• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    As many of you should know, a 5th Generation Pokemon will be revealed on February 23 on Pokemon Sunday.I have came up with a theory when the 5th Gen will begin for both Japan and USA.

For Japan:
    Generation 1 started in 1996
    Generation 2 started in 1999
    Generation 3 started in 2002
    Generation 4 started in 2006

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 3 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3 again. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes two numbers, add one, then two numbers again. The math is 2006 + 4 = 2010. This is when I think Generation 5 will begin in Japan.

For USA:
    Generation 1 started in 1998
    Generation 2 started in 2000
    Generation 3 started in 2003
    Generation 4 started in 2007

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 2 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes for every Generation you add a another year. So 5 years from 2007 if it follows this cycle will be 2012. But it also could be 2011 because Pokemon game release a year after the Japan ones.

Also pokemon from Gen 4 was announced in Gen 3 in 2005, 1 year before Gen 4 in Japan and 2 in USA. Thus Gen 5 might happen between 2010 and 2012.

Now another theory for the system Generation 5 will be played on is you can trade pokemon from Gen 1 into Gen 2. You can import pokemon from Gen 3 into Gen 4. There are some rumors for a DS 2. So what I'm saying is that the DS 2 will be release on a different console than Gen 4, therefore can't trade pokemon from Gen 4 in Gen 5. So the DS 2 would be released in Japan in 2010 and in the USA in 2012 or 2011.

Remember this is just a theory, there is no evidence if anything is true or not. But if it is, The all I could say is, I totally called it!

Years
    ^ THANK YOU!!!

What he says is true.

I think the only reason for remake games are to tide us over, HG/SS is made so epic because Gen 5 is going to be even more epic.

DS 2 Maybe like a DSi but with higher resolution and graphics. It's going to be made 3-D of course, but....lets just say that Gen 5 will make you piss your pants.

Ideas for new Pokemon? I think we're going to get a bulky lizard fire starter, an offensive but fast water starter with bad defense, maybe a Physical/Special Grass Starter...I have many ideas for this Gen.

There are too many mammal fire-starters, maybe a mammal water/grass starter?

Gen 5 will introduce more Pokemon that won't evolve, and bringing probably some of the last Evos/Pre Evos. Gen 3, of course will be featured with Gen 5, bringing us a new female/male character maybe?

Female Professor, anyone? Prof. Maple?

My speculation goes for miles...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    As much as I think ti looks like a new evo: Look at the facts.

The first pokemon introduced in the Metal Generation was Ho-Oh (if you count it :P In the first episode of the anime). If not, it was Togepi (or Marill... Cant remember if the Pikablu rumors came before Togepi). For the R/S generation, This time, Wailmer was the first one premiered outside of the anime, and Kecleon in the anime. For D/P, Munchlax was first.

So, out of 3 generations, only ONE has been an evolution that has premiered first. So to be honest, there's about a 33% chance of it being an evolution, and a 66% chance of it being new, just based on past incidents.
    I thought the first D/P Pokemon introduced was Lucario in the eight Pokemon film.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I think I'm gonna like Gen V if they get that silhouette to look like a werewolf. lol
    I'd have high hopes for it anyway.
    If Obliveon makes it into this gen, It will be epic and this generation will have delivered.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010

i saw on another thread about this one. idk if its fake or not

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I'd like to see an angle, where You are the younger sibling, of a pokemon trainer, and you rise through the ranks to beat big bro, or sis in the Pokemon league.

I'd also like to see the inclusion of an actual pokemon league done the same way the battle frontier is, and if you win you have to face the Elite four.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    As many of you should know, a 5th Generation Pokemon will be revealed on February 23 on Pokemon Sunday.I have came up with a theory when the 5th Gen will begin for both Japan and USA.

For Japan:
    Generation 1 started in 1996
    Generation 2 started in 1999
    Generation 3 started in 2002
    Generation 4 started in 2006

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 3 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3 again. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes two numbers, add one, then two numbers again. The math is 2006 + 4 = 2010. This is when I think Generation 5 will begin in Japan.

For USA:
    Generation 1 started in 1998
    Generation 2 started in 2000
    Generation 3 started in 2003
    Generation 4 started in 2007

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 2 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes for every Generation you add a another year. So 5 years from 2007 if it follows this cycle will be 2012. But it also could be 2011 because Pokemon game release a year after the Japan ones.

Also pokemon from Gen 4 was announced in Gen 3 in 2005, 1 year before Gen 4 in Japan and 2 in USA. Thus Gen 5 might happen between 2010 and 2012.

Now another theory for the system Generation 5 will be played on is you can trade pokemon from Gen 1 into Gen 2. You can import pokemon from Gen 3 into Gen 4. There are some rumors for a DS 2. So what I'm saying is that the DS 2 will be release on a different console than Gen 4, therefore can't trade pokemon from Gen 4 in Gen 5. So the DS 2 would be released in Japan in 2010 and in the USA in 2012 or 2011.

Remember this is just a theory, there is no evidence if anything is true or not. But if it is, The all I could say is, I totally called it!

Adapting Japanese games to english was still relatively new territory when Red/Blue came out, therefore, it took longer.

