• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't think it'll be roaming. Those scan's got my hopes up, but this is clearly not a Dark Skinned Person:
    (bottom left)
    Though, they are darker than the Player Character, hmmm *hint* *hint*

I really like this:

EDIT:

Really like these!!!

Also, that Ice-Cream stand totally = New York, even the people queuing. A Hot Dog stand would have sealed the deal :P

Wow, those angle, I wonder how they'll want to Battle you.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Does anyone else want the Protagonists to just get it on! I want to kiss the girl... I wonder if they'll be a romance there. I mean with BW being aimed at older kids an all.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I can't wait until more information, more screenshots, and more new Pokemon, too bad we have to wait 31 more days until more B/W info is leaked, as this months issue has been leaked dry completely, so for a month, we will be stuck knowing only this info, I just can't wait to catch a Zorua.....

Of course Pokemon Sunday on 23rd or the oficial website can give us more information until june 15, unless the big N screws us over, this is strange because usually CoroCoro starts to leak info on the newest Pokemon games about in their January/February issue even though B/W has been set for release in September 2010 and CoroCoro leaks the info on the games several months late making it so that we can only find out the info on the last minute (why does CoroCoro release only on the 15th of each month exactly while most monthly magazines release on the first tuesday of each month)

Also, does'nt Hiun City seem a bit too large for a Pokemon game, I mean really, the largest cities we have seen were Jubilife and Goldenrod, not to mention that the screenshots of Hiun (especially the market) have more NPC's than a city like Goldenrod usually does. If Hiun was that large as seen in the screenshots and scans, it would basically take up the entire region, making little or no room for forest routes, moutain roads, ocean roads, and caves like we have seen in the previous generations, unless they make Hiun as large as Fourside from EarthBound, and especially since most of the scans show only that city and no others except what appears to be the starting town, no to mention that the Scans show the maps of Johto and Sinnoh, and then the picture in the above posts being labeled as the Isshu rejion (possibly they are only showing Hiun to prevent the fans from figuring out Isshus real world counterpart, but at least Nintendo has apparently finnaly ran out of Japan to use for the regions)

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
    Does anyone else want the Protagonists to just get it on! I want to kiss the girl... I wonder if they'll be a romance there. I mean with BW being aimed at older kids an all.
    They'll be 10 years old, Playing this in Canada/USA so i would kinda disagree.

But, I would like that to be in the games too as well.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

uh apparently you haven't been keeping up, so i'll fill you in
    The region's name is Isshu (イッシュ) and is located very far away.
    Hiun City is Isshu's central city, pictured in the scans. "Hiun" means "bad luck" or "misfortune." It can also mean "clouds being blown by the wind."
    The main characters are older than ever before; they are not children.
    Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokemon, its ability is Overgrow, it is 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 8.1 kg (17.9 lbs). "Tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake."
    Pokabu (ポカブ) is the Fire Pig Pokemon, its ability is Blaze, it stands 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 9.9 kg (21.9 lbs). The name derives from "pokapoka," which means "warm" in Japanese, and "bu," the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink").
    Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokemon, its ability is Torrent, it is 0.5 m (1.6 ft) tall, and it weighs 5.9 kg (13 lbs). "Mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."
    Zorua and Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). It allows the two Pokemon to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.
    Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy. These are attacks that Zoroark can learn.
    If you trade over the shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou from the the Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ticket preorders, you can battle and capture a Level 25 Zoroark. During the battle, the Monster Fox Pokemon will take on the appearance of the Pokemon you traded over, and at several points it will revert to its original form (probably when weak). When it does, you can attempt to capture it.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Hate to break this to you. They already said these were teenage protags.

