• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The GTS in Black & White

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I just tried this out properly for the first time just now (I couldn't find anybody on Friday) and it seems alright. My only annoyance is when people don't seem to get the idea that I don't want a damned level 12 Patrat for a Lumburr.
    I haven't done any trades yet because the person who offered something I was interested in (the Kanto starters) didn't want anything I had and when someone offered their Oshawatt (well it's 2nd evo anyway, I forget it's name) he disconnected straight away.

Have any of you used it yet? If you did, did you like it? And what have you traded (if anything)?

Discussion Questions from Volroc's thread:
    So has anyone gotten anything good?
    Any fair trades?
    Any outrageous trades just to get what you wanted?
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? (kinda joking,kinda not lol)
    Any lucky trades that blew your mind, like the one i had on platinum where i got a shiny breloom for a level 50 metang?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I have the Japanese game so I have already tried it multiple times. I like it. Though it has good and bad days for me. A few times I met people who simply wanted to show off. They show me a bunch of shinies or legendaries and then left, some people also did that after trading with me. And some people also don't understand that I don't want any legendaries or shinies, I just want normal Pokémon.
    Most of my trades were pretty good since I almost got all of the starters that way and a bunch of other Pokémon unavailable in the games (since I don't have a second DS to transfer). Recently, someone gave a Pokémon with Pokérus which was a really nice surprise.

What I miss though, is the ability to tell people what you need. For example like a list where you could put 5 Pokémon you want or just say that you want starters or version exclusives.

I'll certainly use it even more now since I'm looking forward to getting Pokémon from different language games.

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I just managed to get my first successful negotiated trade :D
    After a lot of random offerings from both sides, we settled on trading my Gothita for his/her (named Kuro* so I'm not sure) freshly hatched Larvesta.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Wow, these sound interesting, hopefully it'll be good for those of us who want to fill our Unova Dex :)

What is the Gen 5 GTS called anyway? Is it still the same name? Maybe on a different server to Gen 4's.

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Wow, these sound interesting, hopefully it'll be good for those of us who want to fill our Unova Dex :)

What is the Gen 5 GTS called anyway? Is it still the same name? Maybe on a different server to Gen 4's.

It's called the GTS, the only difference is the fact that there is no "Hub" building. I's on the second floor of the Pokémon Centre.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm sort of afraid to use it actually...and anyway I don't have much to offer...

What I'm worried about is the sheer facepalming I'll have to go through as I get offered a Patrat for my Victini. I don't know if I want to risk the grief.

I'll probably give it a go when I have some hatched pokemon.

I have tried the GTS though, but it's not new so it wasn't a big deal. I got a Gothita for my Solosis.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I've heard there are some changes to the GTS, but I'm not 100% aware of them? Or is it exactly the same as D/P/PT/HG/SS's GTS?

I know you can still offer a Pokemon, & choose what you want for it, but what has changed?

EDIT: Nevermind -- I've found how to use the GTS Negotiations. It's definitely one of the best things in the game!

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    ^There is none, you can go on the GTS from any pokémon center.

It's kinda annoying to be honest a lot of people want legenderies, plus i've gotten strange offers.

I did get a cool offer of a Lv. 1 Zorua for my Axew. Pretty awsome right?

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    My poor old thread was forgotten. );
    Actually, I'm using it right now. I use it everyday, and receive a lot of great Pokemon by it (Including a Lv.10 Audino for a Lv.100 unhacked shiny Hydreigon O_O).
    I think it's one of the best things they made this generation, as you can receive Pokemon from generations 1-4 and Zorua without much trouble at the beggining of the game. :3
    @Down
    Theres a little trick if your looking for a certain pokémon - on your trainer card, change your message to the Pokémon you want. I wrote in Espeon and some guy gave me his Eevee. :3
    I have done that seeking Durant. I just typed in Bug and Steel and the player showed it to me immediately. However, it's a bit hard for pokemon like Seviper. (I have seeked it for a few weeks combinating "Zangoose and Hate" or "Zangoose and Bad Dreams".)
    Random japanese people are so awsome :3 Sad to hear about the earthquake. :()
    I'm a bit sad that more Americans and Europeans showed up, as they are a bit mean. Japanese were always generous for me. ^^

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    (Including a Lv.10 Audino for a Lv.100 unhacked shiny Hydreigon O_O).
    Woah, thats pretty awsome - I don't think i've had any offers like that. ;(
    I think it's one of the best things they made this generation, as you can receive Pokemon from generations 1-4 and Zorua without much trouble at the beggining of the game. :3
    Yup it's a very amazing feature, i've been out finding some Poké's to offer.

