• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    no they are going to reveal at the end of the month they think it might be the shadowed outlines this sunday

May 16...with leaks most probably before that...you're probably right about this week though. Looks like we'll be getting more silhouettes!!

Of course!
    It has to be fire grass water, but those SECOND types could be nearly anything....
    Actually i doubt any of them will be of any type combinations that alredy occured
    What would be cool is a Fire/Poison starter, a Water/Ice or Psychic starter and a Grass/normal or Ghost type

I thought that went without saying!! :P I can't see Dragon but pretty much anything else would work!! I like the Fire/Poison idea!! I'd rather Water/Fighting or Water/Dark. Ghost with any of the types would be sick though. Just not another Fire/Fighting GameFreak!! Please!! Also in reference to your other post...PANDA POKEMON NOW!! =P

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    we should also have Corocoro screen shoot by next week that would be good to see, the starters will most likely be reveal between the 10-15 so that gives us 1 day of speculation to 5 days of speculation...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    we should also have Corocoro screen shoot by next week that would be good to see, the starters will most likely be reveal between the 10-15 so that gives us 1 day of speculation to 5 days of speculation...

I hope the starters aren't too weird looking. Speaking of screen shots, I hope they give us one of the new region along with the starters as well. Awesome starters+ huge region= :)

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im hopin for:

a pachirisu evolution usin thunder stone, or friendship

a fire/dragon type

beginners who evolve into grass/dragon, fire/dragon, & water/dragon types :embarrass

more dark types, more fire types (alot more fire types since gen4 had none)

a sableye evolution

a pure flying type

new formes for dialga& palkia

team rocket to return as the main villians

another shark-like pokemon, a couple of them (sharpedo,&garchomp ftw!)

a dunsparce evolution, cuz dunny is so overlooked :P

I think a dark/light theme would be nice. I don't see how they could really do something crazier than time and space.

Anyways, here's a thought.

As you may know, GF bases Pokemon regions off areas in Japan.

I think it's getting a little old. Maybe they could base the new region on some other area in the world? As you can see by the map on the page, they're running out of areas. ._. IMO, each region is pretty dull geographically, barring Hoenn.

How about a real mountainous region or one based on the Serengeti? Why do they limit themselves to Japan? There's a whole world for them to use! Or better yet, they can actually create something from scratch.

i think their going to do japan first, once they complete japans regions, then theyll go else where ;) which would give us INFINITE generations <3

Last edited:

Years
    im hopin for:

a fire/dragon type

beginners who evolve into grass/dragon, fire/dragon, & water/dragon types :embarrass

a sableye evolution

a pure flying type

Team rocket coming back... what plot or excuse would they use for there return this time... not another bring Geo back thing... but Geovani did appear again but still he lost again so his sprits were crushed in HGSS Celebi event so no more team rocket... or that would be a odd feeling for the team. New Formes for Dialga and Palkia sounds good... but they should leave that until HeartDiamond (because a heart made of diamond and shining heart...) and SoulPearl (because a pearl is like a soul) that way Dialga and Palkia would have something to look foward to in their remakes... we need Groudon and Kyogre formes... but Ho-oh and lugia didn't get new Formes so they probably shouldn't get any either. Sharpedo is somehow related to Garchomp... so it needs a evo to match Garchomp... the final evo dragons... actually it sounds like a good idea but the grass starter i think should be a non flying bird... maybe it looks dragon like...but then again that would make the past 12 starters + evos+ pikachu look lame when compared to them in battle...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Team rocket coming back... what plot or excuse would they use for there return this time... not another bring Geo back thing... but Geovani did appear again but still he lost again so his sprits were crushed in HGSS Celebi event so no more team rocket... or that would be a odd feeling for the team. New Formes for Dialga and Palkia sounds good... but they should leave that until HeartDiamond (because a heart made of diamond and shining heart...) and SoulPearl (because a pearl is like a soul) that way Dialga and Palkia would have something to look foward to in their remakes... we need Groudon and Kyogre formes... but Ho-oh and lugia didn't get new Formes so they probably shouldn't get any either. Sharpedo is somehow related to Garchomp... so it needs a evo to match Garchomp... the final evo dragons... actually it sounds like a good idea but the grass starter i think should be a non flying bird... maybe it looks dragon like...but then again that would make the past 12 starters + evos+ pikachu look lame when compared to them in battle...

team rocket needs no reason :P
    but if they did, they could do it like the anime ;)
    sharpedo does need a new evolution BUT NOT BY TRADE, anything except by trade,itlll break my heart T_T
    i just thought the dragon be a ncie change, we keep gettin grass, water, fire beginners who learn the same attacks over& over, they need to mix it up ;)

Pikachu is lame >.> i like Pachirisu much better, theyve milked poor pikachu for far too long, he needs a vacation :P

