well a pokemon that controls everyone's destiny is the only thing i can think of that can match Arceus,in a way... oh wait we still need a omega pokemon...

Just because it's a new region doesn't mean the legendaries have to surpass the old ones. In fact, I'd prefer if they didn't. I don't want to think of one pokemon controling the world. The title is "legendary" not "godly". I think you guys are taking it too far. I'm guessing it will just be a Yin/yang pairing, and they'll talk a lot about the balance of good and evil. I don't want some strange mecha-human angel to be a legendary, I want a rare creature. Pokemon are creatures.

Years
    speaking of moves i though of one, i call it Aqua palm it looks like force palm but it thrusts leathal water drops at the opponent. As for fire moves we could have solar flame, a large spinning attack of fire that takes two turns , if sunny day isn't active, and causes damage of 110 and has a high critical hit ratio.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    i do though want to see more dark and fire there are so few and not very good moves in some. i also think they should make the game a little harder and longer. i would like to see a dark gym there hasnt been one yet.
    Lion Pokemon with a fire mane.
    dark/fire
    bet we'll see it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Just because it's a new region doesn't mean the legendaries have to surpass the old ones. In fact, I'd prefer if they didn't. I don't want to think of one pokemon controling the world. The title is "legendary" not "godly". I think you guys are taking it too far. I'm guessing it will just be a Yin/yang pairing, and they'll talk a lot about the balance of good and evil. I don't want some strange mecha-human angel to be a legendary, I want a rare creature. Pokemon are creatures.

he wasnt talking about surpassing god (acreus) that wouldnt be right, he meant like something pulls you to what you want,

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    speaking of moves i though of one, i call it Aqua palm it looks like force palm but it thrusts leathal water drops at the opponent. As for fire moves we could have solar flame, a large spinning attack of fire that takes two turns , if sunny day isn't active, and causes damage of 110 and has a high critical hit ratio.

That's too much like solar beam, which a lot of fire-types can learn anyway.
    Actually, it's exactly the same, just with a different type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back