• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
  • I am soo importing Pokemon Black.
    then in english, I'm getting white.
    can't wait to find out more to this gen.
    I wonder if you can transfer pokemon to versions? like HG/SS, D/P/pt - thinks outloud-

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I am soo importing Pokemon Black.
    I wonder if you can transfer pokemon to versions? like HG/SS, D/P/pt - thinks outloud-

i can't wait either! does anyone think there will be any new info on pokemon sunday, or will we have to wait a grueling FIVE DAYS oh the agony!
    i've already decided on getting Black Version, but when it comes out in japan i'm probs gonna get the White Version ROM

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years

• I got Red he got Blue
    I got Gold he got Silver
    I got Ruby he got Sapphire
    I got Pearl he got Diamond

You ruined the system.
    Red = 1st version
    Gold = 1st version
    Ruby = 1st version
    Pearl = 2nd Version

Diamond = 1st Version. Lol.

I always got the secondary versions and the special versions, except for generations I and IV(partially).

Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold.

I also broke the trend by choosing HeartGold instead of SoulSilver.
    Mostly because HG's game exclusives appealed more to me.
    HG got Silver's original game exclusives.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • I had nerdgasms when I saw the names.

Getting back to the old name calling of names really overjoyed.
    Hopefully, Gen V will be better than Gen IV, on terms of stuff to do, Poke'mon, and challenges.

I'm syked for the new stuff that's going to be announced on Sunday,
    but I don't wanna jynx anything.

So, I'll stay quiet until then. X3
    Nerdgasms for the NAMES? Are you serious?

I hope these rock, but sadly, given the hype bar we give games these days, I won't get too up in the clouds.

I like the ol' fashion names as well. :D (Grey version for the third?)
    Yes, seriously, too much hype around this place.

I wonder if there is going to be a counterpart of Zoroark.
    Unlikely. Zoroark seems to be a regular Pokémon, just like Lucario. I'm pretty sure it won't be the version mascot.

I am soo importing Pokemon Black.
    Remember that you don't even know how the game looks like, nor any other info. Better consider those before deciding.

In other news, I think these games might refresh the concept of Pokémon, I hope they do big changes in a gameplay that is almost as old as the videogame industry itself. I'm sick of running though the same recycled game over and over. Metagame is still awesome, but the should renew the game as a whole though.

Also, what's up with so much hype? Everyone's like "OMG I'm sooooo buying Black/White version cuz it's awsum!"
    GUYS...
    YOU
    DON'T
    EVEN
    SAW
    A
    SCREENSHOT.

Sorry, but I had to say that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'd like to see a few types changed, such as Glaelie to Ice/Dark and Celebi to Bug/Psychic (yes, a Bug-type legendary). I had a list a few thousand posts ago...

Also, with the type changes, I'd also would like for more diversity in the the already-existing legendaries. I liked how the last two generations made them masters of something in the universe, and I'd like for some new combinations to be made. For example, Mew and Mewtwo can represent natural vs. artificial. Mew can have form changes that will change her learned attacks upon environment (such as aqua form in water). Mewtwo, being manmade, can have his defense, special defense, and special attack raised in sacrifice of speed and attack while wearing the armor as seen in the anime.

I've thought it over, and we don't have to demote Heatran down from legendary status. He/she could be the master of the core, which would mean that we should have two more legendaries representing the crust and mantle.

Variations instead of shinies, please. Shinies have became overrated, but variations will encourage even more collecting.

I expect a lot of changes in this game- everything from type changes, better gender ratios, more abilities (I'd like to see all Pokemon have to positive abilities and one negative ability), new types, different methods of obtainment (no more breeding with incenses, but to evolve Slowpoke you will need a Shellder [perhaps maybe just a form change for Slowpoke?] and to evolve Magnemite you will need two more Magnemite), some species merged (mainly referring to Nidoran being one species), and new evolutionary stages (such as finally a Kangas, a male evolution of Kangaskhan, a pre-evolution of Tauros and Miltank, a Doduno, a Dugduo, and so on and so forth...)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Nerdgasms for the NAMES? Are you serious?

Yes, seriously, too much hype around this place.

Unlikely. Zoroark seems to be a regular Pokémon, just like Lucario. I'm pretty sure it won't be the version mascot.

Remember that you don't even know how the game looks like, nor any other info. Better consider those before deciding.

In other news, I think these games might refresh the concept of Pokémon, I hope they do big changes in a gameplay that is almost as old as the videogame industry itself. I'm sick of running though the same recycled game over and over. Metagame is still awesome, but the should renew the game as a whole though.

Also, what's up with so much hype? Everyone's like "OMG I'm sooooo buying Black/White version cuz it's awsum!"
    GUYS...
    YOU
    DON'T Haven't
    EVEN
    SAW
    A
    SCREENSHOT.

Sorry, but I had to say that.

Grammatical error fixed

But yeah I really hope they do change the gameplay up, because it is getting repetitive playing the same kind of gameplay for about the last three games. I'm assuming they wont do that though because its much cheaper and faster to use the same kind of gameplay mechanics as they did for the last 3 games. The only thing I'm really hoping for are some better 5'th gen pokemon designs, because the ones I have seen are very (I'm sorry for you zoroark and zorua fans but... ) poor design and not very original. The actual in-game sprites I will guarantee you they will look amazing seeing the improvements that game freak made in the sprites just in hg/ss. But really the only 2 things I'm hoping for in this game are:

- Improved gameplay mechanics
    - Original Pokemon designs

Years
  • The amount of racism regarding these names around the internet is astounding. I'm expecting a title change for us.

Look what I found.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I love the simplicity of the title. But I wish the world wasn't so screwed up. Why do people HAVE to consider racism as a factor just by titles. I'm getting White btw, and my friend is getting Black. He is Black, I am Native American. Did I get offended by Pokemon Red? No. I am getting White, not only to be opposite him, but because it is one of my favorite colors. (My favorite is green) It reminds me of snow, one of my favorite things. I can't wait. I get a futuristic vibe from these games, yet the titles are a throwback to earlier days. Very smart choice imo. HG, SS, D, P, PT were off the wall to me. Good to get back to simple roots again.

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    GEN. 5 GAMES! POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE!

Guys, the generation 5 games are coming to Japan sometime later this year!
    Pokemon Black and White!
    My Pokemon-obsessed cousin gave me a link the the Japanese website for Black and White! I'm so excited! All I know about is 3 Pokemon, 2 characters, and the titles of the new games:BLACK and WHITE!!!

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
  • I could believe it I told my GF that they are making Black and White and she said to me "Well that's not racist."

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    What the Heck. Stop making Black and White threads. It's OLD NOW. Lurk, darnit!! Requesting lock.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years

Oh, sorry there, coming here from the board index I thought this was the first thread and you didn't believe it. I see now there's that gen.V sticky; didn't think it was going to be used as the B&W thread, they ought to edit the original post in there to make it apparent.

PRetty much the same here, Didn't realize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back