• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    can someone paint that tail of the center red and orange and make the tail on the left one green along with the leaf on the top, please and thank you.
    Ps: i did it but i can't copy and paste...

your tryin too hard, you guys are just mad im right :P

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    it seems to my like they are mashing all the old starters together, heres a quick edit i made:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

bump.

idk if bumping is allowed

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    your tryin too hard, you guys are just mad im right :P
    What no i'm not I just want to show you guys what i see, you could do the same for what you think is which, the top of the pig could look very much like grass... but... oh the tail must be a seed... if it is grass, says this as he looks into others people opinions.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    What no i'm not I just want to show you guys what i see, you could do the same for what you think is which, the top of the pig could look very much like grass... but... oh the tail must be a seed... if it is grass, says this as he looks into others people opinions.

i see wat you see XD

im just goin with the usual circle that present
    ....grass
    fire & water
    see?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Now I can see why you guys think the one on the left might be a bird. But if you look at it from a different perspective, the endpoint could be of the head, and its face is facing to its right. Ever thought of that? Well my bet of it still being a grass type is still on the table.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    we got water/dragons tho T^T

i want a fire/dragon <3
    we dont have ANY fire/dragons their all dragon/ground,water,flying

Yeah, we have ONE water-dragon: Palkia, and none of us understand how it is part water type, while we can understand Dialgas steel-dragon type combination easily, as Diamonds are the hardest thing known to mankind, and Giratinas ghost-dragon combination is also understandable (just play Platinum and you'll get the answer), Palkias however is one of those many Pokemon with type combinations that make no sense to the appearance or description of the Pokemon, just look at Lucario with his steel-fighting type, and every normal/flying Pokemon, or more rather, any pokemon paired with normal type (being Girafarig and Bibarel)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yeah, we have ONE water-dragon: Palkia, and none of us understand how it is part water type, while we can understand Dialgas steel-dragon type combination easily, as Diamonds are the hardest thing known to mankind, and Giratinas ghost-dragon combination is also understandable (just play Platinum and you'll get the answer), Palkias however is one of those many Pokemon with type combinations that make no sense to the appearance or description of the Pokemon, just look at Lucario with his steel-fighting type, and every normal/flying Pokemon, or more rather, any pokemon paired with normal type (being Girafarig and Bibarel)

you got 2 water dragons, you forgot kingdra

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Hmm, I'm gonna say the left one is grass, since its tail looks like leaves to me. The one in the middle looks more like a fire type than the one on the right, and it's either a dog or a pig. I would like to see a fire-type pig for a starter and the final stage could be Fire/Ground since pigs are associated with mud (That would make it 4x weak to water though, but Swampert had a 4x weakness too) I have no clue what the one on the right is...

Years
    Not this again.. there is a thread on this and other i don't get types, which i tried to find to show you the reason it's water,which i'm too lazy to repeat again.Wow speculation died off so quickly...

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Imma have to kill the people at Gamefreak for these ugly ass starters...

Left is Fire
    Top is Grass
    Right is Water

EWW they all look stupid...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Now I can see why you guys think the one on the left might be a bird. But if you look at it from a different perspective, the endpoint could be of the head, and its face is facing to its right. Ever thought of that? Well my bet of it still being a grass type is still on the table.
    i thought of both options the instant i saw it. it can either hav a rly long nose like cyndaquill or hav a pointed head like celebi. im hoping for the pointed head coz the pointed nose reminds me of a teapot...

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I'm almost positive that the one on the left is the grass type. The shape on its tail is more symmetrical and rounded, like a leaf, rather than wavy and out of place like fire. And though it didn't occur to me at first, It kinda looks like a duck that is looking upwards, lol. Though its feet don't appear to be webbed, they are quite slender.

As for the one on the right, what if the roundness of the head is like an underwater dome helmet similar to Sandy off of Spongebob. Its ears could be coming through holes on top.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    As for the one on the right, what if the roundness of the head is like an underwater dome helmet similar to Sandy off of Spongebob. Its ears could be coming through holes on top.
    hahaha that would be weird. they could just be small ears. im rly worried coz it reminds of a beaver... which reminds me of bidoof...

Years
    I'm almost positive that the one on the left is the grass type. The shape on its tail is more symmetrical and rounded, like a leaf, rather than wavy and out of place like fire. And though it didn't occur to me at first, It kinda looks like a duck that is looking upwards, lol. Though its feet don't appear to be webbed, they are quite slender.

i saw that both views of the left starter too. it does look like a duck if it's head is looking up but if it's the other possible way then it's more of a ostrich/flamingo/peacock looking bird...

hahaha that would be weird. they could just be small ears. im rly worried coz it reminds of a beaver... which reminds me of bidoof...
    lol, i said that as soon as it came out... i was like what's that thing... oh my Bidoof... good thing i actually like bidoof...

Last edited:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Another piece of speculation about the left one, its tail could be made of 3 smaller leaves in a fan-like manner. (see "Shiftry")
    also see flygons tail. it aint made of leaves, but it looks like the same sort of fan. the middle pokemons mouth looks a bit weird...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back