• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The GTS in Black & White

Years
    I was hoping that Nintendo would fix up the GTS this time around. I would like honest trades with you guys, but I don't have Wi-Fi at my house and have to go to locations that I can connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi.

I got a few Tepigs I bred in order to get Snivy and Oshawott.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    This morning I managed to trade a random Vulpix from my box for a Lv1 Female Japanese Vulpix. I thought "What the heck, I'll do it, maybe I'll get lucky" Sure enough, when I checked its summary, it had Drought!!!! So now I'm in the process of breeding a Timid Vulpix with Drought! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Well I've gotten several good trades myself. I traded one of my Zapdos, lvl 78 (brought over from HG) for a level 83 Tyranitar. Then i traded my own, weaker lvl 61 Tyranitar for a lvl 84 Sharpedo. But yes most of the trades are completely unreasonable, they should add in a feature so that for legendaries, you cannot ask for a Zapdos lvl 1-9. It should be Zapdos 50+.60+, etc. The legendaries should have there own lvl restrictions when asking for one, or searching.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Was looking for a USA Zekrom, Lv 41-50, a few hours ago. Found only ONE. The person offering it wanted a Tirtouga.

Neutral natured, and it seems to have only gotten N battle experience. But hey, why should I complain when HE got MY ol' Tirtouga. Not like Japan makes common Pokemon rare or anything.

So, yeah, I later looked for a Tirtouga from japan, female, 9 and under. Got it & evo'd it to understand its name.

All in all, March 16 got me:
    ~neutral nature Zekrom, Lv.50, touched most of a level
    ~level one & Japanese, Tirtouga (the new fossil turtle)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, if you want to get a Pokémon on the GTS, it's usually a better idea to offer something. That way, reliable trades can be done easily. I got my Pansage that way, trading up a Panpour in the process. GTS can be useful if you know how to use it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    GTS Negotiations and this thread are quite similar in discussion, so the two have been merged. Still continue discussing what you have received and offered in return, your thoughts on the feature and the GTS as a whole, the fairness level and etc.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was recently a bit naughty on the GTS, I offered a lv 1 Zorua for a lv 50 and up (no lv 9 and under for me :p) Reshiram.

Nothing going yet, it's the longest I've been waiting for a trade.

I probably won't do this again though (apart from maybe Tornados) because I don't have any way of getting Reshiram easily in my game and I don't want to trade my Thundurus or Zekrom for it.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    anyone else have freezing problems with the GTS?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    only used it to get the other two starters, and to get a cottenee as I love it's evoled form.

I laugh at some of the offers though- Snivy lv 1 for a Reshy/zeky

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I really like this Generation's GTS. I think its much faster to load than when it was introduced in 4th Generation. I've only made about 5 trades to get Snivy, Tepig, Gothorita, Gigalith, and Escavalier, but still, its pretty awesome.

GTS Negotiations is interesting, and I actually find myself going there a lot.

My only problems are that most of the time when I search for something okay like a Zorua or something, this guy asks for a Reshiram below Level 9. To test this,I assked for a simple Patrat and someone wanted an Azelf below Lv. 9.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Woah...I just got a zorua from GTS for an audino!

Last edited:
    Years
    Improving the GTS

I love the GTS. I think it's brilliant, and I think negotiation trades are one of the cleverest things to come out of B/W. However, as someone looking for a Pokemon to trade, it's massively frustrating when every request is massively unbalanced, even on the most common pokemon:

Reshiram [any]
    Reshiram [lv.100]
    Zekrom [lv.90 and up]
    Zoroark [female lv. 70 and up]
    Mew [lv.9 and under]

Ad nauseam. It's much easier to just put a Pokemon up for trade with a general request for the Pokemon you want, but the other half of the GTS strikes me as incredibly ineffective.

So I propose a couple solutions:
    -Rating systems for Pokemon. Basically, it goes like this: Common Pokemon are one star, fully-evolved Pokemon, starters, fossils, and pseudolegendaries are two stars, legendaries are three stars. When requesting a Pokemon, you can only ask for one of the same or lower ranking.
    -Same with levels. While you're still allowed to ask for "any level," if you're requesting a specific level range, you can only specify levels at or below that of your Pokemon.
    -Add a "refresh results" button if there are more than 6 Pokemon up at a time, because I hate having to change my parameters in order to see more Pokemon.

While I'm at it, for negotiation trades, I suggest they implement a simple rating system. After a trade, you are given a chance to rate the person with whom you traded (thumbs up or thumbs down). If they were a jerk and either spammed you with unhappyfaces or showed off their legendaries and then logged off you can give them a thumbs down; if they had good Pokemon and were willing to trade, you can give them a thumbs up. This goes into a global ranking of some sort, and when you're searching for trades, you're more likely to get paired up with someone of the same ranking as you.

...Just wanted to get this out, really, and ask what you guys thought. What's your opinion of the GTS/GTS Negotiations? Got any suggestions of your own for improvement?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I agree with you like i was looking at tepig ans people wanted a lv 100 hydreigon or ferrothorns i was like whats up with this. I myself make trade like karrablast for shelmet or boldore for boldore just so i can get evoled forms

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love the GTS. I think it's brilliant, and I think negotiation trades are one of the cleverest things to come out of B/W. However, as someone looking for a Pokemon to trade, it's massively frustrating when every request is massively unbalanced, even on the most common pokemon:

Reshiram [any]
    Reshiram [lv.100]
    Zekrom [lv.90 and up]
    Zoroark [female lv. 70 and up]
    Mew [lv.9 and under]

Ad nauseam. It's much easier to just put a Pokemon up for trade with a general request for the Pokemon you want, but the other half of the GTS strikes me as incredibly ineffective.

So I propose a couple solutions:
    -Rating systems for Pokemon. Basically, it goes like this: Common Pokemon are one star, fully-evolved Pokemon, starters, fossils, and pseudolegendaries are two stars, legendaries are three stars. When requesting a Pokemon, you can only ask for one of the same or lower ranking.
    -Same with levels. While you're still allowed to ask for "any level," if you're requesting a specific level range, you can only specify levels at or below that of your Pokemon.
    -Add a "refresh results" button if there are more than 6 Pokemon up at a time, because I hate having to change my parameters in order to see more Pokemon.

While I'm at it, for negotiation trades, I suggest they implement a simple rating system. After a trade, you are given a chance to rate the person with whom you traded (thumbs up or thumbs down). If they were a jerk and either spammed you with unhappyfaces or showed off their legendaries and then logged off you can give them a thumbs down; if they had good Pokemon and were willing to trade, you can give them a thumbs up. This goes into a global ranking of some sort, and when you're searching for trades, you're more likely to get paired up with someone of the same ranking as you.

...Just wanted to get this out, really, and ask what you guys thought. What's your opinion of the GTS/GTS Negotiations? Got any suggestions of your own for improvement?

Merged with the thread that covers everything related to the GTS :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    :)

Iv done tons of trades, and im not too hard on people. I have all the starters except piplup and many other well liked pokes,Im looking for someone to trade me a kingsrock and help me evolve my slowbro, I also am looking for an abra or anything in that evo chain.PM me for my frnd code ill be glade to help you guys evo trade also. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I love GTS more the negotiations get some good deals out of that.

Years
    The GTS in Black and White is so cool! It is faster and it is just better than last generations. I also like the GTS Negotiations. That is really cool and can make for some really cool trades.

Back