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    The starters have not learned the same moves over and over. Charizard had wing attack but Typhlosion, Blaziken, and Infernape didnt. Blastoise learned Hydro pump by Level up and Swampert didnt, Swampert learned EQ by level up while none of the other water types did. Sceptile was the only grass starter to get Leaf blade, Blaziken was the only starter who got Brave Bird. Having dragon type's as the starters 2nd type is epic FAIL

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    team rocket needs no reason :P
    but if they did, they could do it like the anime ;)
    sharpedo does need a new evolution BUT NOT BY TRADE, anything except by trade,itlll break my heart T_T
    i just thought the dragon be a ncie change, we keep gettin grass, water, fire beginners who learn the same attacks over& over, they need to mix it up ;)

Pikachu is lame >.> i like Pachirisu much better, theyve milked poor pikachu for far too long, he needs a vacation :P

no..I think that Team Galactic should make a comeback. They had the coolest designs, and their pkmn weren't so bad either. Besides, in D/P/Pt I think their fall-out was pretty weak. A stronger Galactic is needed! They can even shorten their name to Team G (for Galactic or Grey..take your pick :cool:)

im hopin for:

a fire/dragon type

a sableye evolution

a pure flying type

i think their going to do japan first, once they complete japans regions, then theyll go else where ;) which would give us INFINITE generations <3

I think they can still make at most 4 more regions from Japan before venturing to another country..4 more regions would gives us like 16 more years before they were out of Japan (assuming they make a new gen every 4 years).

Fire/Poison could be a Scorpion, Snake, or Basalisk (They have poisonous fanges and can breathe fire). Water/Psychic has be done, but Water/Ghost hasn't. Possibly a water droplet or a humanoid-shaped body of water? Grass/Fighting FTW! Kung-Fu Panda-style =]
    A grass/fighting panda would be awesome! But I'd prefer a water panda :)

I think you are looking at the wrong pokemon.
    Nuh uh. I'm talklin' about that ugly brown thingy with the circle on his belly.

Last edited:

Years
    Each generation will take longer than the past generation generation 3 lasted around from 2002-2006 and generation from 2006-2010... wait generation 3 lasted 4 years while generation 4 also lasted 4 years... generation 2 lasted from 1999-2002 that's three 1996-1999 three again so generation 5 might last 5 years... but each generation with the exception of Gen 2 has more games main and spin offs than the last one generation 4 had a total of 17 gen 3 had around 11 so after generation 3 to 4 we saw an increase of 6 spin off games and counting gen 2 which had 4 games so a increase of 7 games... so generation 5 might have 23 if this growth continues.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    no..I think that Team Galactic should make a comeback. They had the coolest designs, and their pkmn weren't so bad either. Besides, in D/P/Pt I think their fall-out was pretty weak. A stronger Galactic is needed! They can even shorten their name to Team G (for Galactic or Grey..take your pick :cool:)

I think they can still make at most 4 more regions from Japan before venturing to another country..4 more regions would gives us like 16 more years before they were out of Japan (assuming they make a new gen every 4 years).

thats true, plus magma&aqua were rather pathetic

but if theyd stop givin the teams the same old pokemon& treat them like they do in the anime you gotta admit team rocket would be invincible lol

Team G. just G it leaves the mystery ;)
    but i didnt like the hair it was creepy IMO lol

actually if you look at the geography, and the size of each region, 2-3 at most, but i tihnk theyll just do 1more (above kanto& beside johto) making it the largest

to be honest when i saw sinnoh i thought it was greenland lol

and hoenn was australia lol

Each generation will take longer than the past generation generation 3 lasted around from 2002-2006 and generation from 2006-2010... wait generation 3 lasted 4 years while generation 4 also lasted 4 years... generation 2 lasted from 1999-2002 that's three 1996-1999 three again so generation 5 might last 5 years... but each generation with the exception of Gen 2 has more games main and spin offs than the last one generation 4 had a total of 17 gen 3 had around 11 so after generation 3 to 4 we saw an increase of 6 spin off games and counting gen 2 which had 4 games so a increase of 7 games... so generation 5 might have 23 if this growth continues.

you got a good point, but hopefully nintendo wont repeat the same mistake they did with Zelda

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I/m starting to hate when new Pokemon info is to be released. Every time I have to close at work on Saturdays it takes so much longer becuase I am thinking about it all damn day haha. Hope the Fire Starter is somethin' unexpected.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I/m starting to hate when new Pokemon info is to be released. Every time I have to close at work on Saturdays it takes so much longer becuase I am thinking about it all damn day haha. Hope the Fire Starter is somethin' unexpected.

i hope the starter is worth usin, chimchar was the worst idea EVER! :(

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    well i don't think chimchar line was the worst "design" ever....It's a flaming monkey !! what more ??,,,,,it was the typing that bugged me...fire/fighting seriously ??...a fire/rock would wave been so awesome...STAB stone edge FTW !!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Fire/electric... now there's some for ya! Buh bye, Water! >:D

....Hello, x4 weakness to Ground O_o

Pleasedon'tmakewaterstartergroundPleasedon'tmakewaterstartergroundPleasedon'tmakewaterstarterground

Eheh... But, what I'm saying is that I want a fire type combination that has never been before. And electric comes to mind. That can make sense, right? *puppy eyes*

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    well i don't think chimchar line was the worst "design" ever....It's a flaming monkey !! what more ??,,,,,it was the typing that bugged me...fire/fighting seriously ??...a fire/rock would wave been so awesome...STAB stone edge FTW !!

