• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    Maybe but they didnt do murkrow till 2 gens after so it could be in gen 6 or 7 :\

I know. I just wanted to say that they can make evolutions of some very old pokemon which can suprise us.
    I mean they`ve also made an evolution of Lickytung in the 4th gen, but Licky was introduced in the 1st Gen.

Let`s hope that there won`t be too much evolutions of old pokes (5-10% of pokemon which evolve from old ones are enough). But I also hope that the new pokemon don`t look too ugly...

Years
    This Pokemon Sunday sucked. Nothing 5th Gen, just about the new Ranger game. Oh, and next week, they will release the artwork of a new Pokemon...or maybe they will just officially release Zoroark's artwork (even though we already know it), which would be sad :[

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think that Pokemon Sunday are doing this on purpose. Now that we know about Zoroak through Coro Coro, they'll keep quiet about it and keep us wanting more. I bet they had a lot of viewers this week.

Years
    I know. I just wanted to say that they can make evolutions of some very old pokemon which can suprise us.
    I mean they`ve also made an evolution of Lickytung in the 4th gen, but Licky was introduced in the 1st Gen.

Let`s hope that there won`t be too much evolutions of old pokes (5-10% of pokemon which evolve from old ones are enough). But I also hope that the new pokemon don`t look too ugly...

Professor Rowan and his 90% of Pokeon are tied to evolution.
    I just want some hatred evolution so I (we)can buy herbs and use FRUSTRATION. So hard for me to evolve Budew in the morn (DS-9?) and the only guys I got that hate me are Graveler (I like better than Golem), Koffing, Weezing, And "Esphere".

Never mind the evolutions. Its thye WHO is getting a baby that I want to know. Whether there are going to be gender-only guys like Tauros a boy or Jynx a girl is also worth my curiosity.
    So is what the next cat is going to be. Not sure if there are enough Pokemon kitties yet...

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    I figured nothing happened this week. Someone would have posted about by now. It makes sense that they'd release artwork of a new Pokemon, and not of Zorua/Zoroark. We already have their artwork.

I wonder what Zorua/Zoroark's English names will be.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I figured nothing happened this week. Someone would have posted about by now. It makes sense that they'd release artwork of a new Pokemon, and not of Zorua/Zoroark. We already have their artwork.

I wonder what Zorua/Zoroark's English names will be.
    Knowing the dubbers, they'll probably change it to "Ken" or "Bobby". So uncool.

Years
    Depends a bit on translation from japanese to other languages.
    I expect either letter replacement (Chonchi > Chinchou) or synonym mimicry or no change.

I still like the German Snorlax.
    Relaxo is so much better sounding in my opinion.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    You know what would be sweet? 4th and 5th level evos...Charizard evos and stuff like that old story with Metal Coat and Charizard made a Metal Charizard lol maybe cross evos like

Pokemon 1 -> Pokemon 3 -V
    ______________________Pokemon 5
    Pokemon 2 -> Pokemon 4 -^

Oh and most importantly, a Prevo for Tauros and Miltank so the Male evos into Tauros and Female to Miltank, and evos for Tauros and Miltank, Tauros is a favorite of mine

and for the Hate Evos how about a held item that hurts your pokemon that makes them mad at you, like a shock collar so you can be evil

what would be sweet is if the story changes with whatever you decide like if you piss one person off they come back to get you

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    You know what would be sweet? 4th and 5th level evos...Charizard evos and stuff like that old story with Metal Coat and Charizard made a Metal Charizard lol maybe cross evos like

Pokemon 1 -> Pokemon 3 -V
    ______________________Pokemon 5
    Pokemon 2 -> Pokemon 4 -^

I thinking about digimon now %(

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I think there are only 3 bugs OU Scizor,Heracross, and Ninjask. I mean look at all the crappy bugs we have. (Shedinja,Parasect, etc) More than 50% of the bugs are 4x's weak to SR so they need better typing's for them.

Parasect works in Uber actually. But yeah there are so many crappy bugs.

Yes, but psychic/dark are both fast and powerful, so their weakness to bug is barely a weakness at all.

