• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Reply to .fate: Yep it's less distracting, but if you want to fix the placement a bit, you can move it up a little. But I guess it looks fine.

YOOM-TAH, if he moves it more to the left, the right side will look empty, which will create another problem for him.. I guess..

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Despite what happened last time, I made another sig based of a tutorial (and from the same person too). Sorry if I'm making your tuts look bad, Shiranui. XD

Without border:

With border:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Gummy: Ohh, attempting a Shiranui type Naruto banner, are we? Well, my opinions are, It's good, the blending is nice, but the Render choice is a bit low quality.. But nice stuff, just don't erase too much of the focal. The background colours are a good choice, and they blend well, and the left corner looks pretty cool. Try and spread that bit around a bit. Good Banner Gummy, and I must say that I like the bottom one better.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    And I'm a pumping out these ratings of them one-by-one.
    Gummy Woahh, major improvement! This one looks pretty cool, but in some places (ahem, like teh sword) You have sharpened it a bit too much. I could be wrong, cause it's near the lightning ( which is totally awesomes too). Anyways, the Text placement could be better, could use a bit more blending and that bit where Sasuke's sleeve has been displaced, is a bit weird too. But, definately, one of your best banners Gummy, You've improved hella-lot since I saw one of your first banners, the one with the guy with the purple fist from Megaman. Anyway, Well yeh, Good job Gummeh!

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Awesome banner Gummy. Everything is well-placed this time.
    Although the background could use some more work, great job.
    I actually like the text placement. It's next to the render and it flows well with it as well. I don't see what Rényui doesn't like about it.

An extra something you could do here is create a new layer, set it to soft light and brush with black around the edges. Lower layer opacity if you think it's too drastic.

I see a lot of improvements in your style, great job!

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Reply to Twinx Well I don't like it because I usually keep my text hidden, and blended, but there are rare occasions where this is not used!
    Rate the requests!
    v1.

v2.

Made for Super Subordinate

made for (music notes here)Azurill(Music notes here)
    yeh.. Rate them, yeh.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    The first two are a little too blurry around the render, and the third one has some quality issues with the pink effects on either side of the render. Otherwise they're good. Nice blending.

Shoot. I forgot to credit myself.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
    Years
    Beyond-The sig is alright, but the background is a bit dull. I would give it more activity other then that lone c4d. My rating 6.5 out of 10.

-------

Here is my entry for this week's SOTW (insanity)

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Renyui: For the Poliwrath banners, I don't really see much of a difference between the two. Oh wait nvm now I do. xD But still then again, even with the improved one at the bottom, I would still do some more brushing techinques. It looks too little, it needs a bit more. Maybe add a C4Ds render, maybe that will spice things up a bit. Also, you may want to consider in improving the image a little more by going to Image > Adjustments > Selective color. This way your image can stand out a bit more. Well what I like about it is the blurring and blending, because I know I will never know how to do that. XDDD

For the Pokeshipping banner, I, for one would take out the pink thing. It just..... doesn't fit. And I can see the to the right, you copied the image and made it blurred is that correct? Anyways, to me, it's not a very common thing to do, and I wouldn't use it in the first place. Really, it kind of lacks brushing, I mean I can see it yes, but it's some, you need a bit more brushing. And also focus on just a little color, like you know, make the banner color theme erm.. I dunno, pink, white, and red? I see color over there, I see a different color over here. It's like, there's no focus point. You get what I mean? I also think using Selective coloring in this banner would help improve as well.

Well, just keep on practicing and you'll get it soon. ^^

Beyond: You could improve the image a little bit, just like I said in above, use selective coloring. Pokemon Specials always have grainy images because it's, well, a manga duh. XD The background, I guess it's not bad, I mean, I can't do that myself. But it's just red. Just red. Nothing else but red, with a little orange. Add more orange. Add more yellow. Make something pop with colors. Dx I also think a C4Ds texture/ render will do nicely here in this banner. Also the text.... Like I said, it's red, red, and a little orange and yellow. There's barely any orange and yellow which is the problem. So if you made the banner a little more orange and yellow, the text wouldn't look like it's out of place. Also, for this particular banner, I think it would be nice if you added a light source don't you? Really, all you do is that you get a 100px soft brush and place it, maybe where Red's head is, and set it to overlay.

It's a nice work, I would definiently would love to see more. ^^

Gold19: Image - needs work, with selective coloring perferably. >> Like it doesn't match with the backgrounds in the banner and all I pretty much see is white. Add more of that color in the white spots, I mean yes leave some white but add more color. Your banner too, also lacks a focus point. It's hard to see where you are aiming at, Joker or the white stuff. Adding a C4Ds texture would do good here. Actually, you should add more textures while you are at it, it will give the banner a bit more pop. And also, add a light source somewhere, Joker just looks way too dull. As for the text, I would take the text out, it doesn't fit at all. I would suggest use a simple font like Times New Roman and place it somewhere and add color/style to each word. Do you kind of get what I am saying? It's like this.

I think you can do better, just don't make Joker too dull and fill in the white spots. ^^

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Gold19-The light sorce is in the wrong place and i dont see the flow
    the text dosent blend.Neither does the render.
    ok i was skipped completely

are recolors

and the animation

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    PiSToLZ: The first banner is ok, but you can't see Meta knight very much. And the colours, Yellow and red don't mix with the black, gothic style of Meta Knight. That Brush sought of thing on the left blends well though, but the opacity is a little low for it.

As for the Yoshi banner, I'm sorry to say, but this banner is pretty bad. You've smudged yoshi up Too too much and the colours are too fluro. The right side is blank, and you've overlayed some kind of brush over Yoshi, as if to hide him even more. and there is some kind of wierd corner-of-a-box thing near the red. Good attempt though.

Ooo and Hazuki, I don't have CS, i've only got elements so I can't do selective colour... :P

Meh, my attempt at a vector banner. Raaate!
    And it's not transperant. It's just that the colour of the background is the same as PC's.

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Renyui-I see...A vecor sig?
    Simple but effective.
    The colors match well, and it was a good choice of render
    Seems like a lot but I like it
    8/10

(i made his eyes blue:) )
    original stock

and two more

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    PiSTolz 1st: The render is way too blurry to do anything with and the banner itself is quite plain. I do like the pen tool use, though. 3/10.

2nd: Much better render and I see use of a clipping mask. However, the background is beyond plain. 5/10.

3rd: I think the Aura Sphere would have been a better light source than what you chose, and that rainbow is pretty random. 4/10

I think you should try out some tutorials and try to pick some stuff up.

~~~~~

Years
    Gummy: Hmm... I like it, but the blue in his eyes is really rather blue... I think instead of the entire image being black & white then some blue, you should only make it a little black and white. I'm not sure if you've Photoshop, if so, try adding a Black and White Gradient Map, as well as the Blue to Orange one, and set the black and white on Luminosity, while having the blue and orange on 30% opacity. But still keeping the blue parts in there. Play around with it a bit. :D I'd say... 7.5/10, I'd like to see what you come up with.

v1.

Version one seemed a little too dark in the face, so I duplicated and set it to Lighten.

v2.

Then the render of Ichigo seemed overall too light... so I made a new layer, soft brushed white over the dark parts, and set it to Soft Light.

v3.

I was quite happy with the outcome of the last one. :D

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Relyt: I like this new smudge style you've developed. However, in some parts near Ichigo's face it seems a little too bright. the C4D is nice but the text needs to blend a bit more. It's kinda distracting. The border is a little thick, and the render needs a little sharpening but other than these, Good job Relyt!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back