• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Habitat Challenge!

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
  • Welcome to
    THE HABITAT CHALLENGE!

So let's get right into it:

The rules are simple:

1. Viable games: R/S/E, FR/GL and hacks of them.
    2. No hacking pokemon in unless absolutely essential.
    4. HM slaves are allowed, just don't use them in battle.

5. If you want to use 4th-6th gen Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Now do the following:

- Choose one Pokedex habitat of your liking.

List of habitats and the Pokemon inhabiting them: HERE

Rare Pokemon category and legendaries do not count.

AND NOW ALL THAT'S LEFT IS TO SIGN UP! :D

Spoiler:

My Sign up form:

Username: or19937
    Game: Light Platinum(I sense a pattern)
    Habitat: Urban.
    Ultimate/Single: Single

HAVE FUN EVERYONE! ;D

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Habitat groups only appear in the Pokedex on those games I believe, so anything after that would be guess work. It does say that you can play on later games if you want to, but maybe he has something else in mind for Ultimate.

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
    Years
  • Habitat groups only appear in the Pokedex on those games I believe, so anything after that would be guess work. It does say that you can play on later games if you want to, but maybe he has something else in mind for Ultimate.
    Ummm, nope, you got it right ^_^
    Actually the habitat groups only appear in the FR/LG pokedex but they include the 3rd gen as well, that's why R/S/E are viable.
    So a normal ultimate would be doing those games, and if you want 4th-6th gens you can but as I said, you'd have to check information in sources like bulbapedia to deduce the habitat of these Pokemon.
    Most Pokemon's habitats are described in their Pokedex description regardless of the generation, so it shouldn't be a problem most of time.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

using the friend areas in Mystery Dungeon as a basis for grouping gen 4-6 pokemon according to habitat could help - less guessing, just more effort in tweaking. the real problem is just who'd have time to do that.

Last edited:
    Back