• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Guitar Thread!

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I doubt I'm the only one here who plays guitar (at least I hope not)....But I feel like we need a thread so we can talk about this amazing instrument!

So anyway....I've been playing for three and a half years now. I used to have squire strat, but then got a reverend daredevil 290. Here's a link if anyone else would like to see:

https://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/set_neck_series/daredevil_290.html

So what about everyone else? =P

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I play guitar too. I play acustic (i think i spelled it wrong oh well) and I'm fairly good. I play at parties, well at least I played at a halloween party last year...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Acoustic though maybe i want to buy an electric one in the near future

I only play electric, I find it a lot more entertaining...but that's just me.

I play guitar too. I play acustic (i think i spelled it wrong oh well) and I'm fairly good. I play at parties, well at least I played at a halloween party last year...

That's awesome! I've never played live or anything....and it's spelled "acoustic" =P

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I only play electric, I find it a lot more entertaining...but that's just me.

That's awesome! I've never played live or anything....and it's spelled "acoustic" =P

yeah I can't spell :3 Kinda sad comming from someone who is advanced classes. But its cool playing live. I got money out of it, plus I won the costume contest. Guitar Playing Devil :3

Years
  • First played guitar over a year ago. Started on acoustic, played for about a year or so then just suddenly stopped going to lessons and quit playing guitar altogether. Recently though, I decided I'd like to start learning guitar again, so went out and bought an electric guitar. It's a Fender Squier Tele, which is in fairly bad condition, but I'll probably buy another later i.e., when I'm more proficient.

Currently self-teaching. I'm in the process of learning "Smells Like Teen Spirit" an "Californication" as they've been suggested for beginners. Progress... isn't as fast as I'd hoped.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • First played guitar over a year ago. Started on acoustic, played for about a year or so then just suddenly stopped going to lessons and quit playing guitar altogether. Recently though, I decided I'd like to start learning guitar again, so went out and bought an electric guitar. It's a Fender Squier Tele, which is in fairly bad condition, but I'll probably buy another later i.e., when I'm more proficient.

Currently self-teaching. I'm in the process of learning "Smells Like Teen Spirit" an "Californication" as they've been suggested for beginners. Progress... isn't as fast as I'd hoped.

Well at least you're trying =P

"Smells like teen spirit" is one of the first songs I learned as well...I hope you stick with it! Anything in particular you're having trouble with?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've got a couple acoustic guitars around, but I've never really learned how to play. I'm planning on getting some lessons come next month or next week, depending on when I get time. But it's something I've always wanted to do and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. :3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've got a couple acoustic guitars around, but I've never really learned how to play. I'm planning on getting some lessons come next month or next week, depending on when I get time. But it's something I've always wanted to do and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. :3

I hope you do, Feiku...It's an amazing instrument =P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Haha, I know it is. It's only a matter of time before I get good. It's just going to take time from my already full schedule, so hopefully I can squeeze it in there!

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I'm a drummer...and damn proud to be one.

However, if I were not a drummer, I might wanna learn Bass Guitar. I've played a little of that...but I sucked horribly...lol

I'm good at one thing...drums.....lookin for a band lol

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm a drummer...and damn proud to be one.

However, if I were not a drummer, I might wanna learn Bass Guitar. I've played a little of that...but I sucked horribly...lol

I'm good at one thing...drums.....lookin for a band lol

Well at least a type of guitar is your second choice =P

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • i've been playin acoustic for avbout 3 month and i think im pretty good
    and i cnt wait to become even better

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have a guitar, though no longer play it after realising I don't enjoy making noise with it.

Pinhead

Won't you scream my name?
    Years
  • I've been playing for two years. I took two classes at my high school. It was really cool. My acoustic is a squire i don't know the modle. I have 2 electrics a squire strat and a Ibanez artcore which is a semi-hollow guitar. Its really sharp looking and sounds really sweet when plugged in. I'm trying to learn some stuff from Coheed and from First to Last.

Years
  • Well at least you're trying =P

"Smells like teen spirit" is one of the first songs I learned as well...I hope you stick with it! Anything in particular you're having trouble with?

The main riff. I always make a mistake when attempting to play it along with the actual song. Didn't get in as much practice yesterday as I'd hoped. Another problem I have is the strings make a buzzing sound, so I was thinking maybe a change of strings is the way to go, as they seem quite rusted.

Back