• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harde Har free rate! :O

First LP...... Hope it isn't to big. If so notify me so I can edit into a link.
OOh yea. The skull is all my vector work. Everything I made from scratch except the c4d.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    CME - The main problem is all the effects have a decent amount of "realism" look to em, crisp and clean, but the stock looks like a painting. And so it kinda clashes. It looks like it has depth until you get to the guy, and then it looks flat.
    CME.
    A bit of reduce noise may make it look more paintish.
    Also, take the blending mode off the text.

CT. xP
    Too much empty blue of the right? And the pink looks slightly out of place, maybe a bit dull. Still nice work.

Kuggles: I am not really sure about this one. The text should be moved closer to the focal to make it less distracting. Also the tag is terribly flat and has no depth unfortunately. I can't say that is a bad tag because it has some great smudging in there, so great job on that. But the effect that really kills the banner in my honest opinion is the whole pixelated thing. Try and find a better effect to replace that one, because it really does kill the banner.

rates please!

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Kuggles - Guassian blur + lighten = fail
    @Capitan - The stock gets lost in all the same colors. ): You're usually pretty good with colors but not so much here. The stock gets drowned out in a sea of brownish red. GRADIENT MAPS FTW! And it looks like his arm is amputated. Also, blur that render on the right side of the tag, it's competing for attention with the stock.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I smell a freerate. I usally would still CnC something but I'm pressed for time...

I took your advice CME, so what does it look better anyone?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Conman:
    I liked this banner even the first version of it but you just improved it! Lovin' the smudge, C4D stuff at the bottom right. That stock in the background is great and suits the render very well although I think that it needs a little something in that empty space.

My entry for the SoTW "Cityscape".

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Conman: Your banner is pretty good, but for some reason, I seem to little-y dislike it. Also, I think you should have resized the focal, because a disemboied head is very um, disturbing. And, I think the background should be darker.

Oh, and don't take my comments seriously. I'm bad at making comments since I don't know what I'm talkin' about.

---

Anyways, Guess whocommnted in my profle, it was Loki! She was sooo hilarious, but that made me thinking, I'm getting a compliment-slash-sarcasm from her fo getting my Photoshop back, and yet, I didn't make anything? I decided to make a banner. Though, it probably sucks. Agree with me people.

Due for me reading a Naruto Manga, well, you know what I mean. I would have done a Naruto or Sasuke one, but I can't find a good image, well, I think Sakura is better than Tenten right? xD

I chose the same styling as the one I made from the other dreaded banner which Shira-chan seems to humour that it was great, Oh, and Loki too. ROFL.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Woah, it's been a while O_O;
    Conman:
    Eh..... I like this tag of yours, it's got a nice balance in terms of simplicity and colours; also, the transition and concept are both awesome. However, I suggest you do something about your light source. That was what most of the feedback you got was directed at, but you don't seem to have changed it much~! XD; Anyhow. The top right section of his hair looks horribly contrasted because of the awkward lighting, smooth it out with a soft-brush light source and some rays, and you get graphicgasm. <3 It's very very good overall, in my humble opinion. :3

Kuggles:
    Eh..... this one's tricky. You had a good go at depth, but it doesn't really fit in, yeah? I would recommend (this will be time-consuming, but.... D:) cropping a few buildings and placing them between the person and the background, less blur (btw, use LENS blur, it's much more accurate) and also use a bit of dodge/burn. The C4D's good, I like the colour, it seems to complement the overall colour scheme as the bolder choice. I would also recommend shrinking the render a bit, right now the banner's staggeringly close to being infected by FHS D:

Ryouki:
    SAKURA. <3 ...sorry. :x Hmm. Firstly, there's a bit too much contrast. Some of the splatter-reminiscent effects are too anti-aliased in comparison to the rest of the applied effects, and there aren't enough varied colours. I mean, it's quite flat as well, isn't it? That duplicate-effect you did on the Render is good, but you should have positioned the render a bit more to the left. Maybe consider applying the duplicate-effect to more aspects of the banner, then you'd solve the colours problem and achieve a bit more depth? -shrugs- XD

