• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
    Those are fake... so there might be a Peacock grass starter... another prideful bird too, like piplup... are rooster/chickens prideful like emperor penguins and Peacocks... because I think they are all prideful if so Peacock matches that Avian pride.

I don´t know anything about avian pride, but it just sounds too plausible so I´ll just agree.
    And YEAH peacocks rulez they´re beatiful and they would match it and you know why?

Y´see, here in Brazil, I live in Santos, and we have this HUGE place wich in English would be the local Orchid Park, yeah, like a plaza, with lots of plants and animals and y´know what?
    THEY HAVE PEACOCKS!
    Just why did i tell you that peacocks would match pokemon a while ago?
    Because the male, wich is green,blue,white feathered, is different in color from the female, wich is gray and doesn´t have the beatiful fan-like tail, it is smaller and doesn´t open wide

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don´t know anything about avian pride, but it just sounds too plausible so I´ll just agree.
    And YEAH peacocks rulez they´re beatiful and they would match it and you know why?

Y´see, here in Brazil, I live in Santos, and we have this HUGE place wich in English would be the local Orchid Park, yeah, like a plaza, with lots of plants and animals and y´know what?
    THEY HAVE PEACOCKS!
    Because the male, wich is green,blue,white feathered, is different in color from the female, wich is gray and doesn´t have the beatiful fan-like tail, it is smaller and doesn´t open wide
    yay peacocks, well you just pointed out a possible gender difference for the starter in generation 5.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Those are fake... so there might be a Peacock grass starter... another prideful bird too, like piplup... are rooster/chickens prideful like emperor penguins and Peacocks... because I think they are all prideful if so Peacock matches that Avian pride.

they're screenshots from Pokemon Sunday though. I still don't like the peacock being the grass-starter..well if they can make it look good then maybe I'll lighten up..After all at first I really didn't like Turtwig (hated it even more when they changed the Japanese name for it..Naetle..to Turtwig. I was like WTf?!)

THEY HAVE PEACOCKS!

so do you think if the grass starter is a peacock the female one wouldn't look as good as the male?

Last edited:

Years
    they're screenshots from Pokemon Sunday though. I still don't like the peacock being the grass-starter..well if they can make it look good then maybe I'll lighten up..After all at first I really didn't like Turtwig (hated it even more when they changed the Japanese name for it..Naetle..to Turtwig. I was like WTf?!)

so do you think if the grass starter is a peacock the female one wouldn't look as good as the male?
    Those screen shots are fake, realistic but fake, and they could make the female's tail grey... as in the thrid version... Pokemon Grey... wonder if they are going to make the starters mascots again, so far the odd versions have all had a game with the mascot of the playable version (FRLG ) so they might do that with the grass peacock (female as the starter) or if it's called Rainbow then is the male Black could be a black fire dog that looks burned with black skin and the water starter is a polarbear reason it's white is ice... it matches all too well...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Those screen shots are fake, realistic but fake, and they could make the female's tail grey... as in the thrid version... Pokemon Grey... wonder if they are going to make the starters mascots again, so far the odd versions have all had a game with the mascot of the playable version (FRLG ) so they might do that with the grass peacock (female as the starter) or if it's called Rainbow then is the male Black could be a black fire dog that looks burned with black skin and the water starter is a polarbear reason it's white is ice... it matches all too well...

Oh...well thanks for clearing that up for gullible me. Though you lost me after rainbow. You're talking about them making the peacock the mascot for the 3rd installment of the 5th gen? Or the starters? Am I confusing you?

Years
    Oh...well thanks for clearing that up for gullible me. Though you lost me after rainbow. You're talking about them making the peacock the mascot for the 3rd installment of the 5th gen? Or the starters? Am I confusing you?
    yeah, they should make the starters final forms into the starters, that's what i said up their sorry if it sounded confusing. The Fire starter as the Black Mascot and the Water starter as the White mascot and the Grass starter as the Grey/rainbow/ect. mascot.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    It'd be awesome if they made Gen. III remakes. I love Hoenn! If they do, it'd be very interesting if they also made FR/LG remakes... And then if they made remakes of Gen. IV in Gen. VI... That's kinda scary. If they didn't make another remake of Red/Blue (if they do continue on and on indefinitely with the generations) Kanto Pokemon would become increasingly rare, like as happened with GSC until HGSS.

