• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    They didn't have a preview of their next show! *crosses fingers*
    But im sure if anything interesting is gonna be reveiled it would probably be in 3 weeks or so... as thats the day before CoroCoro comes out!

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
    Two things I have on my wishlist:

One is Teleport.... the most useless move in the game. I get that teleporting away is the Abra's gimmick, but that should not stop us from using it. I would like to see Teleport become a Special type U-Turn.

Teleport -- Psychic -- Special -- ATT-70 -- ACC-100 -- PP-20~32
    Effect - After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokemon in waiting.

I want a new category for field effects (FE) from attacks.

Each pokemon would have four effect slots. When your pokemon learns an attack with a FE, the player is asked if they would like to add the FE to the pokemon's FE list. You may add to the list if there are blanks, but you cannot teach a FE over an existing FE, for the same reason HMs are HMs, to clear a spot for an effect you must go to a FE deleter.

With this system you could no longer use an effect if you just have the attack, you would have to have the FE equipped. So for example you could take a Starmie and teach it Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Flash. Delete the attacks, teach it Hydro Pump or something, and still be able to cross all water, and enter dark caves without a slave. Or a Claydol with Teleport and Dig, never get stuck indoors, cave or building. I just think that the HM slave thing has become more of an annoyance then a game balancing system, especially with the number of things to do and places to go after beating the game.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Two things I have on my wishlist:

One is Teleport.... the most useless move in the game. I get that teleporting away is the Abra's gimmick, but that should not stop us from using it. I would like to see Teleport become a Special type U-Turn.

Teleport -- Psychic -- Special -- ATT-70 -- ACC-100 -- PP-20~32
    Effect - After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokemon in waiting.

I want a new category for field effects (FE) from attacks.

Each pokemon would have four effect slots. When your pokemon learns an attack with a FE, the player is asked if they would like to add the FE to the pokemon's FE list. You may add to the list if there are blanks, but you cannot teach a FE over an existing FE, for the same reason HMs are HMs, to clear a spot for an effect you must go to a FE deleter.

With this system you could no longer use an effect if you just have the attack, you would have to have the FE equipped. So for example you could take a Starmie and teach it Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Flash. Delete the attacks, teach it Hydro Pump or something, and still be able to cross all water, and enter dark caves without a slave. Or a Claydol with Teleport and Dig, never get stuck indoors, cave or building. I just think that the HM slave thing has become more of an annoyance then a game balancing system, especially with the number of things to do and places to go after beating the game.

That's a good Idea, it would allow people to vary their teams more, and it wouldn't become a chore having to keep going back to a PC to get a Pokemon with the right HM or TM.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Nothing new today? That sucks. I was really hoping they'd reveal something, at least after a two weeks' wait. But I guess that'll bring more anticipation into the 5th Generation. I'm noticing that not many people care about Tracks of Light as the new generation, as they're just putting it in terms of just 'more Ranger info'. I wonder what else they'll reveal?

For the 4th Generation, Nintendo chose to show Lucario (I don't think they showed its pre-evolution, Riolu, did they?), Bonsly, Munchlax, etc. first. So will they be showing new pre-evos or evos in the next 'update'? Can't wait to see whatever they've got, even if it ends up being a disappointment. :]

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Nothing new today? That sucks. I was really hoping they'd reveal something, at least after a two weeks' wait. But I guess that'll bring more anticipation into the 5th Generation. I'm noticing that not many people care about Tracks of Light as the new generation, as they're just putting it in terms of just 'more Ranger info'. I wonder what else they'll reveal?

For the 4th Generation, Nintendo chose to show Lucario (I don't think they showed its pre-evolution, Riolu, did they?), Bonsly, Munchlax, etc. first. So will they be showing new pre-evos or evos in the next 'update'? Can't wait to see whatever they've got, even if it ends up being a disappointment. :]
    Hell Bonsly even made it into XD. But I actually hope they just reveal new Pokemon, and maybe a few (pre)evos.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Hell Bonsly even made it into XD. But I actually hope they just reveal new Pokemon, and maybe a few (pre)evos.

