• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • I referenced to your pics Sora D:

For me Ethan is the best Male Protagonist and the new girl is the best Female, if they were both in the same game, it'll be had to choose. But I'm picking the girl in Black. Though, her battle/choose gender, art doesn't look so hot.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Mostly agree with this, with dark types I hope they make some more Dark-Type moves :\ Bite/Crunch were so widespread that most of the Darks could have been easily replaced by something else.

New Electrics? Yesyesyes.

We also need more Ice, even with the (slight) increase from the snowy region of Sinnoh we still only have 26 Ice Pokémon! D:

true, but if i put anymore ice, it would be 900pokemon by the end :P lol

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    Ok that does it, this is defenetly NewYork!

It could just as well be Kobe, Japan. The Akashi Kaikyo resembles that bridge more than any in NYC imo.

Like I mentioned, they could have taken some influences from other parts of the world and combined them with features that are present in Japan. Manhattan's skyscrapers and the Akashi Kaikyo bridge make since to me...also, if I'm right Kobe has Japan's largest port so hmmmmm...:D

Years
  • Guys, I think Isshu is Korea. South or North, or maybe both.

Tsutaaja would probably become a Flying or Dragon or Poison type. Ever heard of the feathered serpent? Specializes in Special Attack or Attack + Speed to me.

Pokabu apparently seems to be either Dark or Steel, or Ground or maybe Rock. It appears to be a Pig, and will probably evolve to grow horns, and maybe grow a tougher hide? Attack + Defense almost indefinitely.

Mijumaru? Ice, because it may become a diving Pokemon, Fighting to beat up other Pokemon or Rock. I say Rock because it may grow near corral reefs or whatever? Special Attack + Special Defense + maybe Speed monster. Looking at a Pokemon by its looks tells you a lot.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I referenced to your pics Sora D:

For me Ethan is the best Male Protagonist and the new girl is the best Female, if they were both in the same game, it'll be had to choose. But I'm picking the girl in Black. Though, her battle/choose gender, art doesn't look so hot.

yay you're gettin' black!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It could just as well be Kobe, Japan. The Akashi Kaikyo resembles that bridge more than any in NYC imo.

Like I mentioned, they could have taken some influences from other parts of the world and combined them with features that are present in Japan. Manhattan's skyscrapers and the Akashi Kaikyo bridge make since to me...also, if I'm right Kobe has Japan's largest port so hmmmmm...:D

the bridges look nothing alike.

the bridge in game looks like the godlen gate, or manhatten bridge
    which has an american design

the japanese bridge you post:
    1 is FAR too close to the other regions,
    2 has a japanese design, which makes them look nothing alike
    and 3 it doesnt have the same walk way that the american bridges have.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    the bridges look nothing alike.

the bridge in game looks like the godlen gate, or manhatten bridge
    which has an american design

the japanese bridge you post:
    1 is FAR too close to the other regions,
    2 has a japanese design, which makes them look nothing alike
    and 3 it doesnt have the same walk way that the american bridges have.

but...I wanted Akashi Kaikyo XD :'( and yeah I know it's too close to the other regions--well Kobe is in Kansai which is where Kanto and Johto r if I'm right--but no one ever said they could move one city in Japan to a different location.

Years
  • Pfft, exclusive Pokemon XD. I choose which color I like best. Black FTW, and I could always trade.

Hey, I wonder what the Poke Dex looks like now...

Also, aren't you curious what the new Poke Gear is? Look at the main characters of B/W. Looks interesting....

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't want it this region to be based on Ny it's too polluted... at least Nyc... I want clean air take us back to japan...:'(

NYC's pollution is not that bad, especially when compared to other cities like LA, but if they really wanted to use an American city they should have just used Miami imo. It's one of the cleanest cities in the US, and is also one of the smallest with only around 35 sq miles in the city,, which would have made it a perfect fit for Hiun. Small, clean, large ports (Miami one of busiest cruise ship ports in USA), and it has islands connected to the mainland such as Miami Beach,it has the everglades west/southwest of it, and it has a fast growing skyline (my dad use to work in downtown Miami so he saw the construction going on everyday)

only bad thing about the skyline though is that it's not tall, compact, or large enough to be Hiun's.