Yes, this definetly seems like New York. But from the translations Ive read the Sky Arrow Bridge (yes that is the official name apparently) will lead to another city and we've seen forests and caves (spectacularly realistic ones too) So im assuming that the city is large and the surrounding area is most of the cities/towns (they already confirmed its the Center of Isshu) so im betting some of Long Island and upstate New York to be the rest of Isshu

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Im hoping they add a grass/fighting and a grass/steel or grass/ghost that would beill

Obscurum intus

Darkness Within
    Years
    I think they should bring in more dark types, BUT I do know their bringing in two new types: light type (Thats definite) and virus type (not so sure about that one

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    I think they should bring in more dark types, BUT I do know their bringing in two new types: light type (Thats definite) and virus type (not so sure about that one

Ya light is phsycic so......

You need to remember that 1 type would disbalance the whole type placement, I measn they added dark and steel to balance it, so they won't add it...

flavios

Lord of Fun
    Years
    The gen 5 protaganist look the best so far in my opinion, but the starters dont look so hot. Have to admit though Zorua and Zoroark look awesome

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Have an age thing on it...lol E for Everyone and A for Adult xD

I wonder if when you fight the Champion it will be broadcasted at Times Square (Or Poke Square I guess...)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I wasnt thinking just like a town per island, maybe like Hion is connected to your starting town and another smaller one, the next island has 2 gyms, head back to Hion, next island has 3 gyms, maybe a total of 5 bigger islands and smaller extras, like the Battle Frontier, Elite Four, PalPark, all have individual islands. And there's surfing areas, but mainly boat transport.

hmm, well we wouldn't want too many islands and not enough walking on land. Going back and forth after awhile would get seriously annoying, and it sort of reminds me of DQM: Joker where I had to rush back and forth to the islands. Though I like the idea. If they did use Shikoku region then that would probably be how things were set up.

that aint the impression i got but anyway... bit off topic.
    i like the idea of 2 seperate black and white teams but that would mean that there is a good team, which is kinda weird. and i dont rly like the idea of helping out a team either. it would be like as if the team has control over u rather than u being independent. shouldnt u be working against it? what i was thinking was night and day, one team could try and control the night and the other the day. white doesnt rly relate to day, but i think its a cool idea.

well if u considered light photosynthesis to be 'white' and dark photosynthesis to be 'black' then yes white would relate to day :D....that was off-topic but more than likely I see there being some conflict on each version that is the alter of one another. One team on black will try to control something (maybe night) and a team on white doing the alternate.

Yeah I agree, If we have a bunch of brainless drones telling us what to do, it kind of takes the fun out of the game, since its supposed to be relatively open-ended. After R/S/E wouldn't mind seeing the dual evil team idea die.

Anybody else think this looks like Manhattan on a small scale? With the verazano bridge in the background? I think it does
    and the sea walls

that is what I was just about to say! I love the taller buildings but I'm wondering how many floors they will have and if each one will be accesible.

Maybe GameFreak took some influences from the far west for black & white. I would lmao if the game was set geographically in New Jersey but had a Japanese feel to it.

and the new professor, which i hope is a woman :3
    a YOUNG woman, a old lady would be rather awkward no?

having the professor be an old lady with some packin' pokemon and an attitude to boast along with it would be tigggghhhhttttt XD. Reminds me of the granny from Hoodwinked.

I would love to see Cover Art/Legendaries next! I saw the thing on Serebii, but it sounds like they'll only be showing one like they did for Shinx. I hope not though. Region map will be nice too, and Protagonists names, if we don't have that already.

yes the only big tihng left is the region map (excluding cover art). the region map will definitely give us a hint of what to expect climate wise, pokemon wise, and fun wise too :D. I'm sure most of us have all said it..but I can never stop I WANT SOMETHING AS BIG AS SINNOH, BUT AS AWESOME AS HOENN.

More fire-pokemon and dark pokemon would be awesome.

you know Pokabu could turn into a fire/dark type. I mean it looks like it would but who knows. I can tell you though Pokabu wil greatly suffer if we have like an island-like region with many water types :laugh:

does anyone else think that Game Freak should give us the locations of of the starters for once? Not that we would be able to catch them (though that would be awesome) but at least include an area in the region where the starter pkmn originated...maybe even add in a side-story too.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back