• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:The good old days of Pokemon:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
  • Remember old school Pokemon? When it just came on T.V., and when R/B came out *sniffle*. I remeber kicking everyones arse on my Blue version, and running home everyday to watch it on T.V.. I miss those days. Ash sounding like he just hit puberty (its true, his voice changed), Misty asking about her bike, Brock turning into a fool (he still does). Thats episode when Bulbasaur unleashed its untaped power and used Solar Beam, When Ash battled Lt.Surge, that episode with Scyther and Electabuzz. Thinking of this makes a tear come to my eye *sniffle*.

P.S. Remember in master quest, when Jessie found that Dratini. Its strange that in the Poke'Rap back in '98 there was a scene from that... Wierd...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Actually Pokerap took the picture of Dratini from the banned episode... that banned episode also explains how Ash caught the herd of Tauros too.

(It was banned because it has a deadly weapon that will kill all the kids and turn them into monsters. It is called... a GUN... So let's ban this episode of Pokemon because it has a gun, while we sell Vice City 3 openly to the public!)

I started my craze for Pokemon very late... so this old school time never existed for me ^_^;; (my first pkmn game: GSC, not RBY... that will tell you just how long it took me to fall in love with Pokemon)

Last edited:

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Actually Pokerap took the picture of Dratini from the banned episode... that banned episode also explains how Ash caught the herd of Tauros too.
    Ah, I see. Never knew that.

(It was banned because it has a deadly weapon that will kill all the kids and turn them into monsters. It-27s called... a#GUN... So let's ban this episode of Pokemon because it has a gun, while we sell Vice City 3 openly to the public!)
    Thats just wrong, alot of shows have guns and noone give. The Bugs Bunny show, Simpsons, Family Guy ect. Why pick on Pokemon? How did he get all those Taurso?

I started my craze for Pokemon very late... so this old school time never existed for me ^_^;; (my first pkmn game: GSC, not RBY... that will tell you just how long it took me to fall in love with Pokemon)
    You missed out on alot man. =\

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol yeah it was because not of one gun...but *gasp* more than one. lol Team rocket for you. thinking of banned pokemon eps. *shudders at thought of james in swim wear*Anyways.

What do u mean the old days. This is why it becomes so hard to love pokemon. Just because others around u don't like it so much doesn't mean thats the end. Of course it makes it that much harder to get hold of pokemon merchandise, but take it as a challenge. I still get back from 6th form in time to see pokemon. Sure during the week its an old ep, but it revs ya up for a sparkly new one on Sunday. I still watch pokemon as 'religiously' as when i first saw it. For me it was the eps, not the game, and i was b4 the fad. I remember my first episode of october 98. lol lead me to buy pokemon red :) lol i remember going on holiday to florida a year later (oct 99) and going to a toy store and seeing a lil pokemon bit. It had only a couple of beanies, board games and cards, but i was so jealous. I got my first pokemon toy, a pikachu beanie from there. lol i was so excited when later i found the first pokemon toy in my local supermarket. lol of course i brought it. my lil eevee and flareon figures. I knew the fad would happen and wanted it to, so i could finally talk to people about this thing i loved so much. kinda went wrong when peeps kept telling me they were better than me. Only because it was normally peeps who didn't know the basics like pikachu's pokedex number or bulbasaurs evoultion.

But it was fun to actually be understood. Though i'll never stop being known as a pokefreak around here. I'm glad to keep it up. It's just now over the years i've collected more items and done so much. I just wish that people still had the understanding they used to. So many missed out on new pokemon, even better games, even better eps, even better movies. But hey i guess it's their loss. ;)

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Spike Razzor said:
    Remember old school Pokemon? When it just came on T.V., and when R/B came out *sniffle*. I remeber kicking everyones arse on my Blue version, and running home everyday to watch it on T.V.. I miss those days. Ash sounding like he just hit puberty (its true, his voice changed), Misty asking about her bike, Brock turning into a fool (he still does). Thats episode when Bulbasaur unleashed its untaped power and used Solar Beam, When Ash battled Lt.Surge, that episode with Scyther and Electabuzz. Thinking of this makes a tear come to my eye *sniffle*.

