• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • @Chibi: An icon or sig doesn't have to have textures or C4Ds, that is the artists choice.

Now, on for the rating Dmartin. As you said, they are old, and I know that you have improved since then. Point being, it was clear that you made these when you started out. The random brush patterns on the first one don't really look good, and the coloring is too monotonous for its own good. Throw some more color in there. The same coloring idea goes for the second one. Although you did give it a tad more depth, the effects are still dull. I agree with Chibi on the third one, the fact that the render is that dark takes away from the fact that it is the focal point of the tag. The problem with the last one is that it looks like you just made a background and threw the render on top of it. You need to build the effects around the render, not before it. And both of the last two are montonous as well. Like Chibi said, I'd recommend looking at some tutorials still, I know you've improved, but learning new technqiues is always a good idea.

@Chibi (Again :P): Overall it is pretty nice. I just hate the fact that the render is just thrown on top, with a white border surrounding it. Some effects over and above would give you some depth, but you can't overdo it as it would look cluttered. The coloring is nice, and the rainbows fit nicely with Kirby. Overall, nice job.

To the next poster: RATE CHIBI'S ICON!!!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    @ Chibi Robo: As Jake♫ has said, it just looks like a render with a stroke around it pasted onto a background. Some more blending would be great; maybe a rainbow thing in front of Kirby would look nice. Also, I think the background effects are a bit too busy; I can't really tell what's going on. The bright colours are nice, though; fits very well with the render.

---

Why not.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Shiranui! :D Hey you're back~

Anyway, hummm, "MINE" seems to be too high in opacity for my tastes. Mostly cause the pink is so bright compared to Lelouch, who is so well blended into the rest of the tag. (The blending is a + of this tag, of course. It's not blended too much or too little. Just right~) But that huge bright effect render jutting out in the foreground is distracting too. D: I think smaller effects in the foreground, and moving the big energy blast thing to the back would be a good idea. The light on Lelouch is simple and not too overpowering, and that's probably what I like most about this tag. The sort of \|/ flow is good, and I like it but what distracts me is that at the same time, you have an overpowering \ directional flow, so it's like... Hmm, what direction does it go....?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • @ Loki; Where to start... Its a very nice perspective, very different from most signatures that're, essentially, flat. It's easy to tell what the focal point is. No real complaints here, it's just for some reason the "MagE" looks like it should be somewhere else, or behind the guy (Death the Kid, I think?). I don't know, it just doesn't look very appealing there. Though to me the K looks like it fits in pretty well, maybe a bit too bright, but fits well. Overall, it's a very well done piece of work, and something to be proud of : D

Pretty much experimenting- not amazing, which is why I'm looking for criticism in hopes to get better.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • @ Loki; Where to start... Its a very nice perspective, very different from most signatures that're, essentially, flat. It's easy to tell what the focal point is. No real complaints here, it's just for some reason the "MagE" looks like it should be somewhere else, or behind the guy (Death the Kid, I think?). I don't know, it just doesn't look very appealing there. Though to me the K looks like it fits in pretty well, maybe a bit too bright, but fits well. Overall, it's a very well done piece of work, and something to be proud of : D

Pretty much experimenting- not amazing, which is why I'm looking for criticism in hopes to get better.

Can't really say anything is wrong with this maybe the green is just a tad bit too bright but it is a really good banner nice and active 10/10

I read pandamore's awesome gimp tut and came out with this plus I added a bit of my soothing colors~

Years
  • Can't really say anything is wrong with this maybe the green is just a tad bit too bright but it is a really good banner nice and active 10/10

I read pandamore's awesome gimp tut and came out with this plus I added a bit of my soothing colors~

I suppose this is a animie tag right? I don't like the blend of colors you used for this one, but that's me. I personally don't use brushes anymore, only the smudge at times.
    I would rate it 6/10..

A request i did..

Just playing around with some C4D's

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had recently just got into banner making yesterday.
    I had created two for two games on PC.
    Let me know what you think

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • I suppose this is a animie tag right? I don't like the blend of colors you used for this one, but that's me. I personally don't use brushes anymore, only the smudge at times.
    I would rate it 6/10..

A request i did..

Just playing around with some C4D's

Honestly I don't really like this. Starting with the good, you made it brighter in the center so the person looking can find where the focal point is. But as for the C4D.. I don't know. For some reason I don't like it. It's probably just the blending of the Lucario innto the C4D that I don't like, it makes it seem.. kind of flat? And the mudging of the lucario goes in many different directions which looks a little messy to me. It's not horrible, but not fantastic, a good start though. If I could suggest something it'd be perhaps to give either a little more variation with the colors, or something that stands out on it. 5/10.

