• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Relyt:The banners are pretty good, I personally like them. I'd take into consideration of what Rényui said about the border. Take it down one or two pixels. The last banner is the best, but I'd suggest slightly darkening the edges of (what is he called? Ichago?).. yeah. Ichago's face; right where his hairline ends especially. Other than that, the banner is really good! I can't wait to see more from you. =]

Me: I used Loki's tutorial to do this. Meh, first time in the style. I might've overdone the selective color a little bit, but I like like. -shrugs-
    [Yes, it's the same background texture thing as used for the banner above. I like this texture XDD;]

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Michii: I think the results look really good. My one qualm is the font you used since it seems - to me - like it doesn't seem to go along with the cute and colourful atmosphere that you have going on. I might just be rambling about nothing, though. XD

Well I was making this for SOTW - and I think I still will - but I might use it for myself now as well. I struggled with the lighting on this one for a while. >.<

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    ^^Hmm, my main problem is the lighting in this picture. The very little amount of shading on the render indicates that there's a strong light shining in front of the render, but that light isn't represented in the rest of the sig as the parts immediately around/behind her is quite dark.

The effect in the top right kinda looks obscure/random and doesn't really fit in too well with the rest or blend well. The part on the left looks a little strange where it just cuts off.

I like the kinda darker effect on the far left, like a flame or cloud silhouette. Looks good. The text isn't bad, could be placed/arranged better.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Mishy:Wait a minute... you like SasoDei too?????? I like the background and the texture you used in the banner. And did you use selective color, cause I can't tell. I would use it more? oo It's good as it is anyways, so I don't think there should be any adjustments. ^^

.fate:
    I really don't know what to say because I suck at rating these types of banners. The text placement is amazing, I love it I love it I love it. You should add more stuff to the right, it's jsut that wierd blue thing and that's basically it, that and black. Add a light source somewhere on the girl, I think it would look a little better. Use selective coloring if you have to! Really that's all I can say because there's nothing better than what I think just said, so it's a good banner. ^^

Edit: Icon timeeeeeez~ =D

Made for nappo fairy/Sammi on her birthday, featuring some dude from.... KHR (I'm too lazy to type the whole thing xD)

Featuring Lelouch from Code Geass, because I found such a high quality pic so I just had to do somehting. =D

Featuring Tamaki and Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club (Cause animation is fun, whee~)

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    @Hazuki:
    Wow, those are amazing. I myself love icons, and those are some pretty amazing ones, especially the animated one.

Well, I've never made a smudge banner before, so this is my first take at one. :/

P.S. I think I overdid the smudge, and I think I did it wrong too xD

Ooka: Is pretty, and fluffly looking ( airy ) but its kinda empty in my opinion. I think you can keep the style you are going for but add some more effects. Try some lighting, or texture effects with some c4ds for an easy fix. Just think about adding cool effects withought losing the style you were going for in the first place.

Sorry for my sad attempt at making a comment. >_0

Ok here was my SOTW entry. This was my first sig in a LONG time so go easy. I got photoshop for my bday! WAYAYAYYDSFSD!!!!@1111!11

o and my new theme sig

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @el capitano - cool you have photoshop. now join my shop >.< anyway i kinda get lost in you banner because it's too contrasted. i don't know but a border would be a nice go. I also don't really like the text. It looks like you made the "sotw" bigger when it was small. and the insane is kinda hard to read. also the render looks like he should be in a dark place but that's not a big problem.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    @El Captiano - The SOTW one is pretty good but kinda flat and crowded, and also those colors seem a lot more jolly than insane to me. Though I guess I can kinda see the insane side of em.

The MGS sigs is pretty sweet, but the little boxes are kinda out of place. It could use a little blurring in the background on the left to add to the depth.

@evilcheese - It has decent depth, and the lighting is okay but could be better. The green dots look really bad to me though. Also his eyes kinda look weird. The light you have over his head just makes the render look kinda LQ there.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    evilcheese: As YOOM-TAH said, those green dots really kill the banner. And his eyes look like he's about to go Hulk, especially the right one as some of the green is on the skin.

~~~~~

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ Gummy: It's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen you use that style before. I like how it's rippled, but it seems a little too rippled. Also, you shouldn't have covered the render.

Yeah, I know that was a horrible rate. That's why I'm not going to submit a banner.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Dragonzilla: I have to admit, that is a really cool style. The only thing I have to suggest is that you work on the text. It is... terrible. >>; It should blend into the background more and have more effects on it rather than just slapping on Arial Bold. Try Overlay or something. xD;

SOTW#17 entry, please rate. <3

Ooka

Years
    @Raikazu - I love it, honestly. Probably my favorite banner ever in the SOTW. Really great job. The render blends in nicely with the background, and the text is blended, yet readable.

~

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    @Raikazu - Don't really like it too much. I think the colors should be more washed out to look more like sand, and pretty much the face takes up way too much of the sigs. Most of the effects dominate the focal point so I don't really know what to look at in the sig. The text could be a lot better too. And it's quite flat, not a lot of depth.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Ooka: I think the banner is way too dark, especially since your light source if fairly bright. Colors aren't the greatest, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's horrible. And, sorry for the pickiness, but there are a lot of green pixels/dots on Light's shoulder and arm. Might want to get rid of those.

~~~~~

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ Gummy: The render seems to be little grainy, if you know what I mean. It might be because you resized it to such a small size, but I'm not entirely sure. I like the background. Nice and plain, but it doesn't really match the render. I mean, the render has so much going on, and the background is so boring xD. But yes, sometimes it is better to have a boring background, just not in this case.

I'm not sure what that is under the thing he's holding, but it looks like a C4D. That can go. lol. It seriously doesn't have to be there.

Now, the text...
    Mmm, I think it sort of needs to be redone. In my experiences, simpler text is the way to go. Especially when it's so small. Anyway, not a bad banner, but not a spectacular one either. 6/10.

~~~

Found a few good comic book character renders.

Maybe the text needs to go?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Thanks Motsuko, I was really just trying to bring depth to a banner with that last one. I think I do it better with my next one, though.

Motsuko Live: As usual, your banner is super-special-awesome. A few pet-peeves though: I have no idea where the light is coming from, as there are a couple of bright spots in the sig (my best guess is the bottom right). And while on the topic of the bottom right, what is that image? I've looks at it sideways, upside-down and with one eye closed, but I can't figure it out. xD

~~~~~

Might trash the meteor and text and add a border. What do you think? and yeah, I don't know where the light is coming from either xD.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Motsuko Live:
    Nice banner, I like the positioning of the render and the background looks good.
    The text is okay, but then again I am new to Graphics and wouldn't know very much anyways... =P I think the text is fine, but maybe move it down a bit?
    Gummy:
    This banner looks kinda blurred. I'm sure you meant for it to look like that but it just looks over blurred.
    ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
    Ok guys, here is the moment of truth. I have created my first banner ever and plan on entering it in the the SOTW "Swords and Blades" week. I am unsure about the text so any advice is happily taken.
    Here we go...

~ Kuggles ~

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    Kuggles- There isn't much detail in it at all besides the render. Not really anything else to comment on :/ Nice for your first though.

~

Just figured I'd get mine from the SOTW rated.

I used the same color scheme as my last.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back