Theres a little trick if your looking for a certain pokémon - on your trainer card, change your message to the Pokémon you want. I wrote in Espeon and some guy gave me his Eevee. :3

I think it would be much more better with more emoticons, like a question mark. :)

(Random japanese people are so awsome :3 Sad to hear about the earthquake. :()

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Well im sure you all have been on the GTS by now,& saw its the same old hog swallow, people trolling impossible trades, youd think nintendo would put guidelines by now after what? 6years?
    In my opinion its kinda pathetic that they expect us to trade with others,but then dont care how its done.
    And i noticed you can still only search for pokemon youve seen, youd think theyd at least let you search the entire Unova Pokedex til you get the national dex, then search for anything that way.

So lets talk about the good, the bad,& the outrageous...

Ive been on it twice so far,and all ive found is impossible trades for lv1 oshawotts,&lv1 tepigs (even though i said any level, any gender, any location)

Any fair trades?
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? (kinda joking,kinda not lol)
    Any lucky trades that blew your mind, like the one i had on platinum where i got a shiny breloom for a level 50 metang?

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • I hate it that bordering on every trade i look into seems to have people wanting either:
    1: A Zekrom or Reshirams.
    2: Some legendary that is between lvl 1-9
    3: Or highly unreasonable. e.g. they offer a lvl 1 Bidoof for a lvl 60+ Hydregion.
    Sometimes i have found reasonable offers like a Snivy for a Oshawott or a Deino for a Gurdurr.
    Lets take a as of now pulled from the GTS example:
    Search: Tepig
    Wanted: Reshiram 9 and under. Offered lvl:1
    Wanted: Reshiam Any. Offered lvl:1
    Wanted: Archeops 9 and under. Offered lvl:50
    Wanted: Reshiram any. Offered lvl:1
    Wanted: Zekrom any. Offered lvl:1
    Wanted: Reshiram lvl 100. Offered lvl:45
    Wanted: Snivy (Female) 9 and under. Offered lvl:1 <-- The only remotely reasonable one im sure you would agree.
    You see it follows practically all the given rules.
    The GTS is one of those things that are good i theory but bad in practice sadly due to all of these idiots.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • So has anyone gotten anything good? I have gotten a Zorua for a CInccino, which I think was pretty good.
    Any fair trades? Well, there mostly are bad trades, but there are some fair ones, like a Snivy level 1, for a Tepig any level.
    Any outrageous trades just to get what you wanted? I was looking for a Tepig, but everyone wanted Zekrom level 100.
    Anyone go buy an Action replay just to get something? No.
    Any lucky trades that blew your mind, like the one i had on platinum where i got a shiny breloom for a level 50 metang? For me, that Zorua and Cinccino trade was lucky. But that is my only trade I've had on GTS.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    It's full of hacked pokemon! Most traders I've seen has loads of shiny pokemon in master ball >_>

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'm never using the GTS until I can view a full summary of the Pokemon like you can if you view your Party or Pokemon in your PC (or on normal Wifi trading for that matter). This lets you choose nature, ivs if you check those, and you can check if it's hacked or not.)

Until then I'm keeping to just trading on Wi-Fi over forums, you get better deals anyway (and less hacked Pokemon) :)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • The only fair trade I got was a lvl1 Tepig with a timid nature with 31 IVs in attack for a Axew.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not too bothered since it's the same as the first GTS, I usually just put up my own trade. At least then I know it's fair and I'll eventually get what I'm looking for.

I got something incredibly good on my 2nd GTS Attempt
    Any fair trades?
    I asked for a Gothita and offered a Solosis for it and I got my Gothita.
    Not yet...although I might chance it if I ever get bored...I prefer realistic offers though
    Nope
    Yes! The incredibly good thing I got on my 2nd GTS attempt was a shiny Zorua for my Solosis. The Zorua is hatched, Docile, lv 1 and knows Scratch, Leer, Night Daze and Snarl.

Back