There was actually mention of Lucario and Bonsly in the first Mystery Dungeon, which was released in September 2006, and Pearl came out April 2007. They encorporate them in pretty early on, that was only 8 monthes apart and they were already in other games.

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    There was actually mention of Lucario and Bonsly in the first Mystery Dungeon, which was released in September 2006, and Pearl came out April 2007. They encorporate them in pretty early on, that was only 8 monthes apart and they were already in other games.

Lolyer, don't forget Mime Jr and Weavile were mentioned in Mystery Dungeon 1 too. They all had statues for them. I was quite suprised that they didn't have a Munchlax one though.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    So, who's betting that it'l be on the much rumoured new DS to be supposedly unveiled soon despite being announced for DS hardware?

I'm guessing it'l be similar to the G/S scenario if this is the case. It's playable on the current DS models, but extra features on the new hardware. Much like the positives of playing in colour and mystery gift via infra-red when you used G/S on a GBC.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    So, who's betting that it'l be on the much rumoured new DS to be supposedly unveiled soon despite being announced for DS hardware?

I'm guessing it'l be similar to the G/S scenario if this is the case. It's playable on the current DS models, but extra features on the new hardware. Much like the positives of playing in colour and mystery gift via infra-red when you used G/S on a GBC.
    I am almost certain that it will be on the normal DS as - I think i have mentioned earlier that, A game like these ds ones take time, if they pretty much only got the development kit then they have little to none knowledge of it capabilitys. So in other words it would be hard to develope a game for something that they don't know can do!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Yes and XD was released in 2005.

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    I am almost certain that it will be on the normal DS as - I think i have mentioned earlier that, A game like these ds ones take time, if they pretty much only got the development kit then they have little to none knowledge of it capabilitys. So in other words it would be hard to develope a game for something that they don't know can do!

Yeah I actually really doubt they will do something with a new handheld console. At the most, I think that it could use the DSi's camera in game for different features?

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years

Sora's right, they JUST acquired the development kits like a week ago(rumor says it has tilt built in+all ds features improved) so there's no way they could develop the game in a year, gamefreak does this stuff years in advance. They probably figured the ds was so popular that it would stick around for 7years and they therefore would have to make gen5 on it.

Years
    Sora's right, they JUST acquired the development kits like a week ago(rumor says it has tilt built in+all ds features improved) so there's no way they could develop the game in a year, gamefreak does this stuff years in advance. They probably figured the ds was so popular that it would stick around for 7years and they therefore would have to make gen5 on it.
    I'm still hoping for a 3rd gen remake on the new handheld! :D

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Yeah I actually really doubt they will do something with a new handheld console. At the most, I think that it could use the DSi's camera in game for different features?
    Yeah that would be cool - Because I have a Dsi, but what about those who dont? Though Sh*t XD, It should be a feature were the game can be played and enjoyed on all the ds's but if you happen to have a Dsi, maybe there would be some minigames for all of them, but then one or two would be dsi only! Or maybe (kinda like i read from ign about what a new super mario ds would bring) like in a cave or something there could be an incription the floor or sommething and you would only be able to read if you turned up or down your light in-game (á la Select+up/down sound control)

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    Yeah that would be cool - Because I have a Dsi, but what about those who dont? Though Sh*t XD, It should be a feature were the game can be played and enjoyed on all the ds's but if you happen to have a Dsi, maybe there would be some minigames for all of them, but then one or two would be dsi only! Or maybe (kinda like i read from ign about what a new super mario ds would bring) like in a cave or something there could be an incription the floor or sommething and you would only be able to read if you turned up or down your light in-game (á la Select+up/down sound control)

Lolyeah, I was thinking about getting a DSi anyway, my old DS Lite is breaking :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back