Word. Fire/Rock Infernape would have actually be really awesome o_o

I doubt they'll do that or Poison this Gen. Probably /Ground. Also, they can't do Ghost. It'll mean your starter dies... xD

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Fire/electric... now there's some for ya! Buh bye, Water! >:D

....Hello, x4 weakness to Ground O_o
    Ah ....so ??...swampert , scizor,fortress,torterra,heracross etc. too have double weakness but they still are awesome ..

Eheh... But, what I'm saying is that I want a fire type combination that has never been before. And electric comes to mind. That can make sense, right?

ME too !!!....i love unique type combos....and a fire/electric would be awesome but it would also be 4x weak to ground O_o

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    CHIMCHARS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE POKEMONXZ!!!!!!!
    COME ON ITS A MONKEY, ON FIRE!!!!! +++++cuutttteeeneeesssss!!!!
    If you ask me I thought piplup was rubbish...
    This time I think I might like three different types for pokemon this time! Like ummm... Rock, Psychic and ummm... dragon...?
    If not then at least somthing good like ummm... fire/pyschic?

(OMG I JUST NOTICED MY POSTS HAVE GONE OVAR 1000 :D!!!!!)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Word. Fire/Rock Infernape would have actually be really awesome o_o

I doubt they'll do that or Poison this Gen. Probably /Ground. Also, they can't do Ghost. It'll mean your starter dies... xD

Yeah a fire/rock infernape would have been awesome.....for my empoleon :). Woulda made fights with infernapes too easy.

I was a little disappointd that infernape was fire/fighting, but really I think it suits it. The point was for all the starters to be able to counter their weaknesses (imo). Empoleon now water/steel isn't super effected by grass anymore (though ground is a diff. story), being part Ground gave Torterra an advantage over Infernape, and Infernape being part fighting meant it would be easier to take out Empoleon...get what I'm saying?

I always get the feeling that rock type pokemon are huge and bulky, so a fire/rock would be awesome, but I wonder how big it would be. Me thinks something as chubby as Magmortar.

I want to see a water/psychic or water/electric (I know it's already done but not for a starter yet!) Imagine how awesome that would be. Grass/fighting and probably fire/dark (though already done) or a fire/poison. For some reason I don't think Game Freak will make a new type for all the starters. Possibly two, if any.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Fire/Poison could be a Scorpion, Snake, or Basalisk (They have poisonous fanges and can breathe fire). Water/Psychic has be done, but Water/Ghost hasn't. Possibly a water droplet or a humanoid-shaped body of water? Grass/Fighting FTW! Kung-Fu Panda-style =]

Grass/Fighting already happened...Breloom...so yeah...Grass/Steel, Fire/Poison, Water/Ghost...

if they make it water/fire/grass
    I dont care much for water
    But a fire/GROUND woULD be awsome
    And a grass/fighting would be pretty sweet

Fire/Ground = Camerupt
    Grass/Fighting = Breloom

I thought that went without saying!! :P I can't see Dragon but pretty much anything else would work!! I like the Fire/Poison idea!! I'd rather Water/Fighting or Water/Dark. Ghost with any of the types would be sick though. Just not another Fire/Fighting GameFreak!! Please!! Also in reference to your other post...PANDA POKEMON NOW!! =P

Water/Fighting = Poliwrath
    Water/Dark = Sharpedobear/Crawdaunt

im hopin for:

a pachirisu evolution usin thunder stone, or friendship Meet the Pikachu Family yet? How about a different way to evolve it

a fire/dragon type That and a 2 staged Ice/Dragon type please xD

beginners who evolve into grass/dragon, fire/dragon, & water/dragon types :embarrass Nononononononononono NOOOOOOO

more dark types, more fire types (alot more fire types since gen4 had none) Less Water Types, More Everything Else!

a sableye evolution Just make Spiritomb evolve from Sableye xD but yeah I like its typing but hate bad stats on Eye and horrible design on Tomb

a pure flying type *Points to the move Roost*

new formes for dialga& palkia No...They already suck lets not make them suck more...

team rocket to return as the main villians *Points to HGSS*

another shark-like pokemon, a couple of them (sharpedo,&garchomp ftw!) Garchomp is a freaking landshark...freaking landshark... Meh

a dunsparce evolution, cuz dunny is so overlooked :P All puny guys are getting revamped and evolved and etc...thats a given

Bold are my comments

Nintendo released an evolved form of Ursaring:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back