Why have so many people all ready chosen a game? I'm not choosing until I learn the exclusive Pokemon.

because already have what game I want set in my mind. I did the same thing with Pearl. Once I saw the logos I thought black's was cooler, and yeah that is not revealing what pkmn is in the game or what the cover art is but ehhh. the only thing that would keep me from getting black is if the legendary (or pkmn used for the cover art) sucked badly and if white had much better pkmn that were obtainable.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • they wouldnt do that, it would be their most biggest **** up in history

we moved japan to the usa
    americans: O.o" how the F*** are you goin explain this one?

its like one of those horrid filler arcs in naruto, or bleach that cant explain wats goin on, they just make it up for the hell of it lol

San Fran is WORSE than NYC, ive been to NYC and the smog didnt kill them,only made me weak for the first day or so
    but in San Fran, & LA the smog was literally killin me it was so thick, and disgustin, i could breathe worth ****, its why i moved a week after livin there lol
    Lol, maybe it should be in NYC, I always wanted to see ground zero... or will they have the twin towers... maybe a pokemon burned a pair of tower's or something happened to it like Lugia's former tower in Johto... Wait maybe Hoin is based on NYC as they had that unlucky terrorist attack/ conspiracy attack...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I chose Diamon without knowing I couldn't get Glameow, but I didn't care because I preferred the name Diamond to Pear. Sapphire (it was blue!) to Ruby (which sounded girlie, same a Pear :P) and now Black (sounds darker and sinister) to White (bland much?)

To be honest with you guys, and know it's reinvention but I don't like the rules this is breaking. Not in Japan; no "o" in Regions name; the only rule I love it breaking is the whole 10 year old thing.

Years
  • I chose Diamon without knowing I couldn't get Glameow, but I didn't care because I preferred the name Diamond to Pear. Sapphire (it was blue!) to Ruby (which sounded girlie, same a Pear :P) and now Black (sounds darker and sinister) to White (bland much?)

To be honest with you guys, and know it's reinvention but I don't like the rules this is breaking. Not in Japan; no "o" in Regions name; the only rule I love it breaking is the whole 10 year old thing.
    I feel the same way... except I do like the new 3D but I wanted it to stay in Nippon and have an "O" in it's name.... I am warming up to the idea of seeing Ny as I want to see what they will do with the twin towers...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Remember one thing: they dont need to add all the pollution if they make a region based on a real place.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I feel the same way... except I do like the new 3D but I wanted it to stay in Nippon and have an "O" in it's name.... I am warming up to the idea of seeing Ny as I want to see what they will do with the twin towers...

well it wouldn't make sense to put towers that were destroyed in a game. besides, the Freedom Tower (now called One World Trade Center) will be done with construction by 2012 so they could always put that in instead.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Lol, maybe it should be in NYC, I always wanted to see ground zero... or will they have the twin towers... maybe a pokemon burned a pair of tower's or something happened to it like Lugia's former tower in Johto... Wait maybe Hoin is based on NYC as they had that unlucky terrorist attack/ conspiracy attack...

the new bad guys Team Terrorists (aka team Iraq) *this is meant to be a joke learn to laugh you nut jobs :P * lol

now enoguh wit the lgiht heartness, im thinkin its NYC, simply cuz just like the compact design, and the bridge is grey (while GGB is Red)

but the marketplace reminds me of a lil place i bough some pokemon cards when i was young lol (it was in NYC)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Remember one thing: they dont need to add all the pollution if they make a region based on a real place.

my point exactly! last time I checked no pkmn cities had pollution problems, and Japan is ranked 5th in the world by CO2 emissions so yeah their cities are polluted, yet in the games it doesn't appear as if the Japanese cities the pkmn cities are based off of have any pollution. for crying out loud not even the power plant in Kanto pollutes XD.

Years
  • I wonder if there might be four stage pokemon as that man with the poliwrath in celadon , said he wondered if his Poliwrath will evolve into a frog pokemon... though this might be a reference to Politoad...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back