I have nothing that needs to be rated so the next person can just post something. ^^

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Honestly I don't really like this. Starting with the good, you made it brighter in the center so the person looking can find where the focal point is. But as for the C4D.. I don't know. For some reason I don't like it. It's probably just the blending of the Lucario innto the C4D that I don't like, it makes it seem.. kind of flat? And the mudging of the lucario goes in many different directions which looks a little messy to me. It's not horrible, but not fantastic, a good start though. If I could suggest something it'd be perhaps to give either a little more variation with the colors, or something that stands out on it. 5/10.

I have nothing that needs to be rated so the next person can just post something. ^^
    Oh joy, thanks Shirayuki! :D

Here is my crappy assassins creed 2 avy

And here are some ruby icons~

Pwease rate~

Years
  • Oh joy, thanks Shirayuki! :D

Here is my crappy assassins creed 2 avy

And here are some ruby icons~

Pwease rate~

Well they look a little.. plain to be. For the pokemon one's they have know good backround, except just a plain white.

For the assasian creed one, I like this one the most. I like how you made his reflection it gives him a little depth. But still another plain backround

6/10

Well i was doing a request for someone the other day. And while i was doing the request gimp crashed on me. I got so mad, because i know i could have added more depth to this sig. Also i'm bad at pokemon sigs i don't know why i just am..

Anyways...

Yeah i hate it to...

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Ok first of all there is no flow with the c4d's which is actualy the main purpose of c4d's it looks like you just copied and pasted the render to the c4d's.
    There are no gradient's at all to flow with it.
    And it looks like it took no effort at all.
    Flow is an essential to graphics and so are gradients read tutorials and that is the only way you will get better.

1/10

Here is my no love banner
    Very sad banner

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Here is my no love banner
    Very sad banner

I like the way the dullness matches the sad with no love theme. The dog laying down like that matches it very well. The text blends in very well too. Though I am not too sure I like the vertical faded lines too much.

9/10

My Banner:

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • @ Morning Bliss; Hm. First impression; not bad, not bad. Nice background, the colors go very well with the picture you chose. I can't say much about this, but if I could suggest anything, I'd say maybe do something with the picture of Haruhi? It looks a little too normal to me- though, I suppose in contrast to the background, it's not bad. 8/10

There's mine, was a request from a shop on another forum, so I wasn't the one to pick out the picture.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
  • Twilight Wolf: There's too much going on in the signature that you don't really know where to look, the faded text littered throughout doesn't help matters either. The background colours also seem to clash and avert the eyes from the main focus of the signature aswell as the occasional square which just seems to detach parts of the signature from each other. Overall to me the whole thing looks unstable, I suggest you give it some work but don't give up! 43%

This is my latest signature, inspired from the 3rd Pokemon movie which is also where the quote comes from. The signature I did myself but the picture I used and rendered is by Celebi Yoshi, just making sure I don't get hounded for something I never claimed as my own.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

This is my latest signature, inspired from the 3rd Pokemon movie which is also where the quote comes from. The signature I did myself but the picture I used and rendered is by Celebi Yoshi, just making sure I don't get hounded for something I never claimed as my own.
    Well to me this looks really effective! The text,The render and the effects well done! 9/10

Ok,I must confess this is not my best but the quote 'From the light's early dawn' is from Green-day's Song '21st Century Breakdown'.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Well to me this looks really effective! The text,The render and the effects well done! 9/10

Ok,I must confess this is not my best but the quote 'From the light's early dawn' is from Green-day's Song '21st Century Breakdown'.

Ok, first of, it feels like Dawn doesn't belong there, the colours do not match her, and 2nd I love the colours, tho the font's are to plain and need some work. :D

OK I made this for banner of the week on PE2K... I like it... Ignore my logo in the corner, it's not on the banner I entered on PE2K.... It's there, you know cause it's my logo. :D

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • @Angela. Very nice. Aside from the fact that the woman who seems to be largest scares me It's very difficult to find flaws. It's.. wow. I don't think I can even point out flaws at all. It's very well done. The colors go together very well, and everything just looks.. wow. Fantastic work!

There's mine.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
    Years
  • Shirayuki - I love it - the character is cute and the colour scheme compliments him perfectly. I love the simple background, as it makes the text seem perfect and not overcrowded :) My only issue is the little trail of white dots, as my first instinct was to question whether it belonged there or not. Regardless, love it :D 9.5/10

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
  • Rachel(Scizoress)- I like it but don't you agree with the fact that mew's a bit too big ?
    other wise is a masterpiece 9.5/10 for that keep up the good work!

Rate mine please it's in sig

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back