• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CheesePow: There are a few things IMO that are making that sig what you call "yuck". One, its i just incredibly cluttered with effects, and that is called messy. So clean up your sig a little especialy on the left side. Also, your focal seems to be really sharp for some reason, so calm that down a little.

I think if you fixed these things you could have a really great banner.

could you CnC my entry for the sotw?

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    El Capitano:
    I think that the banner overall is quite dull. It needs something to make it special. I think you should put more power into the background by placing more brushes, C4D's and different colours. It definitely needs some text. If you are going to have the render that small I think you should shorten the length of the banner unless you wanna fill that gap up heaps 'cause it is really empty.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made another banner today. This is my second banner and it turned out much better that expected.

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    El Capitano
    You could rate my banner which is one post above yours.. =P
    Your banner could surely go for a border. It helps make the banner look whole. The text "LIVE" would look better in a different colour or on the other side as the 'e' is kind of hard to read. The blue part is good but the yellow bit doesn't suit very well. If you use colours from the render, that yellow bit would be orange.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    Cheesepeow;; Whoa, you need to tone it down. Way too bright there, but it is a nice banner, i think adding a fractal render on the left hand side should brighten it up a bit on that side. The right side of your banner UBER Bright, and the left is UBER Dark you need to balance it out.

Pinocchio;; Are you serious? that is your second banner. You have Improved MASSIVELY in just one banner, You have blended the render very well, now you can work on putting textures and c4ds in your banners, i must say the text is great but needs some work, it looks a bit over-sharpened.

El Capitano;; SoTW ENTRY;; As latios said, it is very plain, i saw your edited entry in the entry thread, and it is looking a bit monotone Apart from the render, maybe add a couple of c4ds or fractals, to brighten it up a bit and add some feel to the banner.

THEWY banner;; I think the Render and the yellow on the side, really contrasts to the rest of the banner, you should really blend the render more and get rid of that yellow bit. REMEMBER Gradient maps are your friend, the text is alright, but i can hardly read it, when you work on blending the render, put a more readable colour for the text, but not something that contrasts with the colour scheme.

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    Reply Thread:
    My banner has 3 C4D's in it but they are very low in opacity so they don't clash but support the render. If you want I can give you a copy of the banner with no C4D's if you want proof. =P

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    Re-reply to Pinocchio;; Yes i believe you, but what I'm trying to say is that you should now work on more effects, In your next banner try using a clipping mask, it will get you use to using Photoshop's features, Filters aren't there for nothing.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Babylon:I'm not going to rate it, cause you didnt rate pinnochio's.
    Pinnochio:Ironman,eh? well, for a start, try blending in the render by smudging, and the background or brushes dont really suit it. However, the C4D is nice, and the colours are good.
    V1
    V2

Poke'd: Its all pretty good effects, and is a nice sig. But the monotone ness is agrivating. Its almost like it is b/w. Just add somemore color to it and it should really improve.

clade: For some reason the redness of the sig is not going for me. It seems like the render is completely soaked in red, and that does not apeal to me. Also the blue and red splatters in the bg, kinda clash and also doesent apeal to me.

same as Poke'd just work on coloring. the effects are there, just get the color compo right.

Please CnC this:

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    :o ive always liked ur stuff.. this one is pretty cool. i like wut u did with it and like...spread it ^^? anyways 4 me the yellow doesnt really look all that great on the blue :o but u did an amazing job :)

;p i got nothing 4 now

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    El Capitano
    The first banner I like very much. The effects and brushes are great! The only thing I would recommend and I'm sure everyone else would to would be to add a render. Sure the banner looks great but the eyes do not know where to look and there is no focal point. A render will help contain the eyes to one spot and help the overall flow of the banner.

The second banner is very bright. It almost hurts the eyes because of the bright oranges and yellow which isn't always a bad thing. I see you have used similar brushes to the one above. The colours and design of the background matches the render very well and the flow is great. I think that ripple like effect on either side of his head is kinda distracting.

Rate Please?

4th Banner skills?

Last edited:
    Pinnochio: First of all, my first banner isnt supposed to have a render kuz Loki's assignment in his class says to make a sig withought a render.

Ok on to your work. Dude you improve like crazy. Your first sig was really boring, than your 2nd 3rd and 4th are like a different person! great job! =]

Um you can work on adding more effects and colors. Kuz right now its all just green and boring. What you want to have in your sig is something that will make it pop. And most people assume that it is always the render (wich you did ^^). Just find what you do best, and use it in a way that can make your banners look exciting. Just look at some of the more experianced banner makers here, like Shina and Loki they all have ways to make there own sigs interesting.

Keep the good work.

Ok here is my resubmit for SOTW10.

CnC is greatly apreciated.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    El Captino: I like it, but the random dots around the place put it off a bit, plus I dont think clouds and stars give it that vampire-ish feel. It looks a bit empty in the background as well.

Id hate to be the person below ;).

I changed my old signature, moved the text and added some stuff.

My new theme ;D.

My new vampire banner.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Cheesepeow:I'll rate your Halo one. It's a bit dull, but the smudging? and lighting look ok. also the text fits well.

Rate my naruto banner!
    v1

v2

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    Poke'd
    I think that if you are going to put a border, make it a light colour like white. Very plain but still looks great. I like the text which fits in nicely with the banner, the render is positioned well and it is blended in greatly. Those swirls look good and suit everything else.

Rate me entry for SOTW "Vampires".

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back