• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years

Free rate :D

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    Where do you keep managing to find me accusing you of stealing it? There's NO HINT of me saying that in what I just said. All I said was that you need to stop using stock pictures as your backgrounds. Do you KNOW what a stock photo is? Search anything on Flickr and that is a stock photo.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    OMG, I'm NOT SAYING YOU STOLE IT. What I'm trying to get through your thick skull is that you use regular pictures like the one you took in your tags. NOT JUST APPLYING TO THIS TAG.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    The text is too big, the grass brushes are out of place, and the splatters seem to sharp. Youhave done better ones, this one wasnt exactly amazing.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Not liking the text at all. Concept is nice, but the actual positioning of objects is messy. Needs more depth as well and defiantly a light source.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used a very different style and the inspiration came from mainly my new shoes.

Rock Howard, one of my favorite fighting characters ever. I tried a lot of different things with this one too.

----------------
    Listening to: Coldplay - 42
    via FoxyTunes

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

I used a very different style and the inspiration came from mainly my new shoes.

It pretty good. I can definitely see the shoes-like appearance in it. One thing- it needs some darkness somewhere. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at, since there's difference between the lighting at all =/
    It may also look good with some cinematic boarders (I think... I'd have to see how that would look =)

And then here's mine. The graphics are a scan of a wrapping paper I drew for my brother's birthday gift (took me like, four hours!):

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Conman - I can't even tell what the first tag is. The whole thing is too messy and you have a lot of different effects going on and there's no focal point. Looks and feels very flat; there's no depth. That purple is bothersome, too. The second tag isn't so bad, but it would look a lot better if you got rid of those circles and had a sense of flow. Everything is going all over the place in that one. The stock gets lost in there, as well.
    @Swampert - Your monotoneness is killing me. ;_; https://www.colourlovers.com/ Go there, and love it. Use it. Abuse it. Just learn colors. The text is the focal point of the tag, which I assume you don't want. So make it blend in or something, but get rid of that outer glow. It hardly ever works on text. Not liking the green brush you dabbed over the sides and edges. If you want to give it a feeling of whatever, use black, not green.

Been working on some portfolio pieces as of late, so I've been straying away from tags and working on LPs. Here are the ones I've been working on:

Concert poster.

Uhh

Comments, pleeeeeease

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Love the first one, the colors, concept, effects, and the birdie :o Not to mention the nice subtle pattern in the BG.
    Now the second is good to, but not as interesting as the first. Mainly the rainbow colored effects throw me off. Also personally not a fan of that font.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a sprite tag I did because Iori is awesome, and is also one of my fav fighting chars ever, like Rock Howard. Now...CnC?

Spoiler:

----------------
    Listening to: Gorillaz - Sound Check (Gravity)
    via FoxyTunes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back