• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The GTS in Black & White

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Yeah, the GTS is awesome, but man what is being asked/offered baffles me.
    I mean who would have a level 9 or under Reshiram(or other legendary) at this point in time? Because I know illlegal pokemon cannot get traded, so why ask for these insane trades? It happens every time to me as I search for a certain pokemon...
    That also reminds me, I feel the GTS rules have become more strict than 4th gen...I don't know, but something is different.
    I haven't tried GTS Negotiations yet, I don't really have friends to do this on a regular basis apparantly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    I think that the GTS is very nice at this gen ... You have alot of people ,, nice offers ...

Nice thread ..

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    he searching system in GTS is pointless, however, you can easily obtain a lot of Pokemon by offering yours.
    GTS Negotiation is the best implemention since Generation 4. I obtained three Pokemon holding Power items for 3 Audinos. ^^

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    Have any of you used it yet? yup i has
    If you did, did you like it? ya its nice
    And what have you traded (if anything)? i traded two pokemon (cant remember. where just commons) for a gothita and a watchog

So has anyone gotten anything good? i got a japanese gothita.....thats about the best so far but i did find a shiny tho they wanted a level 100 zekrom for it.
    Any fair trades? i havent found any but people have been trading with me
    Any outrageous trades just to get what you wanted? yes i just about gave up on finding anything
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? i already have an ar but i dont use it to hack pokes....only to clone

Years
    The GTS in Black and White is awesome. I like how they added the GTS Negotiations, that is really cool you can trade with people easier.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    It's full of hacked pokemon! Most traders I've seen has loads of shiny pokemon in master ball >_>

A lot of them are actually legit, I've gotten a few shinies in masterballs and they all had pretty terrible IV's and they passed the Legal checker.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    What kind of terrible company creates a one way banlist (Reshiram/Zekrom/etc < Lv 50 cannot be sent through) yet never bothers to duplicate this function for the request field?

o3o

Years
    I like the GTS in this Gen, but when people ask for Reshiram/Zekrom Lvl 9 and under, it just gets on my nerves. The GTS Negotiations is quite good, and I've gotten quite a few good trades there; Bagon for Reshiram, Squirtle for shiny Growlithe and Oshawott for shiny Quagsire, to list a few. All in all I prefer the Negotiations, though.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I done some successful GTS trades so far. Australians are the best people to trade with ^_^

Nothing fantastic yet. But I got the starters I needed...

GTS Negotiations has issues >_______>

GET READY TO RUMBLE!

RAAAHAWRGAHRGA!
    Years
    SON OF A BOLDORE my dsi is messed up or something. Whenever i try to connect to normal gts it will say connecting to wi-fi, ill have perfect connection but the little dial will never stop spinning. The few times that I can actually get to the gts it says checking gts status, and goes on like that forever.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    WHAT DA SAWK my dsi is messed up or something. Whenever i try to connect to normal gts it will say connecting to wi-fi, ill have perfect connection but the little dial will never stop spinning. The few times that I can actually get to the gts it says checking gts status, and goes on like that forever.

Tell me about it. It's basically trial and error.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    I loke that they've added this Negotiation system as you can trade someone at a moment in time but, it's difficult to find someone who has the Pokemon you want or will take the Pokemon you have to offer.
    But, I can see the originial GTS is still clogged up with annoying people who want Level 9 Reshiram for their Snivy...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Just got a female Zorua for my Baby Daddy (Ditto). That's what I named it coz I used it to breed xD Now I have to get another, but it's worth it. Although I can still get the event one with Celebi this weekend.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I always get irked when people ask for the same thing over and over. For example, I was looking for a decent level Hydreigon, only to find out that the people who were offering all wanted either Reshiram or Zekrom, level 9 and under.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
    What kind of terrible company creates a one way banlist (Reshiram/Zekrom/etc < Lv 50 cannot be sent through) yet never bothers to duplicate this function for the request field?
    QFT.

I don't even understand, why do people do that? It's massively annoying.

Years
    Yeah.... I was looking for any scrafty and ta dah. Reshiram and zekroms. The thing I hate most is when they put up shinies than ask for impossible pokemon. Anyways, I recently got both hydriegon and haxorus., both for bred zoruas :)))

falconpunch94

Pokémon Collector
    Years
    I've got loads of epic deals from the GTS Negotiations, mostly by offering different starters, I also got over 50 trades to get my second Master ball :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I have the Japanese game so I have already tried it multiple times. I like it. Though it has good and bad days for me. A few times I met people who simply wanted to show off. They show me a bunch of shinies or legendaries and then left, some people also did that after trading with me. And some people also don't understand that I don't want any legendaries or shinies, I just want normal Pokémon.
    Most of my trades were pretty good since I almost got all of the starters that way and a bunch of other Pokémon unavailable in the games (since I don't have a second DS to transfer). Recently, someone gave a Pokémon with Pokérus which was a really nice surprise.

What I miss though, is the ability to tell people what you need. For example like a list where you could put 5 Pokémon you want or just say that you want starters or version exclusives.

I'll certainly use it even more now since I'm looking forward to getting Pokémon from different language games.
    Thats pretty much my experience.(with negotiations)

I had great times, a couple of times I treaded ten or more pokemon with the same person, and some even the same (like a zorua vs zorua lol)
    and other times I get a few and thats it, I am only pissed off with the people who don't want any pokemon at all but like quoted poster just like to show off their pokemon.

Back