Also, I can almost assure you that there will be a RS remake. On the DSi, the GBA slot was eschewed, leading to the Pal Park being limited to the DS Phat and Lite, and in Gen. V Pal Park will probably be eliminated because of that. I've found Nintendo to do this in the past, eliminating a piece of hardware that created backwards compatibility in order to upsell the remakes of an older Pokemon game.

Nintendo can be so predictable. I like them like that.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    well i don't think chimchar line was the worst "design" ever....It's a flaming monkey !! what more ??,,,,,it was the typing that bugged me...fire/fighting seriously ??...a fire/rock would wave been so awesome...STAB stone edge FTW !!

you got me all wrong mate, i like chimchar, he wouldve been great as a normal wild pokemon, but his evolutions just suck, their tryin too hard to emulate that monkey king and i just dont like his move set, its unbalanced unlike the other fire beginners

i just think hes the weakest amongst the fire beginners, ive used charizard, blaziken, & typlhosion against water attacks, and theyve all survived, but infernape gets owned.

i hope this time we get a worth while fire starter, if not they need to give us alot of new wild fire types ^_^

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It'd be awesome if they made Gen. III remakes. I love Hoenn! If they do, it'd be very interesting if they also made FR/LG remakes... And then if they made remakes of Gen. IV in Gen. VI... That's kinda scary. If they didn't make another remake of Red/Blue (if they do continue on and on indefinitely with the generations) Kanto Pokemon would become increasingly rare, like as happened with GSC until HGSS.

Also, I can almost assure you that there will be a RS remake. On the DSi, the GBA slot was eschewed, leading to the Pal Park being limited to the DS Phat and Lite, and in Gen. V Pal Park will probably be eliminated because of that. I've found Nintendo to do this in the past, eliminating a piece of hardware that created backwards compatibility in order to upsell the remakes of an older Pokemon game.

Nintendo can be so predictable. I like them like that.

Well, it's pretty obvious that they will make a Gen 3 remake. It will more than likely be in gen 5 but won't come till after the third game for black & white. Though they could do something new and like combine Gen 3 remake with gen 5's 3rd game. Like start you off in Hoenn and you go to the new region, or vice versa. Really...they will have to thikn of something for a Hoenn remake. They could take you to Sinnoh but then that would hamper their plans for a possible D/P/Pt remake some years down the road. I really just think I'll sit back, enjoy black & white and worry about that later.

you got me all wrong mate, i like chimchar, he wouldve been great as a normal wild pokemon, but his evolutions just suck, their tryin too hard to emulate that monkey king and i just dont like his move set, its unbalanced unlike the other fire beginners

i just think hes the weakest amongst the fire beginners, ive used charizard, blaziken, & typlhosion against water attacks, and theyve all survived, but infernape gets owned.

i hope this time we get a worth while fire starter, if not they need to give us alot of new wild fire types ^_^

We seriously are lacking fire type pokemon. That is the only thing that upset me about Gen four. If Nintendo says the next gen will be revolutionizing then I think they should add more fire types into it. Not like a bunch, but maybe at most 4 or 5 good fire types to choose from with some of them having as many as 3 evos...who am I kiddin' that probably won't happen. Fire pokemon are pretty strong so I can understand why they don't give you many, but at the sametime it's frustrating when you want a fire type and there aren't that many to choose from.

Chimchar is probably tied for cutest fire starter w/ Cyndaquil but yeah Infernape is pretty weak compared to the other fire types.