Nowadays, it comes out about 6 months after the release, and has done so for the past few generations.

Zizi

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    I dearly hope they spice the plot up a bit for 5th generation.. there has been some awesome plots but it hasn't really strayed away from it's original formula so it would be nice to see even just a few of the usual elements of the plot shaken up a bit :D

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Woah, calm down there. I get it, you don't like the idea of light type.

I didn't like the idea either of new types just a few months ago (apart from ??? type, but, moving on). But, seeing how the game is played, it could really use just a few more types. Not more than two or three, but just for a little more balance. For example, dragon is only super-effective against other dragon-type Pokemon. For a type as ultimate as dragon, don't you think that it needs to be a bit more "awesome"? I propose the light type would make a good weakness to dragon- even the "good" cannot beat dragons.

According the the first news release of a new Generation, they called it an "inventive rebirth". So, don't be surprised if they change around a few things. This generation may be entirely different from the Pokemon that we grew up playing.

Well you need to look at the dragon Pokemon themselves more than what the typing is effective on. Also consider that dragon is neutral to everything except steel, and its SE on dragon. Every single dragon there is with the exclusion of Altaria is Uber or OU. Draco Meteor and Outrage are extremely powerful moves, and with STAB they hit everything for massive damage. Overall, dragons are broken in theory, high powered moves and stats, tons of resistances, wide movepool, etc. But they are kept in check mainly by steel types, or in the case of Latias, dark and bug moves, so Tyranitar, Weavile even.

How would new types benefit the games? You say that it will cause more balance, but the games are already almost perfectly balanced. Their is no unstoppable Pokemon, everything has a counter, everything has a weakness, and a strength. Salamence is a dominating Pokemon, powerful moves, Intimidate to lower attack, amazing stats. But, its 4x ice weak leaves it with problems facing Ice Shards, and other fast Ice users. Steel types can often stop it if it uses Outrage. Adding another type probably wouldn't create balance, but disrupt the equilibrium thats been obtained. You have to consider facts that can be argued for light-type. Other than, it's cool and it's about time, there are no real reasons.

And Im hoping for changes personally, like a better group of villains. Team Galactic in my humble opinion was a bunch of escapees from a Vegas show that went rogue. I didn't find them sinister or even evil, just whiny and full of themselves. Cyrus wasn't bad, but he didn't really command my attention like Giovanni.

Also, toning down the legendaries would be nice! DPPt had WAY too many for me. Manaphy, Phione, Regigigas, Shaymin, and even Heatran I found pointless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    I agree that they need to add something to "spice it up" as they do every generation but I just don't see them adding a new type this far into it. If they were going to add new types surely the 3rd and 4th Generations were the time to do it?

Also:

This is so sweet, if they actually used this for the final thing I would be happy haha although I suppose I can't wait to see the real thing. I'm stuck between it being a Riolu evo, Mightyena evo or just a new pokemon altogether. Anyway won't be too long before we find out!

That looks alot like Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog. I also see it as being an evolved form of Lucario or Mightyena,

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    To me, a "good guy" type doesn't work. I think pokemon and people for that matter should be good based on who they are as a pokemon and not on what type they are. Not all dark pokemon are evil, and not all ghost pokemon are bad, so it really doesn't make much sense to create a sort of "holy" type. I don't know maybe I misinterpreted what you meant...

The Dark type in Japanese is the Bad type. If not all Dark Pokemon are bad, then not all Light Pokemon have to be good. They just use aether and evil energy to battle.

As for the rest of what you said. You're basically saying that Gen V should be a rehash of Gen IV, because Pokemon isn't at high risk of going under...

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    LIGHT-TYPE

Introduction
    . Light does not mean good. Light and Dark are just the ways the Pokémon finds to use its abilities. While Dark ones steal and cheat (Snatch, Thief, Fake Tears), Light ones prefer to sacrifice for their companions (Softboiled, Double-Edge, Helping Hand)

Light-type's match-up list
    . Reason: This is the Type Rivalry List. No, Psychic is not Dark's opposite.

GRASS vs. FIRE (Fire superiority)
    WATER vs. ELECTRIC (Electric superiority)
    NORMAL vs. GHOST (Double immunity)
    FLYING vs. GROUND (Flying immunity)
    BUG vs. POISON (Double weakness – RBY)
    PSYCHIC vs. FIGHTING (Psychic superiority)
    ROCK vs. ICE (Solid materials)
    DARK vs. LIGHT (Obvious reason)
    DRAGON vs. STEEL (Elemental and Major defenses, respectively)

By this, Light-type's match-up list is simply the opposite of Dark-type's.