Hope that helped a little D:
    And here's one of my own graphics, been a while since I've made one O:
    I tried something new XD;

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I'll rate Jae's before someone forgets. ._.;

Epppiiiiiiik; I really like the colours. :3 And the style is really eye catching and how you've brought out the picture of the girls is really good too. :3 Um.. I don't see anything you could work on really. XD; *fails at rating* x___x;

---

So like, here sumfin for sumwun to rate. :B

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Really nice. I love how you used the c4d to give the siggy flow. The clipping masks are a nice addition as well.

I ended up making this one, and it wasn't good at all, but I still want it rated :/

Ooka: I think you have done waay better than this. Everything is feeling a tad flat to me. Depth is not coming into play here at all. Also the effects are weak. It is ok with that bubbly thing to the right of the focal's head, but the right side is just flecks of........well...... I am not sure. And I don't like the lighting, it just looks you took a 100px soft brush to her face, set it to soft light, then lowered the opacity.

But remember, you still did a good job with some effects so It is a good concept. The clipping mask on the right is working. But the text could use some work, but we all suck at that!

rate please.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm getting a compliment-slash-sarcasm from her fo getting my Photoshop back, and yet, I didn't make anything? I decided to make a banner.

Where you came under the impression that I was being sarcastic eludes me.

El Capitano: Hmmmmm.... I don't really like the fact that the pores on his face are so clear... maybe some airbrushing is in order?

Anyway, I don't really like the pink on the bottom; it's color just doesn't agree with me, especially when incorporated with the dull colros of the rest of the tag. I think a blue or yellow would look a lot nicer. And then the clipping mask or whatever it is; I don't like it when I can tell that one piece of the banner has been repeated on the other. So that arc and pink star thing at the bottom and the middle are really really bothering. I mean, in general, I like it. Effects are good, and the dulled muted colors are really cool, but the pink is really irksome. xD; I don't really like the negative space on the left either. The black piece ends too abruptly.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Hey i'm back and attempting to make banners.​

riginality Fails: Your Doctor Who signature is great, I like how you made the images fit onto the Macs nicely. The 3D image of the Macs look brilliant, it looks very realistic.

I'm not so keen on the "Amar" signature, the main reason is because I don't like the image you have used. Although I think the background looks fine. But I think you could maybe make the image flow more with the background.

My Attempt​

Thanks
    Pikachu Trainer~

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Well, Im not so good at rating so ill skip to the good stuff. Well, I like it, and how it matches, i think if you erased the scanlines a bit more and maybe added something to spice it up a bit (c4d?) overall i like how it blends. 8/10 :)

Here my 5th banner yet.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Feerce_Kitty; I like the colours, but the CD4's doesn't really flow too well and seems to be all over the place. D: Also the lighting is off, seeing as how there's a random dark bit in the light area on the right of the banner. :x And the left side is a bit empty. ^^;;

---

Rate please? XD;

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    MALYKA. <3
    You rate mine, I rate yours. >:3
    Aiiiizuuuuke:
    Great colour scheme. The red down the bottom is good, it adds a bit of focalisation; however, the transition seems to have resulted in some graininess, unless you intentionally added some noise there, or oversharpened it. Whatever the case, it needs some remedial attention, methinks. D: Not overly fond of the ball of orange floating in the far right corner, it just seems a bit detached/random, and is detrimental to the focal. Lastly, I would suggest toning down the blue blotches you have in the middle left and middle right sections of the banner, not so much the right side, but the left is far too overpowering. It takes away from the focal, and just isn't overly appeasing to the eye. No particular qualms with the text, but I think it could be better if you had made the glow a gradient, going from Red -> Blue. Sorry if all that sounds very negative Malyka D: but then again, I could tell you everything good about it all day and it wouldn't be of much help at all. :/ And it probably would take a day, because it's a nice banner. I'm just being picky, K? :3

~Jae.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back