• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The greatest Adventurer

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Which Pokedex holder do you think is the most successful? I don't mean in terms of bad-ass-ery, or realize importance to the plot. I mean, which character has had so many more accomplishments throughout the story that it makes them the most important character of them all?

Please leave as detailed an argument as you can make. Let's get really sophisticated here

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
I'd say Platinum Berlitz. She is the only character who defeated all the eight Gyms and the Battle Frontier facilities (although she didn't defeat Palmer "on-screen") of her region in shorter time than Sapphire or Emerald defeated the Hoenn Gyms and Battle Frontier, respectively, and won a Pokémon Contest (Normal Rank, Cool-category). Not forgetting defeating a villainous team twice together with her friends, Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I personally think Red is the most successful. For one thing, he IS bad-ass. He is the trainer that put Proffessor Oak on the map. He defeated the elite four with a team of basic types (fire, grass, water, normal, electric) and with a Pikachu none-the-less. He climbed Mt. Steel and he friggin' lives there. I may be a little biased, because Red's from Kanto and that was my favorite region, but Red is amazing. His lone-wolf personality just makes him mysterious and gives him a sense of power. He seems like the kind of guy who would do anything to protect his friends.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
true, but while she did win the gym battles, two of them were not given because of battles. And the first 3 were done with help from Dia and Pearl. She didn't really earn half of the badges she got the official way. Sapphire had to challenge all the gyms herself, the only one not counting is the last one, though I'm sure she went back for an official challenge, judging by her own personality.

And you can't use the Bad guys as an excuse, as that was plot convenience. The rules of this are stuff they did OUTSIDE of the plot

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
Sapphire didn't defeat Wattson in a Gym nor fought him officially, he gave her the Badge for defeating the machine in New Mauville. So she earned seven Badges by fighting Gym Leaders. The only one Platinum didn't fight the Gym Leader officially for was the sixth Badge as Byron gave it to her, although after she succesfully averted his Pokémon's attack while battling him nevertheless. And I can only count two Gym Badges she earned with the subtle help from Dia or Pearl (the first and the fifth ones).

The rules; weren't, lessay, called rules before. Just saying "not plot-wise". How nice of you (you ought to change it) ^.^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ruby or Gold or Yellow.

Ruby because he struggled so much personally in the R/S arc, saved everyone with his sixth pokémon at the end, is collected and smart and helped in the Emerald arc too.

Gold because seriously, he wasn't the strongest trainer and didn't do the most battles, but his loyalty and morals (except when it comes to hitting on girls) and everything he did to save his friends and Johto and later on even more in the Emerald arc just tells us what a true hero he is. Without him, PokéSpe wouldn't be the same.

Yellow because she is the first original character (and a good such) and got her own arc and really affected the plot even into the Johto and LG/FR arc. Without her, Red and the Kanto heroes wouldn't be who they are, I think.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
In terms of "outside the plot"...it's got be Ruby or Red.
I mean, Ruby can do the contests and that...but then it turns out he's probably Red's equal in battle too! He just didn't like to get his pokémon dirty :/
C'mon, any small child who fights off a Salamence with a Poochyena, Ralts and Skitty has obviously got something going for him.

But Red on the other hand...other than apparently losing to Emerald (I reckon that's his good nature letting Emerald complete his challenge) I get the impression he's effectively undefeated in a fair battle? And his bond with his Eevee is so strong that he evolved it into an Espeon, despite all the built-up anger at humans it obviously had due to the experiments which resulted in it being able to switch between all three original forms.
Although most of his heroics are seen in RBGYGSCFRLGE, I get the impression he probably saves lives on a daily basis.

Gold has a lot to be said for him too, as RHCP said above me.

Back