Super-effective against: Fighting, Normal, Dark

Not very effective against: Light, Psychic, Dragon

Weak to: Poison, Psychic, Dark

Resistant to: Normal, Light
    Immune to: Fighting

The new match-up chart would be like this:

Light-type Pokémon
    . No Light-type Pokémon can be in a Dark Pokémon card. So Raichu, Wigglytuff and Ampharos are out. But Light can still use Dark moves and vice-versa. There are no 3 Stage Evolution all with Dark type nor Dark babies by now, so no Light babies for guarantee.

are purity and altruism themselves.
    makes barriers of light, like Light Screen.
    because if we can't make Mewtwo a Dark-type anymore, at least we can say it lost its Light in the clonage.
    opposes to Vileplume's Poison (Light's weakness) and
    opposes to Poliwrath's Fighting (Light's immunity). These two make Light-type well balanced.
    is guided by light, though it'd receive 4x damage from Poison.
    oppose to Murkrow and Honchkrow (Dark), Pain Spliting is a kind of sacrifice and for Mismagius, there is Light magic, too.
    is illumation even in its name. Volbeat is more focused on Bug abilities, and its light is more electricity than emanated purity.
    has Light moves and looks.
    opens under high sunlight.
    for their illumination abilities. Lumineon is also as powerful as Lanturn and Sharpedo, beind their counterpart and oppose, respectively.
    may be not have the light look, but they have never been in a Dark card, and are a symbol of friendship. Plus, Electricity and Fire can produce Light.
    Land Forme can have a second type too. And Light fits it well.

Light-type moves
    : since Bite used to be a Normal move, all the moves listed below are Normal, by now. Though Flash Cannon looks like a Light move to me, new attack moves can be created in the future.

Double-Edge, Sweet Kiss, Flash, Swagger, Present, Pain Split, Safeguard, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Helping Hand, Assist, Tickle, Last Resort, Captivate.
    …and light shines in darkness, and darkness could not overpower it.
    Eos Aduro, were you ripping who to the shreds???

Years
    ^ Thank you for explaining this.

Although Light would defeat Ghost too, not to mention that Poison types would hate it as well.

Light would be holy to a degree, but not like that. Wouldn't Arceus have a Light Plate*or Shining Plate* As well?

I have more speculation...thank you....

Years
    LIGHT-TYPE

Introduction
    . Light does not mean good. Light and Dark are just the ways the Pokémon finds to use its abilities. While Dark ones steal and cheat (Snatch, Thief, Fake Tears), Light ones prefer to sacrifice for their companions (Softboiled, Double-Edge, Helping Hand)

Light-type's match-up list
    . Reason: This is the Type Rivalry List. No, Psychic is not Dark's opposite.

GRASS vs. FIRE (Fire superiority)
    WATER vs. ELECTRIC (Electric superiority)
    NORMAL vs. GHOST (Double immunity)
    FLYING vs. GROUND (Flying immunity)
    BUG vs. POISON (Double weakness – RBY)
    PSYCHIC vs. FIGHTING (Psychic superiority)
    ROCK vs. ICE (Solid materials)
    DARK vs. LIGHT (Obvious reason)
    DRAGON vs. STEEL (Elemental and Major defenses, respectively)

By this, Light-type's match-up list is simply the opposite of Dark-type's.

Super-effective against: Fighting, Normal, Dark

Not very effective against: Light, Psychic, Dragon

Weak to: Poison, Psychic, Dark

Resistant to: Normal, Light
    Immune to: Fighting

The new match-up chart would be like this:

Light-type Pokémon
    . No Light-type Pokémon can be in a Dark Pokémon card. So Raichu, Wigglytuff and Ampharos are out. But Light can still use Dark moves and vice-versa. There are no 3 Stage Evolution all with Dark type nor Dark babies by now, so no Light babies for guarantee.

are purity and altruism themselves.
    makes barriers of light, like Light Screen.
    because if we can't make Mewtwo a Dark-type anymore, at least we can say it lost its Light in the clonage.
    opposes to Vileplume's Poison (Light's weakness) and
    opposes to Poliwrath's Fighting (Light's immunity). These two make Light-type well balanced.
    is guided by light, though it'd receive 4x damage from Poison.
    oppose to Murkrow and Honchkrow (Dark), Pain Spliting is a kind of sacrifice and for Mismagius, there is Light magic, too.
    is illumation even in its name. Volbeat is more focused on Bug abilities, and its light is more electricity than emanated purity.
    has Light moves and looks.
    opens under high sunlight.
    for their illumination abilities. Lumineon is also as powerful as Lanturn and Sharpedo, beind their counterpart and oppose, respectively.
    may be not have the light look, but they have never been in a Dark card, and are a symbol of friendship. Plus, Electricity and Fire can produce Light.
    Land Forme can have a second type too. And Light fits it well.

Light-type moves
    : since Bite used to be a Normal move, all the moves listed below are Normal, by now. Though Flash Cannon looks like a Light move to me, new attack moves can be created in the future.

Double-Edge, Sweet Kiss, Flash, Swagger, Present, Pain Split, Safeguard, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Helping Hand, Assist, Tickle, Last Resort, Captivate.
    Eos Aduro, were you ripping who to the shreds???
    What about Espeon, who is the opposite of Umbreon, and learns moves like Morning Sun?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    What about Espeon, who is the opposite of Umbreon, and learns moves like Morning Sun?
    For that, I was hoping for a new Eeveelution (can't get enough!). One that could learn Morning Sun and Moonlight, maybe.

Lunamewtwo said:
    Nice detailed explanation
    Thank you. I'm gonna do it for other types I support. (Yes, Sound is one of them.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back