• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Are there any thoughts on what the next pseudo legendary might be? I hope it's going to be either a fighting type, fighting/dragon type or a Fire/dragon type. A water pseudo-legendary based on the Kraken sounds cool as well.

Kraken Pseudo-Legend would be aweosme XD

but im hopin a Fire/Dragon :3
    maybe an ice/dragon :3

to be honest i hope they do a hoenn again ,and give us 2pseudo-legends(salamence,& metagross)
    and 2 pseudo-pseudo-legends lol (flygon,& slaking)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Kraken Pseudo-Legend would be aweosme XD

but im hopin a Fire/Dragon :3
    maybe an ice/dragon :3

to be honest i hope they do a hoenn again ,and give us 2pseudo-legends(salamence,& metagross)
    and 2 pseudo-pseudo-legends lol (flygon,& slaking)

Do you know when the nex set of new pictures/info come out for this ?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Are there any thoughts on what the next pseudo legendary might be? I hope it's going to be either a fighting type, fighting/dragon type or a Fire/dragon type. A water pseudo-legendary based on the Kraken sounds cool as well.
    Indeed they should give us 2 pseudo legendaries. I hope this generation will gives as many new pokemon as the third gen.

a Fire/dragon Chinese lion/dragon hybrid and a water typer Kraken as. or a Fighting type Minotaur and a Poison/dragon Komodo dragon.

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    In the past would they reveal how the pokemon look in there shiny forms or would we have to wait for the game to be released? I want to see a shiny Tsutaaja.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    In the past would they reveal how the pokemon look in there shiny forms or would we have to wait for the game to be released? I want to see a shiny Tsutaaja.

nope you gotta wait for shinies :P

but so do i, i hope its red, or black :3

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I just saw this gif on NeoGaf:

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

It looks like there might be sprite animations during combat.

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
    Years
    On Serebii it say's that the next issue of CoroCoro due June 15 more new pokemon will be revealed along with information on how to obtain Zorua. Oh and the bridge is called sky arrow bridge which connects hiun to another city.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I just saw this gif on NeoGaf:

It looks like there might be sprite animations during combat.

they only posted the pics we have so far together, its not actual animation, it could be wat the screenshots were meant to show tho ^_^

On Serebii it say's that the next issue of CoroCoro due June 15 more new pokemon will be revealed along with information on how to obtain Zorua. Oh and the bridge is called sky arrow bridge which connects hiun to another city.

cant wait XD
    im startin to think its New York City = Huinn City

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I would love to see Cover Art/Legendaries next! I saw the thing on Serebii, but it sounds like they'll only be showing one like they did for Shinx. I hope not though. Region map will be nice too, and Protagonists names, if we don't have that already.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Heres my idea of how the new pokemon should be done

21new fire (itll balance out with grass then)
    16new grass
    15new dark
    8new dragon
    6new water
    3new steel (a new 2evolution family)
    5-12new electric
    4new ice
    1-2 pure flying types
    1new psychic
    3normal
    and then all others get several new ^_^

note: the abundance of dark& fire types is to even out the lack of both.
    the lack of water is cuz THERES TOO MANY ALREADY, water types are the most heavily supported, we need to focus on the lackin types.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I hope they don't add ANY waters. The current ones are great, Lumineon and all. Please NO MORE!!! PLEASE!!! I'm really serious about this.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I hope they don't add ANY waters. The current ones are great, Lumineon and all. Please NO MORE!!! PLEASE!!! I'm really serious about this.

you know theyll add more, thats why im countin the beginners in those nubmers lol, that way only 3others ;)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    DANG IT.
    I missed the huge unviel two days ago thanks to my internet being non-existant. :X

Hm, I have to say I'm VERY pleased with the grass starter, I sorta wanted the fire starter to be a rabbit, but, it didn't come out too bad, and the water starter....

I like the concept, but I can't make a decision if they pulled it off or not.
    But I welcome them all.

I wonder what they're evolutions are going to be?

speculationgasm

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Heres my idea of how the new pokemon should be done

21new fire (itll balance out with grass then)
    16new grass
    15new dark
    8new dragon
    6new water
    3new steel (a new 2evolution family)
    5-12new electric
    4new ice
    1-2 pure flying types
    1new psychic
    3normal
    and then all others get several new ^_^

note: the abundance of dark& fire types is to even out the lack of both.
    the lack of water is cuz THERES TOO MANY ALREADY, water types are the most heavily supported, we need to focus on the lackin types.

Mostly agree with this, with dark types I hope they make some more Dark-Type moves :\ Bite/Crunch were so widespread that most of the Darks could have been easily replaced by something else.

New Electrics? Yesyesyes.

We also need more Ice, even with the (slight) increase from the snowy region of Sinnoh we still only have 26 Ice Pokémon! D:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016

There's also speculation that Hiun City might be based on Manhattan Island. Keep in mind that the Corocoro scans said that Isshu is very far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back