• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Haha, and if the helper guy in the gym's was either a girl or a guy, opposite to your character, and had a HUUUGE crush on you, it would be so funny.

"Oh my god, your muscles look so big in that hat, oh, and don't use ice types, marry me... WHAT who said that I didnt say that um... um... just win for me please!!"

I WANT I WANT I WANT!! Like Dawn's skirt is high enough...SOMEONE NOTICE!! =P But why opposite genders...? :P

Think of all the puns!!

"You drive me absolutely buggy"
    "Fire types like the love burning in my heart"
    "You're simply electrifying"
    "Nerves of Steel!! And your abs are pretty close too!"
    "Fight for me!!"
    "If I was a grass type you could water my seed" PG? :P
    The above reminds me of a not so PG water type one as well...:P
    "You're a dragon"
    "Like a Ghost you snuck into my heart"
    "I like poison, it's simply diiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty."
    "Normal you? Err types? Hardly!!"
    "Hey Mr. Tall Dark and Hansome."
    "Hard as rock" I wasn't reffering to that!! =O :P
    "Are you psychic because <insert pick-up line>"

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Haha, I can think of a few like for Ground, "Ooh, I love it when you get down and dirty", Flying "You can be my angel anyday" Ugh, they would be SO bad, it would be amazing.

Abother thing, off of bad pick-up Pokemon type lines, I really want to see cities that have real depth. For the most part, the cities in the games have tried to have a sort of personality, but I never really feel like you get to know how the people live there. It would be nice if people left there houses and walked around, if there were cars, if it wasn't so monotone!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Ooh I like flying!! Yeah I've long said that Hoenn and Johto are my favourite regions in large part because the towns have the most personality. Fortree, Sootopolis, Ecruteak, Goldenrod etc. But none of the towns go up and beyond. The only city pride has to do with some town legend.

AMP UP THE CITIES!!

Eos Aduro

Years
    Hoenn definitely had the best cities, they varied more in my opinion from Sinnoh. Sinnoh had variety, they looked different, but the people all acted the same. In Hoenn, Mossdeep people were way different from Mauville, because they had a different environment. In Sinnoh, Hearthome was sort of overly happy, I was sort of creeped it. It was like a city of stoned people in some ways... But that was the only difference. Snowpoint people porbably should have been bitter and whiny, but they weren't.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    They were, well Snowpoint actually acknowledged the snow and what not. Floaroma was all, "We live by flowers." Sunnyshore was pretty good. But Veilstone was lifeless, Eterna wasn't much better. The town with the safari zone was pretty boring too. =/

Eos Aduro

Years
    Yeah, Pastoria. But Sootopolis, unbeatable, best city in any Pokemon game in my opinion.

And I noticed another Pokemon I now want to have an evolution, Stantler. It has great abilities and decent stats, and a wide movepool, just no real edge, it's a perfect candidate!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I loved Sootopolis!! Especially how you had to dive to get there. The people really embodied the the isolated feeling too!! I think almost all of Hoenn's cities got it right. Except maybe Lavaridge and the town directly north of it. Can't remember the name of it...

Yes! I thought of it when I was thinking of a Moose pokemon but it completely slipped my mind. Moose (meese xD :P) are remarkable animals and so powerful, Stantler could use the evo!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I like the idea of the Pokemon Leaguie and Battle Frontier being merged:

- Remove level restrictions.
    - Maybe Pokemon restrictions still.
    - Battle Tower is intially off limits.
    - Get basic prints (or symbols or whatever) in all facilities to unlock the Battle Tower.
    - Get the Battle Tower basic print to enter the Hall of Fame and unlock all silver print challenges.
    - Silver challenges have a lot higher levels.
    - Getting all silver prints unlocks gold challenges.
    - Gold challenges have only level 100 Pokemon.

Basic challenges would be a lot easier than say previous generations' Battle Frontiers, but silver and gold should be about the difficulty level of the previou generations' Battle Frontiers.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I'm surprised how many wants the E4 to be a tournament... I think it works out great as it is! D:
    Look, Ill make sure they put the Battle Frontier in there, so you can play that instead... ;) Nah kidding.