P.S. Remember in master quest, when Jessie found that Dratini. Its strange that in the Poke'Rap back in '98 there was a scene from that... Wierd...

Ah, the memories of Indigo. Luckily Cartoon Network still shows the repeats of that season. I miss those days, too, where everyday I'd just HAVE to watch the episode and I remember getting so mad that I missed it because I had a dentist appointment that afternoon...^^;; Heck, I almost cried, lol. I was even more obsessed with it than I kinda am now. I mean, it was just so much more fun back then. My cousin used to help me on the Red/Blue/Yellow versions with me when he would come over and show me his huge binder full of all of his Pokemon cards. It's so...so...*sniffle*...SAD!!!! ;_;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ahh...the good ol' days. back before the annoying things of Ru/Sa and the awesome things of GS came out...Ash was in Kanto and the TCG only had three total sets XD

I actually don't remember much from those days except the bad stuff that drove me away from pok?mon for a short while...like when the thugs at my school stole my TCG cards and when they tried to steal my Game Boy so they can steal my Blue Game with 149 pok?mon...*shakes fist at the thugs from my middle school...who are probably still in middle school*

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • Yes. I miss those days. Becaue every one liked pokemon back then and you and all of your friends could talk about it together! Niw days I don't tell my frineds about it. Because it would ebarress me! But I had yelllow version first! i was so excited when i got it on christmas! I must of played it non stopfor like 10 hours. Then I got more batteries and did the same thing! But I didn't know what i was doing! LOL! Then kids at my day care helped me with it! It was the best days of my whole life!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    igtica said:
    lol yeah it was because not of one gun...but *gasp* more than one. lol Team rocket for you. thinking of banned pokemon eps. *shudders at thought of james in swim wear*Anyways.

What do u mean the old days. This is why it becomes so hard to love pokemon. Just because others around u don't like it so much doesn't mean thats the end. Of course it makes it that much harder to get hold of pokemon merchandise, but take it as a challenge. I still get back from 6th form in time to see pokemon. Sure during the week its an old ep, but it revs ya up for a sparkly new one on Sunday. I still watch pokemon as 'religiously' as when i first saw it. For me it was the eps, not the game, and i was b4 the fad. I remember my first episode of october 98. lol lead me to buy pokemon red :) lol i remember going on holiday to florida a year later (oct 99) and going to a toy store and seeing a lil pokemon bit. It had only a couple of beanies, board games and cards, but i was so jealous. I got my first pokemon toy, a pikachu beanie from there. lol i was so excited when later i found the first pokemon toy in my local supermarket. lol of course i brought it. my lil eevee and flareon figures. I knew the fad would happen and wanted it to, so i could finally talk to people about this thing i loved so much. kinda went wrong when peeps kept telling me they were better than me. Only because it was normally peeps who didn't know the basics like pikachu's pokedex number or bulbasaurs evoultion.

But it was fun to actually be understood. Though i'll never stop being known as a pokefreak around here. I'm glad to keep it up. It's just now over the years i've collected more items and done so much. I just wish that people still had the understanding they used to. So many missed out on new pokemon, even better games, even better eps, even better movies. But hey i guess it's their loss. ;)
    *cries* You understand! T-T Pok?mon isn't what's getting worse; it's the people. So many worry about what others think, and as soon as someone stops liking it their friend thinks it's not cool anymore, and does the same. Sooo... it's like dominos, where one person just copies the other until no one likes it except for the true fans. Well, I won't worry about that, because I'll probably never stop liking it. XD There are still a ton of new things going on, so it keeps us loyal fans happy.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I was a "latey" too, by the time I got into Pok?mon all my friends hated it. It was so annoying. One of my best friends lent me her Gameboy and Red for 3 months so I could play (I don't have a Gameboy). But Pok?stuff was never on sale, and Mum wouldn't let me get any. Dad gets me some whenever he goes to Japan, though.

