• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammar Correction Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years

*sees even more mistakes...

That "question" has more than 2 errors... there's contradicting pronouns as well... along with improper tense and use of the word "boring"*

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Arwen said:
    Nah.... Hopefully everyone knows the grammar rules...

Yet me see... Heres a sentence with bad Grammar:

Allison was at his boring bedroom because she is an boring person.

2 Mistakes.
    An there's the other one:P

also Allison is a girl and ''his boring bedroom'' wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*thought he already pointed out those 3 flaws? The 3rd point is not really grammar errors (too general)...it's the use of "boring" that messes up...*

*... no one got his previous one yet? the correct sentence should say...

"It's our honor to be here with you, Your Majesty," said the guard. *

^_^;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • PokeTrainerCarol said:
    I wanted to get Frostweaver's sentence about the guard! I could've gotten it right...

Allison was at his boring bedroom because she is an boring person.

Allison was at her bedroom because she is a person.
    Sounds better =D
    ...This doesn't make sense at all! >_> How can a bedroom be boring and she be in her bedroom because she is a boring person? o__O What I said doesn't make sense either, though. XD
    Then you put these "quotation marks" around "boring", how about that? LOL

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    PokeTrainerCarol said:
    Allison was in her "boring" bedroom because she is a "boring" person.

22sa wins o__o XD
    That sounds pretty good...but I don't know if it's right or not XD

EDIT! Isn't it in instead of an?

Yeah, I'd say in...

Anyway correct this pplz.

There was place called PC that had peoples at it that said hello and stuff like that.

~HORN!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*Alyssa's sentence is beyond repair people XD *c* The original sentence violated too much errors that you don't know its meaning... is Allison bored and is sitting in her room doing nothing? Or is she sitting in a boring looking bedroom? or shall we say...

"Allison, who is (keep present tense I believe in this special case as she's probably still a boring person now? this is so confusing) a boring person, was sitting in her boring bedroom."

Frosty has no clue on how to fix it... o.o*

*next question...? =D *c*

"Super Moderator Arcanine appears to be more heroic, while Moderator Sapphire Latos seems to be stupider, but both will face anything for the sake of PokeCommunity, and hence they're both highly respected by the whole community."

(hint- error in the sentence above are as followed: (MAJOR) coherence problem, punctuation mistake(s), improper use of conjunctions, spelling error/fake words.) Try to add in as little new words as possible... multiple answer because you need to revise the whole sentence a bit. Try this one now Carol =) *

*EDIT: didn't see Yamichu's... so many words that you can just cut out to save time ^_^;

"There was place called PC, where people said hello and stuff like that. " *

Last edited:

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • "Super Moderator Arcanine appears to be very heroic, while Moderator Sapphire Latos seems to be stupid, but they will face anything for the sake of PokeCommunity and they are both highly respected by the whole community."

A guess though.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *a run on sentence error in Haruka's suggestion =p *c* *

*even if the run on sentence is fixed... it's still wrong ^_^;*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *answer:

"Even though Super Moderator Arcanine appears/is more heroic and Sapphire Latios stupid, they will face anything for the sake of PokeCommunity, and hence they are both highly respected by the whole community."

Carol got the closest answer... her only mistakes are:
    -using the word "stupider" which is not a word
    -there needs to be a comma before "and hence"

Whee an elementary student made a much better answer than you Haruka... perhaps you need to read view a grammar book? XD *c* *

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back