Hah, I like the idea of having some more fans... a little like the trainer fanclub in Kanto and Hoenn... But won't it gt tiring after a while, lol? Before you know it, we'll all use the *cough* cloth change option to disguise ourselves so no one'll notice us XD

Ooh, the Gym Nerd falling in love with you? Could be nice, but... How fun is it really to have that old man with his sunglasses stand there and say things like "You can wate my seed anytime, rawr" to the ten-year old player O_O

Oh, speaking of that, I'm getting pretty sick of playing ten year olds, see, sohow about actually being a teen for once :D
    Oh, and bring the hardcoreness that were in Gen 1-2 back; I want Pkmn dying! ^_^

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    How is Pokemon dying not still in it? Originally it was just a haunted grave tower with a dead Marowak. They still have the haunted grave tower and a haunted house (with human ghosts).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Those trailers go in the show section!
    Just looking at zoroark im guessing it has the abilitiy to transform into different pokemon/people

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'd like to see more environmental battle effects. Icy ground reduces evasion and may make battlers hurt themselves in battle rather than perform a successful attack, that kind of thing.

The new trailer is absolutly AWESOME!

Zoroark looks so cool and evil xD heres the link for the vid...

https://www.filb.de/forum/showthread.php?t=3606
    In the live action parts, did anyone notice that blue and red stuffed doll on the far right on the shelves? It doesn't look like any Pokémon I know.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'd like to see more environmental battle effects. Icy ground reduces evasion and may make battlers hurt themselves in battle rather than perform a successful attack, that kind of thing.

In the live action parts, did anyone notice that blue and red stuffed doll on the far right on the shelves? It doesn't look like any Pokémon I know.
    Well, that show isnt really just pokemon based, they cover other things aswell (its not pokemon sunday) i think thats the shows mascot!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    With Pkmn dying, I mostly thought of Team Rocket killing people/Pkmn.

I think it could be kinda nice atleast mentioning that kinds of stuff. Team Galactic tried to destroy the world, but they just kidnapped (and abused Pkmn)...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    what about outside battle effects? Okay lets say you have a battle inside a building and you use ice beam on the enemy. When the battle is over the room gets a little colder and some of the objects inside are frozen solid. The objects and the room can revert back to normal once you leave the room and come back in.

oh heres another example: You're in a forest and you are challenged to a battle. You use leafblade, psycho cut, or cut and when the battle is over you can see broken branches, cut grass, and torn leaves on the ground and once you leave the area and come back it will be restored.

I think that would be a cool feature in future games, just got to think outside the box a bit.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    what about outside battle effects? Okay lets say you have a battle inside a building and you use ice beam on the enemy. When the battle is over the room gets a little colder and some of the objects inside are frozen solid. The objects and the room can revert back to normal once you leave the room and come back in.

oh heres another example: You're in a forest and you are challenged to a battle. You use leafblade, psycho cut, or cut and when the battle is over you can see broken branches, cut grass, and torn leaves on the ground and once you leave the area and come back it will be restored.

I think that would be a cool feature in future games, just got to think outside the box a bit.

That reminds me of how (Forget what game but I think GOld you could for sure) you used to be able to use cut to cut tall grass and maybe even the shorter stuff. That was always fun. :P

I'm surprised how many wants the E4 to be a tournament... I think it works out great as it is! D:
    Look, Ill make sure they put the Battle Frontier in there, so you can play that instead... ;) Nah kidding.

Hah, I like the idea of having some more fans... a little like the trainer fanclub in Kanto and Hoenn... But won't it gt tiring after a while, lol? Before you know it, we'll all use the *cough* cloth change option to disguise ourselves so no one'll notice us XD

Ooh, the Gym Nerd falling in love with you? Could be nice, but... How fun is it really to have that old man with his sunglasses stand there and say things like "You can wate my seed anytime, rawr" to the ten-year old player O_O

Oh, speaking of that, I'm getting pretty sick of playing ten year olds, see, sohow about actually being a teen for once :D
    Oh, and bring the hardcoreness that were in Gen 1-2 back; I want Pkmn dying! ^_^

Well I definately don't want the Elite 4 to become a tournament. I want there to be a "Champions" Tournament after the Elite 4. And not directly after, just like a little later in the game.

Haha sounds awesome!! We don't need paparazzi!! Just some recognition!!

Bahaha, maybe that wasn't be best example, but "You're electrifying" with some romantic hints is totally acceptable. They could make the dude younger...but I agree!! Proffesor xtree could easily ask you what age you are at the beginning of the game!!

As long as it's your pokemon dying. :P I like mine. :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    That reminds me of how (Forget what game but I think GOld you could for sure) you used to be able to use cut to cut tall grass and maybe even the shorter stuff. That was always fun.

They had that feature in G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG and they took it out in DPPt, not sure about HGSS though. I wanted them to add more of that into the games. Oooo what about falling rocks when your in a cave? lol a minigame dodging rocks. Eh no that would get annoying. But still..

btw does anyone feel the need to have 2 rivals? One thats a friendly rival, and the other that hates your gut. That would make it interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back