Last edited:

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    I agree with PiP about the remakes. They should make it like HG/SS where you can go back to another region for future remakes if the technology is there. I mean sooner or later they would be able to add more space to the games the question is when and if they decide to do the remakes or make 2 regions in one game which would be soo cool. On the other hand they could waste that space cramming in a bunch of useless extra features.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    We seriously are lacking fire type pokemon. That is the only thing that upset me about Gen four. If Nintendo says the next gen will be revolutionizing then I think they should add more fire types into it. Not like a bunch, but maybe at most 4 or 5 good fire types to choose from with some of them having as many as 3 evos...who am I kiddin' that probably won't happen. Fire pokemon are pretty strong so I can understand why they don't give you many, but at the sametime it's frustrating when you want a fire type and there aren't that many to choose from.

Chimchar is probably tied for cutest fire starter w/ Cyndaquil but yeah Infernape is pretty weak compared to the other fire types.
    :4:
    sorry but cyndaquil will always be cutest :P

im hopin this time we get a mountainous region with LOTS of fire-types, no fire in gen4 made me sad :(
    im a fire, dragon trainer not cuz their powerful, cuz their my fav since gen1, and when they get no support i get sad :(

Years
    Well, it's pretty obvious that they will make a Gen 3 remake. It will more than likely be in gen 5 but won't come till after the third game for black & white. Though they could do something new and like combine Gen 3 remake with gen 5's 3rd game. Like start you off in Hoenn and you go to the new region, or vice versa. Really...they will have to thikn of something for a Hoenn remake. They could take you to Sinnoh but then that would hamper their plans for a possible D/P/Pt remake some years down the road. I really just think I'll sit back, enjoy black & white and worry about that later.

lol, your vision of cute is way diffrent than mine chimchar is the lease cutest, cyndaquil and Charmander are the cutetest and their evos are the coolest... wait no that's torchic and Blaziken. The remakes will need to add new parts to Hoenn like they did to Johto or add a sub region like they did in Kanto with the Sevii islands.
    We need more fire types, in generation 3 we only had numel camerupt, Torchic, combusken, Blaziken,and torkoal and in Gen 4 they added Heatran, Chimchar,Monferno, Infernape, and Magmortar. compared to the 13 in generation 1 and 9 in generation 2, so the number of fire types are slowly declining... this has to be fixed in BW.

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    lol, your vision of cute is way diffrent than mine chimchar is the lease cutest, cyndaquil and Charmander are the cutetest and their evos are the coolest... wait no that's torchic and Blaziken. The remakes will need to add new parts to Hoenn like they did to Johto and add a sub region like they did in Kanto with the Sevii islands.

Obviously you people don't know what APPRECIATION FOR THE NEW ARTS is :shocked::laugh:. Chimchar is adorable!
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    By Skitteeh of DeviantART

You see, he's cute! Charmander is alright, I dont' like his eyes though >_<. Love Chimchar's big ones though (waiting 2 get pwned any minute now).

Years
    Obviously you people don't know what APPRECIATION FOR THE NEW ARTS is :shocked::laugh:. Chimchar is adorable!
    By Skitteeh of DeviantART

You see, he's cute! Charmander is alright, I dont' like his eyes though >_<. Love Chimchar's big ones though.
    Well chimy is cute but not the cutest... lets get back on topic though, we talked about the grass starter but what about the Fire starter, i hope it's a black dog with flames around it's legs and it's final evolution is fire/dark.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well chimy is cute but not the cutest... lets get back on topic though, we talked about the grass starter but what about the Fire starter, i hope it's a black dog with flames around it's legs and it's final evolution is fire/dark.

Hmmm, that reminds me of Houndoom. It would be cool if they made it something like a tazmania devil:
    or possibly something resembling a lion just not as big and hairy I guess.

Years
    Hmmm, that reminds me of Houndoom. It would be cool if they made it something like a tazmania devil:
    or possibly something resembling a lion just not as big and hairy I guess.
    wow a tasmanian devil looks like my vision of the fire dog starter first stage now add some flames to the sides of it's legs and you get what i imagine the fire starter to look. oh and make it more dog like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back