Darks fast? They're certainly powerful but besides Weavile (and Darkrai) there's nothing faster than base 95 (I guess in their defense though, there's not very many of them...). But yeah that really just shows (and I think it was the point of your first post so I'm not disagreeing) that the Bugs are just discriminated against when it comes to good stats. The OU ones are the only real ones with good defenses and probably more importantly, aren't weak to SR (Scizor, Forretress, Heracross.). SR is easily the biggest thing standing in the way of future bug success. =/ Stupid SR.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    you know, i was thinking about zoroark. hes supposed to be the master of illusions . in the movie theres an "evil ash"

evil ash = zoroark illusioning people?

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    I already said this on another topic but what the hell.

So for a definite the fire starter will be part of the Chinese Zodiac.
    The choices left are:
    Ox
    Tiger
    Rabbit
    Snake
    Horse
    Goat
    Dog
    Pig

Adding on to that the grass starter will be a definite reptile.

And the water starter..... well not sure.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I already said this on another topic but what the hell.

So for a definite the fire starter will be part of the Chinese Zodiac.
    The choices left are:
    Ox
    Tiger
    Rabbit
    Snake
    Horse
    Goat
    Dog
    Pig

Adding on to that the grass starter will be a definite reptile.

And the water starter..... well not sure.

Oh hey, Charizard=Dragon. Typhlosion=Rat (not sure about this one). Blaziken=Rooster. Infernape=Monkey (Obviously) Never realised that.

I think Snake or Horse/Goat have the best chances. But if it's a Horse than they'll have to make it stand out as opposed to Rapidash.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope an Ox lol that would be sweet...

I thinking about digimon now %(

Thats not like digimon...Digimon go up and down from Pre-Rookie to Super OMGWTFBQQ Level...thats not close to sharing a evo...

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Oh hey, Charizard=Dragon. Typhlosion=Rat (not sure about this one). Blaziken=Rooster. Infernape=Monkey (Obviously) Never realised that.

I think Snake or Horse/Goat have the best chances. But if it's a Horse than they'll have to make it stand out as opposed to Rapidash.

personally, Tiger would probably work best.

But they have to make it look unique, rather than just cat-growlithe

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I never noticed that pattern before...Interesting. I'm hoping for a Dog Fire-starter (My zodiac animal is a dog, lol)

I came up with another possible 'theme' for the Gen V games. What if they base it on Greek Mythology? We've gone through Japanese, Hebrew, why not Greek? The boxart Legends could represent Zeus, Posiedon, and Hades, the three most powerful gods of Greek mythology. Plus, if the games do go for a Greek mythological aspect, they have an enormous amount of Pokemon to be based on Gods, Goddesses, and monsters. I'd say we'd see 12 Legendaries, each representing one of the Pantheon (Zeus, Hades, Posiedon, Athena, Hera, Aphrodite, Artemis, Apollo, Demeter, Pan, Hermes, and Dionysus). Yes, 12 legends may seem like a lot, but, unlike Gen IV, each of the legends would have a purpose (No Manaphy, no Heatran, no Phione).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I came up with another possible 'theme' for the Gen V games. What if they base it on Greek Mythology? We've gone through Japanese, Hebrew, why not Greek? The boxart Legends could represent Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, the three most powerful gods of Greek mythology

Hey!, That is a good idea! But lets not make them, humanoid liek the Gods. Maybe, the Zeus Pokemon could look similar to Lugia, Ho-OH, or Groudon or Rayquaza. The Poseidon Pokemon could look similar to Kyogre, Lugia, or maybe even Suicune. And the Hades Pokemon could Darkrai, Giratina or Rayquaza.

And maybe have a Hermes Pokemon similar to Manaphy or Jirachi.

Years
    You make these?
    Nope.

I think there are only 3 bugs OU Scizor,Heracross, and Ninjask. I mean look at all the crappy bugs we have. (Shedinja,Parasect, etc) More than 50% of the bugs are 4x's weak to SR so they need better typing's for them.
    Shedinja is beast in Ubers and VGC 2010 if you know how to use him.

I came up with another possible 'theme' for the Gen V games. What if they base it on Greek Mythology? We've gone through Japanese, Hebrew, why not Greek?
    Elaborate, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back