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Geez, now that I think of it, I can even remember the first episode I ever saw. I was probably in fith grade or something, and it was the episode where they went on that boat... the S.S. Anne, I think. I was hooked from that moment on. Now I have such an extensive collection of cards its not even funny, and every single game.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I remember when they had Pok?mon all over the news, and it's fans and haters. I believe most people believe its popularity reached its peak in 2000. Really, it made no difference to me. It was always fun, popular or not. Back when Rd and Blue came out, everyone came to me for Pok?mon information. I was ten then too. It was fun, but even if that doesn't happen now the game are still deep with online play and magical on the Gameboy.

Fire Master

Fire Pokemon Master (FPM)
    Years
  • All i remember of the old days was that i wanted the cards. Bad. I didn't have a gameboy them becuasei was 6. My mom got me the Basic set and was amazed! I got a Machoke that was holograpic and i was jumping all over the place. I thought it was ultra mega rare because it was shiney. Turns out that eveyone else hade it. :p

As for the games i got my first on in 2002. I also got a GBA then to. 0_o My mom though GBA where pecies of junk that i didn't need and it took her months of convincing that i could get one. Then i hade to save for it XDI got the Crstyal game. I wanted to get the red/blue versions. I thought that they where still in the stores. :p

As for the T.V show i also wached my first episode in 2002. I have been a fan science

Between the ages of 7-11 i wasn't to big on Pokemon. I knew it was out of there but i just wasn't that intered.....

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • nah... now there's one new move that he'll use occassionally... iron tail... o.o;; (well at least it's now as repetitive with thunderbolt now... plus when iron tail fails it's slightly funny)

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
  • I was in eigth grade when pokemon was being previewed in JAPAN and fell in love with the idea, character design (though the sprites were pretty ugly)....I am still a fan and going stong.....a little pathetic but I just enjoy everything about it.....(im eighteen, in college), I love it so much im drawing up a comic book about my character

oh and I hate ash, he doesnt train pokemon like tauros, krabby/kingler, muk and they perform excellently...and pikachu is like some super pikachu that rareley loses. Also the many repeated "electric attack!" and "use a thunderbolt!"....

though i like the old days better than now....

Last edited:

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Jedi_Amara said:
    I was a "latey" too, by the time I got into Pok?mon all my friends hated it. It was so annoying. One of my best friends lent me her Gameboy and Red for 3 months so I could play (I don't have a Gameboy). But Pok?stuff was never on sale, and Mum wouldn't let me get any. Dad gets me some whenever he goes to Japan, though.
    I almost was in this category when I became a fan of pokemon.

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
    Years
  • Man those were the days. Every morning i would watch pokemon before i went to elementary school and i would write down what pokemon were in it(so i could remember). I forget how i started to collect the cards, i just know that my first pack was counterfit. The first episode i ever saw was i think the one where Ash's charmeleon evolves and it had Aerodactyl in it. This kid i knew had a gameboy and i was like why is that guy runing around and battling those things. I got the red version because i heard a rumor that the red version was easier. sigh

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    (It was banned because it has a deadly weapon that will kill all the kids and turn them into monsters. It is called... a GUN... So let's ban this episode of Pokemon because it has a gun, while we sell Vice City 3 openly to the public!)
    I agree that that's bull. Makes me wonder why they didn't ban R/B/Y; there was talk about Team Rocket killing Pok?mon.

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • i was around for those days. they rocked. pokemon cards got banned from my school back then :). i remember, the only badge ash really deserves is the Lt. Surge one. my favorite set of episodes was the ss annes through giant island finishing at the port with the tentacruel. ahh yes. o yes, btw, those episodes you mentioned above (tauros, dratini) werent the only ones banned. there was an episode in japan that got banned in america, because it gave kids seizures. it was about a virus in a computer and ash and friends follow a porygon in to find it. oh, how i wish to see it....

*Downloads episode*
    *Begins to move rapidly and froth at mouth*

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Ahh, yes.. Those good old days.. The first episode I ever saw was the one where Metapod evolved, then I started watching it ;_;

When I started to dream of a Pikachu, and wanting one BAD ^^;

Yes, I remember those days ^_^

*gets killed by pikachu*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back