• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
Years
  • Yep, original new secondary types for next generation's the starters. In the 4th Generation, they kinda overdid it with Infernape being a Fighting-type (seeing as the generation before it's Fire starter was also Fighting; Blaziken) and Empoleon looks nothing like a Steel-type. Torterra was a decent design in my opinion.

Do you think Nintendo purposely made D/P fairly disappointing, to better anticipate the arrival of the 5th Generation? I know some people like the 4th, but for those who consider it rather the worst set of games, maybe it's another one of Nintendo's tricky schemes? I really hope so :]

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Hmm...taking both of those ideas, what if they made the starters with Psychic, Ghost, and Fighting as the secondary types of Fire, Water, and Grass? I think that would be cool as long as it's not another Fire/Fighting. I would have to have three of those starters in a row.
    That would actually be pretty interesting, though the types would have to be: Grass/Dark, Water/Psychic, Fire/Fighting, in order to keep things consistent with the "Rock/Paper/Scissors" thing with the starters... :\

And I really don't want to see another Fire/Fighting...

Yep, original new secondary types for next generation's the starters. In the 4th Generation, they kinda overdid it with Infernape being a Fighting-type (seeing as the generation before it's Fire starter was also Fighting; Blaziken) and Empoleon looks nothing like a Steel-type. Torterra was a decent design in my opinion.

Do you think Nintendo purposely made D/P fairly disappointing, to better anticipate the arrival of the 5th Generation? I know some people like the 4th, but for those who consider it rather the worst set of games, maybe it's another one of Nintendo's tricky schemes? I really hope so :]

I think Empoleon was fairly awesome, actually, and I wasn't disappointed a bit by the DP games, unlike the majority of people. :\

Years
  • What do you all think we'll be seeing in CoroCoro or on Pokemon Sunday concerning 5th gen? I'm hoping for a reveal of the starters.
    Probably more Ranger stuff :/ I like the game and all, but it's getting old now. I'd rather see the starters and, you know, other stuff, like maybe some region info and how many new pokemon there are.
    In the 4th Generation, they kinda overdid it with Infernape being a Fighting-type (seeing as the generation before it's Fire starter was also Fighting; Blaziken) and Empoleon looks nothing like a Steel-type.
    ....Huh? What do you think Empoleon's body is made of? Plastic? *facepalm*
    Either you're being sarcastic and poking fun at 4th gen or.....nvm. I'll be nice. :)

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Hi, um... I'm not sure if anybody posted this yet, but I found this picture of Zoroark from the Movie 13 official site (in Japanese) and it gives us a detailed look at him/her.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

I know it's nothing too big, but it reveals that half of his/hers mane hair thing is black, showing that Zoroark may be partially based on a jester.

~Professor W.

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    That would actually be pretty interesting, though the types would have to be: Grass/Dark, Water/Psychic, Fire/Fighting, in order to keep things consistent with the "Rock/Paper/Scissors" thing with the starters... :\

And I really don't want to see another Fire/Fighting...

It could also be Grass/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Fire/Dark. Or the other combination.

Professor W. said:
    ...it reveals that half of his/hers mane hair thing is black, showing that Zoroark may be partially based on a jester.
    Actually, I think that part that looks like a half-black bit of mane is just the fluff on its right shoulder. You can see that the red mane is between the ears, while the black bit is past the right ear.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Yep, original new secondary types for next generation's the starters. In the 4th Generation, they kinda overdid it with Infernape being a Fighting-type (seeing as the generation before it's Fire starter was also Fighting; Blaziken) and Empoleon looks nothing like a Steel-type. Torterra was a decent design in my opinion.

I think you're digging a little too far there. It doesn't really make any sense and plus 4th gen wasn't really that bad. But there's always room to build so lets just hope they don't pull a Generation III and leave out a bunch of things from the previous gen.

Hmm...taking both of those ideas, what if they made the starters with Psychic, Ghost, and Fighting as the secondary types of Fire, Water, and Grass? I think that would be cool as long as it's not another Fire/Fighting. I would hate to have three of those starters in a row.

Or a second set of starters for later on in the game. And Ice->Ground->Steel or Fighting->Rock->Flying are cooler in my opinion.

Nice observation Professeur W. I'll have to look more into that. :P

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Hi, um... I'm not sure if anybody posted this yet, but I found this picture of Zoroark from the Movie 13 official site (in Japanese) and it gives us a detailed look at him/her.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

I know it's nothing too big, but it reveals that half of his/hers mane hair thing is black, showing that Zoroark may be partially based on a jester.

~Professor W.

Nah, that's just the other side of it's chest fur. You can see it's other ear in between the black and red there.

EDIT:
    Personally, Zorark's appearance also reminds me of Kefka from FF6, with the makeup and the Ponytail, as well as the fact that it's known as 'Evil' and 'Monster'.
    Which gives me another reason to like Zoroarks appearance as Kefka rocked.

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, he looks so much cooler with proper animé style colours, however, does anyone thinks the way he stands looks quite unnatural? Or is it just me?

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Nah, that's just the other side of it's chest fur. You can see it's other ear in between the black and red there.

EDIT:
    Personally, Zorark's appearance also reminds me of Kefka from FF6, with the makeup and the Ponytail, as well as the fact that it's known as 'Evil' and 'Monster'.
    Which gives me another reason to like Zoroarks appearance as Kefka rocked.

Oh, whoops. I make those kind of mistakes pretty often, so this isn't a huge shock. Sorry 'bout that.

~Prof. W.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Wow, he looks so much cooler with proper animé style colours, however, does anyone thinks the way he stands looks quite unnatural? Or is it just me?

I think that's what they were going for. There's a real "supernatural" feel to this Pokemon, plus the fact that it's also shown as quadrupedal in another image. I think the "unnatural" look of it makes it even more natural, in this design's case that is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I was just wondering...What do you think the next games' names will be? Will they go with the gemstone or element theme again?

I said it once, and I'll say it again. Though these gemstones aren't nearly as valuable as rubies, diamonds, and gold, they do have distinct color.

Pokemon Amber and Pokemon Jade
    Pokemon Turquoise

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only two of those I see REALLY happening are Jade and Amber... and they kinda excite me thinking about those titles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back